What's new

Possible Mig21 Bison crash in Rajasthan

I agree. The responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the IAF top brass. The failure to modernise and properly project-manage the induction of indigenous machines is unpardonable. Especially with a behemoth like HAL already at disposal. I know that apologists from various quarters will pop out and start defending their favourites, but I have no ears for such people.

I was checking BR record of IAF crashes in Mig 21 and the numbers are big

There are even IAF pilots who survived one Mig 21 crash but few years later died in another Mig 21 crash

This is crazy

I like how Pakistanis are more concerned about wanting the Indians to retire their mig 21s when Pakistan operates F7p in large numbers which are basically mig copies pehle apne watan ke liye tho kuch awaz uta lo wahan tho 100 crore sanghi hai unki fikar karne ke liye wahan agar ek indian soldier marta hai to 5 din ke liye wo mahtam karte hai yahan tho roz 10 shaheed hote hai aur kisi ko qatra faraq nahi parta.
Update yourself sir f7s are out in PAF only few PG left now .

There are even IAF pilots who survived one Mig 21 crash but few years later died in another Mig 21 crash

This is crazy

It is insane. Among many reasons, bureaucracy is a big one. They are a cabal and are big time jealous of armed forces because Indians respect the military and hate the babus. They are jealous of the perks military people get and try to scuttle attempts to pump in more funds. Any chief who displays a mind of his own will quickly be told his place. The power some of these senior babus enjoy is insane

They plan to fly it till 2026.

How many F7 squadrons are there in PAF ? There are 9 JF17 , 1 J10 and 4 F16 squadrons out of a total 20 squadrons of PAF. How many of the other 6 are F7 squadrons ?
2 sqn flying relatively new(er) PGs inducted around 2003-5 time period.

Mig-21s are a crumbling machine. Their crash matters not.

Just read on twitter that since May 2020 only one IAF fourth generation fighter plane crashed.

This is crazy
I think they have crashed about half of the Mig-21s they have totally received,right?

Mig-21s are a crumbling machine. Their crash matters not.

Just read on twitter that since May 2020 only one IAF fourth generation fighter plane crashed.

My friend nobody in india cares about Mig 21 crash now..... Worrisome thing is loss of pilots the real assets....

I think they have crashed about half of the Mig-21s they have totally received,right?

More than half my friend....

Is LCA Tejas replacingvMiG 21s ?

Yes it's planned to replace MiGs only...... But in my honest opinion instead of waiting that slow induction process of Tejas and risking pilots it's high time we immediately retire these MiGs..... Anyways these MiGs are not going to win the war for nation as they are falling like pest controled flies in peace time sorties forget about them even put up a worthy fight against the likes of JF17s, J10s, F16s, J11s....

Yes it's planned to replace MiGs only...... But in my honest opinion instead of waiting that slow induction process of Tejas and risking pilots it's high time we immediately retire these MiGs..... Anyways these MiGs are not going to win the war for nation as they are falling like pest controled flies in peace time sorties forget about them even put up a worthy fight against the likes of JF17s, J10s, F16s, J11s....
IAF aims to keep the MiG-21s until at least 2025.
Not sure what's the purpose or benefits.....even PAF has retired its F-7Ps which it received in late 80s early 90s.

I will never understand why we still keep dragging our feet on replacing these death traps.

IAF aims to keep the MiG-21s until at least 2025.
Not sure what's the purpose or benefits.....even PAF has retired its F-7Ps which it received in late 80s early 90s.

Indian Mentality issue.....buy cheap and use for longer..... Just because they're in large nos top authorities are under some delusion that they will be any good in case of an actual war..... MIG 21 was deadly in sixties but it's time is over now.....
Pakistan instead was more focused on quality and western or NATO style doctine which paid it well.... No wonder inspite of having much smaller budget than IAF they retired platforms properly as per the due dates.....

RIP. Govt. needs to take steps to ramp up Tejas induction. With current estimates we'll still be flying these coffins till 2025.

Back
Top Bottom