What's new

Post Central Asia, PM Narendra Modi to visit Saudi Arabia and UAE

Post Central Asia, PM Narendra Modi to visit Saudi Arabia and UAE
Published July 18, 2015 | By admin
SOURCE : ECONOMIC TIMES

modi-afp.jpg

Done with Central Asia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s next diplomatic push is going to be in the Middle East. Attempting a delicate balancing act, Modi will visit Saudi Arabia and UAE before he visits Israel early next year.

Modi is also likely to visit Iran sometime “in the near future” rebalancing diplomatic ties in the region. He is reported to have accepted Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s invitation to visit Tehran when the two leaders met on the sidelines of the recently concluded BRICS summit. No dates have been decided for the proposed visit, however.

“India hopes to benefit from the successful conclusion of Iranian nuclear deal involving the US,” a top government official told ET.

Modi’s proposed visit to Riyadh and Abu Dhabi becomes even more significant following the resolution of Iran’s nuclear issue. Modi is likely to visit the two Gulf countries towards end of the year, “most likely end-November”, and could also include a third country in the region

There was news article way back in Jan 2015 about Prime Minister Modi visit to GCC around Mid of 2015

Gulf News reports that reaching out to the Indian diaspora based in the GCC is a key priority of Modi’s foreign policy and a visit to the region is planned for later this year during the summer months.

“His (Modi) visit to US and Australia has grabbed the headlines, but the government in the last six months has also worked on expanding economic and political opportunities with the countries in the Gulf region. A prime ministerial visit is certainly on the cards in mid-2015,” officials in the prime minister’s office told Gulf News.

Those are obvious ones I was thinking more about on the lines of trade and other sectors. We need to expand ties with ME countries.

UAE has seek assistance of ISRO on its Mars Mission and even Republic of India can help out to diffuse the tensions in Yemen.

Anyway what will be the agenda for this visit? In which sectors we can collaborate?

Soothing "secular" fear over Israel visit and Investment in billions. Yemen situation and neighbor's response should give us some advantage :)

Soothing "secular" fear over Israel visit and Investment in billions. Yemen situation and neighbor's response should give us some advantage :)

India can bring peace in Middle East and Arabs do see towards India as brotherly country.

Oil diplomacy8-). Shusma swaraj sitting idle in her office:angry:

Oil diplomacy8-). Shusma swaraj sitting idle in her office:angry:

That my Friend is the mistake we make ,modi gets all the coverage but that doesn't mean sushma is sitting idle - check her press conf on completion of 1 year of the govt ,last year alone she has been on more number of foreign trips and engagements than PM but media never highlights it

That my Friend is the mistake we make ,modi gets all the coverage but that doesn't mean sushma is sitting idle - check her press conf on completion of 1 year of the govt ,last year alone she has been on more number of foreign trips and engagements than PM but media never highlights it

I know that. Just being sarcastic:D.

Back
Top Bottom