What's new

possible plaaf inventory in 2025. please tell me the aircrafts which can be

144 * 4 still makes 600 5th generation fighters - Chinese economy 4 times as large as India

Also since China will be producing all this itself rather than having buy from abroad, let us add another 200 fighters which makes 800 - cheaper to make it yourself and not paying a profit margin
to your supplier.

By that logic USAF should be having more than double the number of each jet fighter compared to China.

That is not how armed forces of a country are planned. Japanese economy was more than three times of China for quite sometime with a lot of money to spare as well. They still didn't have enough in numbers.

By that logic USAF should be having more than double the number of each jet fighter compared to China.

That is not how armed forces of a country are planned. Japanese economy was more than three times of China for quite sometime with a lot of money to spare as well. They still didn't have enough in numbers.

Japan was under US protection and relied on the US for ultimate protection.

China is different as it has no-one else it can rely on to come to it's aid.

The total size/sophistication of the Chinese fleet will be based on money, technology and need.

China has the money and the technology now to be able to build massive numbers of 5th generation aircraft in the 2020s.

It's need will be to be able to safeguard it's superpower economy with a military that can defend both itself and it's vital economic interests around the world.

I doubt that the Chinese carriers of the next decade with be carrying 4th generation J-16s. Expect hundreds of 5th generation J-31/J-XX to be built to serve on these carriers.

total american combat aircraft does greatly outnumber total number of chinese combat aircraft.
japan may have had a larger economy but the aircraft they bought was also much more expensive, a F-2 was pushing 120 million dollars, a j-7 is what a tenth the cost?

i dont think we have to debate whether chinese aircraft is cheaper

Back
Top Bottom