What's new

Possible sale of ALH Dhruv to Afghanistan

bit difficult, as there are already competitors, but we may get some more customers for civilian model in Latin America

overall both armed and civilian version of Dhruv have good export potential

we should try to promote theirs sales and if armed version gets tag of "proven" in battlefield, it will be even better

I think the recent news about the ALH getting FAA Certification will help in getting sales in the West. Yes the ALH has many competitors but in many ways it is the best and most affordable machine in its class.

Watch from 7.16 for a comparative analysis with other helos in its class:

Last edited by a moderator:
Afghanistan has a military budget of $4B, (provided by the US) I'm sure they can afford a few Dhruvs.

America hasn't given a Cheque to the Afghans to go to a shopping spree with India or Russia or any other country......

$4 billions are conditioned on buying only American equipment with many being completely non-lethal stuff while others being limited in capability.

for buying goodies like ALH Dhruvs, Afghans have to pay by themselves, this, for a $19 billion economy (half of our Defense budget) looks a LITTLE difficult, or maybe, India is offering them as a military aid (win-win for both).

America hasn't given a Cheque to the Afghans to go to a shopping spree with India or Russia or any other country......

$4 billions are conditioned on buying only American equipment with many being completely non-lethal stuff while others being limited in capability.

for buying goodies like ALH Dhruvs, Afghans have to pay by themselves, this, for a $19 billion economy (half of our Defense budget) looks a LITTLE difficult, or maybe, India is offering them as a military aid (win-win for both).

Understood, but I believe the Americans have provided them with Russian helicopters, the autonomy that the ANA have for their capital purchases remain to be seen.

I think it will be more of a military aid. Remember we did provide them with a few Mi-24 hinds back in the 90's.

I think it will be more of a military aid. Remember we did provide them with a few Mi-24 hinds back in the 90's.

Why you guys are going bonkers on this issue ? Didn't this Karzai ,only few months back had sai that he will be on pak's side in the event of Indo-pak war ?

We have a defence budget of more than 9 billion..

Shame indian ur on a PAKISTANI SITE.

pak's defence budget is less than 7 billion $ and Afghanistan's is of 10 billion including police services.

What shame you pakistani ? You don' treat your guest well , so SHAME on you. My response is in line with your sentiments so then why are you whinning ?

pak's defence budget is 7 billion $ and Afghanistan's is of 10 billion including police services.

What shame you pakistani ? You don' treat your guest well , so SHAME on you. My response is in line with your sentiments so then why are you winning ?

Add 2-2.5 billion CSF in tht 7 billion... (not even including Paramilitary forces like FCB,FC KPK,FC-1,Sindh Rangers n Panjab Rangers) while afghanistans defence budget is 4 billion... n police isnt a military force...

As for guests.. how have we treated you? go to idf n see them abusing,celebrating deaths...

Add 2-2.5 billion CSF in tht 7 billion... (not even including Paramilitary forces like FCB,FC KPK,FC-1,Sindh Rangers n Panjab Rangers) while afghanistans defence budget is 4 billion... n police isnt a military force...

Your defence budget to be exact is only of 627 billion rupees which stands at 6.37 billion $ by current rate of exchange. Your CSF and para won't be added in defence budget.You are allocating those funds for two borders but Afghanistan is allocating that budget onl for one border, so in larger perspective it makes big deference. Apart from those 4 billions many more aids will flow in to strengthen Afghanistan's defence.

Your defence budget to be exact is only of 627 billion rupees which stands at 6.37 billion $ by current rate of exchange. Your CSF and para won't be added in defence budget.You are allocating those funds for two borders but Afghanistan is allocating that budget onl for one border, so in larger perspective it makes big deference. Apart from those 4 billions many more aids will flow in to strengthen Afghanistan's defence.

Our Paras are equiped with tank regiments,helis,APCs etc... and they come under their respective provincial govts... as for 2 borders.. there is no war going on with india is there? ... second...PA also has several industries earning profit in billions of rupees... while on the other hand Taliban control more than 62% of afghanistan and everything from the shoes to the helmets used by afghan forces are imported.. in that 4 billion dollar... so tht makes a very big difference.

I have never been to IDF so no ideas about that but pdf should not be like that .Two wrongs doesn't make one wright.

You wont see us doing tht... and if somebody crosses the line he gets banned.. while on the indian forums abuses are encouraged.

Wont happen.

If ANA wants helicopters, they will have no choice but to get American helicopters.
Probably, old Huey's.

As for guests.. how have we treated you? go to idf n see them abusing,celebrating deaths...

There are ample # of threads wherein PDF Members have celebrated Deaths and abusing/racism is here too...So what are you trying to convey???? :undecided:

Our Paras are equiped with tank regiments,helis,APCs etc... and they come under their respective provincial govts... as for 2 borders.. there is no war going on with india is there? ... second...PA also has several industries earning profit in billions of rupees... while on the other hand Taliban control more than 62% of afghanistan and everything from the shoes to the helmets used by afghan forces are imported.. in that 4 billion dollar... so tht makes a very big difference.

You wont see us doing tht... and if somebody crosses the line he gets banned.. while on the indian forums abuses are encouraged.

It makes me laugh and reminds me of a proverb "After eating 100 rats, the cat goes on a pilgrimage." :omghaha: Lurk around some threads, what you are saying about Indian website, you'll see it on PDF....:ashamed:

Yep we are not at war but persistent headache is always there hence, you need to stretch your resources to two fronts.You can't take back your allocated resources from Indo-pak border.Yes I had herd about your army running various industries but has there been any audit done ever ?? In our subcontinent most of the times PSu runs loss, so it might be case that those industries are more of a drain on your defence budget.Afghanistan doesn't have to go on full fledged war with you, hence there allocated defence budget is more than enough to sustain their defences.
Who told you Taliban controls 60% of Afghanistan, is there any source or is it just your wish ??

There are ample # of threads wherein PDF Members have celebrated Deaths and abusing/racism is here too...So what are you trying to convey???? :undecided:

It makes me laugh and reminds me of a proverb "After eating 100 rats, the cat goes on a pilgrimage." :omghaha: Lurk around some threads, what you are saying about Indian website, you'll see it on PDF....:ashamed:

For every reaction there is a reaction... on PDF such posts dont even make 1%.... yes we support kashmiri struggle.. unlike indians like KS and others who talk abt 72 virgins,when our soldiers die = less jihadis etc etc..

Back
Top Bottom