What's new

Possible Solution of Kashmir issue...Your Opinion

As justice to 60,000 victims of Indian state terrorism is not possible I guess the continuation of current policies is the only option

Why are we even having this discussion. There lies a simple solution that was determined by UN in 1948. Simple as that. I am Pakistan but seriously, who are we to decide? There must be an independent voting in both parts of the valley at once and under UN observation. But then again, India knows the result, so they won't agree on it.

If all that you say is true, dear Sir, why did Pakistan not allow the plebiscite to happen? The Commission was ready, and held meetings, the Indians came and agreed to do everything they were asked to do, and the Pakistanis? Do you have any idea of what happened? Have you read the proceedings of the Commission? Have you read their report to the General Assembly, where they stated candidly what had happened?

For decades, Pakistanis have been fooled into believing that the UN Resolution was fruitless because there was nothing happening on the ground. This is untrue; a Commission was formed (with not a single Indian or a Pakistani on it), it met, one side agreed to do everything the Resolution called on it to do, the other side flatly refused to cooperate.

How do you explain that?

We can live without peace then. The idea here is to offer what people think are workable solutions, i.e. that which all parties concerned can live with, status quo is fine if there isn't one. Pipe dreams can be enjoyed elsewhere.
Ur choice to live with or without peace isnt my issue. Nor does ur silly jingoism interest me. And yes continue facing what is happening.

What eventually has to happen will happen, regardless of india's wishes. Freedom will surely happen , if there is anyone who is clinging on to pipedreams then its indians who believe that kashmir will always remain oppressed. Maybe uhavent read what miserable state indian gov had reahed in 89 insurgency.

Anyways, what really weirds me out here is @fakhre mirpur those ppl are trying to decide for ppl of kashmir who have nothing to do with the region. As i had said before pleb is the way else keep facing results. Killing of indian armymen is least of my concerns.

As justice to 60,000 victims of Indian state terrorism is not possible I guess the continuation of current policies is the only option

Everything that irritates you about others can lead you to an understanding of yourselves.

Start with that as an opening thought, and you may get close to the truth. The state terrorism does exist; you'll be surprised whose it is.

If all that you say is true, dear Sir, why did Pakistan not allow the plebiscite to happen? The Commission was ready, and held meetings, the Indians came and agreed to do everything they were asked to do, and the Pakistanis? Do you have any idea of what happened? Have you read the proceedings of the Commission? Have you read their report to the General Assembly, where they stated candidly what had happened?

For decades, Pakistanis have been fooled into believing that the UN Resolution was fruitless because there was nothing happening on the ground. This is untrue; a Commission was formed (with not a single Indian or a Pakistani on it), it met, one side agreed to do everything the Resolution called on it to do, the other side flatly refused to cooperate.

How do you explain that?
Please explain why india told pakistan this

India asks Pakistan to keep UN out of Kashmir - The Express Tribune

Ur choice to live with or without peace isnt my issue. Nor does ur silly jingoism interest me. And yes continue facing what is happening.

What eventually has to happen will happen, regardless of india's wishes. Freedom will surely happen , if there is anyone who is clinging on to pipedreams then its indians who believe that kashmir will always remain oppressed. Maybe uhavent read what miserable state indian gov had reahed in 89 insurgency.

Anyways, what really weirds me out here is @fakhre mirpur those ppl are trying to decide for ppl of kashmir who have nothing to do with the region. As i had said before pleb is the way else keep facing results. Killing of indian armymen is least of my concerns.

Move on. We don't much care for your pipe dreams. We have been facing whatever has been thrown at us since 1947, nothing new being added here. It is 2015. Live in it. Or not. We don't really care.

Everything that irritates you about others can lead you to an understanding of yourselves.

Start with that as an opening thought, and you may get close to the truth. The state terrorism does exist; you'll be surprised whose it is.
The succeser state of dogras

Did you notice the year, genius?

Having rejected it in 1948, you can't raise it when everything else fails.

Why were you balking at the plebiscite when everyone was ready for it? Where was your love and affection for the UN when you sent in commandos of the SSG in 1965? What made you think of the UN after you lost on every count other than the UN?

Move on. We don't much care for your pipe dreams. We have been facing whatever has been thrown at us since 1947, nothing new being added here. It is 2015. Live in it. Or not. We don't really care.
Its you who needs to move on. If u arent bothered by our 'pipedreams' then why u are so seething in ur place over my comments and quoting me and repeating ur gibberish over and over again. Ignore and get going.
And enjoy the fun freedom fighters unleash on ur men.

And yeah now move on its 2015 and ur men are still dying at the hands of freedom fighters.

Its you who needs to move on. If u arent bothered by our 'pipedreams' then why u are so seething in ur place over my comments and quoting me and repeating ur gibberish over and over again. Ignore and get going.

And yeah now move on its 2015 and ur men are still dying at the hands of freedom fighters.

Seething ? :lol:

Did you notice the year, genius?

Having rejected it in 1948, you can't raise it when everything else fails.

Why were you balking at the plebiscite when everyone was ready for it? Where was your love and affection for the UN when you sent in commandos of the SSG in 1965? What made you think of the UN after you lost on every count other than the UN?
Oh cut it out 1948 wasnt the last resolution passed,tere were many resolutions that came after that.. . And do u know the resolutions were to be implemeneted when both the parties in question agreed on the terms.

Here,

"After hearing Indian and Pakistani representatives, the U.N Security Council passed its first resolution (Resolution 38) on Kashmir Conflict on January 17, 1948, calling India and Pakistan to exercise restraint and ease tensions. Three days later, on January 20, the Security Council passed another resolution (Resolution 39), creating the United Nations Commission for Indian and Pakistan (UNCIP) to investigate the dispute and mediate between the two countries.

Led by Britain and the United States, the U.N Security Council passed another resolution (Resolution 47) on April 21, 1948, which enlarged the membership of the UNCIP from 3 to 5 , called for cessation of hostilities between India and Pakistan, withdrawal of all Pakistani troops and tribesmen and bulk of Indian troops(except for a minimal number required for maintaining law order),allowing return of refugees, release of political prisoners and holding of a U.N supervised Plebiscite in the (Princely)State of Jammu and Kashmir to determine the aspirations of her people. The Plebiscite was to be held by a U.N appointed Plebiscite administrator. The U.N Security Council passed another resolution on June3, 1948, which reaffirmed the previous resolutions and asked the UNCIP to proceed to the "disputed areas" to carry out its mission as stated under Resolution 47 of April 21, 1948.

The UNCIP reached the Indian sub-continent in July 1948 and after deliberations with Indian and Pakistani leadership, produced a proposal, which called for an immediate ceasefire and a truce agreement between India and Pakistan, withdrawal of all Pakistani tribals and nationals and bulk of India's troops. India rejected the proposals on the basis of the argument that the proposal did not opportune any blame on Pakistan-which India considered as the aggressor in Kashmir- whereas Pakistan rejected the plan as the Interim administration of Valley of Kashmir and the territories that had fallen under Indian control had been assigned to Sheikh Abdullah's control. Sheikh Abdullah, who had become the Prime Minister of the autonomous J&K State on March 5, 1948, was considered by Pakistan as India's ally and by implication could influence the plebiscite in India's favour. Pakistan also rejected the agreement on the ground that it was supposed to withdraw all its forces from the State whereas India was allowed to retain some of its troops to maintain order, which could potentially lead to coercion or intimidation of voters by Indian forces to influence the outcome of the proposed plebiscite.

On August 14, 1948, the UNCIP submitted proposals to the Indian and Pakistani governments, which for the first time contained an acknowledgment from Pakistan about the presence of its troops in the State of Jammu & Kashmir. The proposal envisioned the withdrawal of Pakistani troops and nationals and bulk of Indian troops from the State, subsequent to their withdrawal the administration of the territory was to be run by the Commission.

On December 11, 1948, the UNCIP laid out a new set of proposals that elaborated on the question of Plebiscite in the State of Jammu and Kashmir. As per the proposals "The question of accession to India or Pakistan was to be decided by a free and impartial plebiscite, which was contingent upon having a cease-fire".

The two countries accepted the cease-fire plan and allowed the U.N to observe the ceasefire from January 1, 1949.The ceasefire-line "went through the western part of Jammu and the eastern part of Poonch, leaving the capital city of Poonch on the Indian side of the line, then crossed the Jhelum River at a point west of Uri and made a large sweep following the valley of the Kishinganga River. From there, it proceeded to Kargil, which also remained on the Indian side, and then north-west to the Chinese border. Hunza, Gilgit, Baltistan, Chilas, the great part of Poonch, and the smaller part of Jammu remained in control of Pakistan and Azad Kashmir".

On January 5, 1949, the United Nations came up with a new plan for a plebiscite. To address Pakistan's fears that the Plebiscite outcome may be influenced in India's favor by Sheikh Abdullah-who was seen as close to Indian P.M. Nehru and had been appointed as the interim head of J& K administration-and the limited Indian troops which were meant to maintain law and order during the plebiscite, the U.N proposed that the State of Jammu and Kashmir should be under the full control of the Plebiscite Administrator. The Plebiscite administrator was to enjoy quasi-sovereign powers over the State of Jammu and Kashmir. The proposal was rejected by the Indian side, which maintained that the State had become a part of the Indian Union."

Tell me appointment of sheikh abdullah as pleb administrator is false ,a lie?

@fakhre mirpur

The succeser state of dogras

Did you notice that the State of Jammu and Kashmir was entirely a creation of the Dogras?

"....and ur men are still dying at the hands of freedom fighters."

Have you noticed that not one terrorist returns alive?

Did you notice that the State of Jammu and Kashmir was entirely a creation of the Dogras?

"....and ur men are still dying at the hands of freedom fighters."

Have you noticed that not one terrorist returns alive?
Nope they were Hindu dictators that's how we Muslims of Kashmir remember them

@Joe Shearer

This is something that I have pointed out before. Most Pakistanis, whether here or elsewhere seem unwilling to engage in a "workable" solution on Kashmir or even Siachen. They seem to simply not be able to go beyond their stated positions, no articulation of why a proposal might find acceptance with India (realistic) & what the alternative proposal may be, what is in it for India & why India should consider doing that.

They bring nothing to the table except their demands which essentially is based on the hope of getting something for nothing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom