What's new

Possibility of funding given to BNP in 1991 for elections

What is speculation. the fact that hearing is going on in pakistan supreme court, or that the former chief has disclosed this in front of judge?

Listen mate his memory is prob not that good it was a long time ago. Anyway even if ISI did bravo I say. Paying RAW back I say.

What is speculation. the fact that hearing is going on in pakistan supreme court, or that the former chief has disclosed this in front of judge?

Dear, I don't think ISI has to respond to the SC or other federal courts. It's a state within a state. ;)

Dear, I don't think ISI has to respond to the SC or other federal courts. It's a state within a state. ;)
Well is the case still going on, or is it daily mail writing rubbish in their paper.
Listen mate his memory is prob not that good it was a long time ago. Anyway even if ISI did bravo I say. Paying RAW back I say.
If his memory is weak, he will deny doing anything. Nobody makes false claims due to weak memory.

Oh my god..they openly admits that they suporting insurgency in north east..what kind of secret agency is this(isi)?

Well is the case still going on, or is it daily mail writing rubbish in their paper.

Doesn't matter if the case is going on or not. Cases can go on for several years... Even if SC has solid proof, ISI does not need to bow down to SC, ISI has it's own policies and probably the only one it takes orders from is the Pakistan Army, that is it.

Or the fact that he is a former chief or the fact that this is coming from dailymail?

Oh my god..they openly admits that they suporting insurgency in north east..what kind of secret agency is this(isi)?

Dear, you'd be naive to think ISI is telling the truth. In reality this is just to divert attention so ISI can do it's job...

Well ISI has the right since India too supported insurgents in Bangladesh and now in Baluchistan.

Nobody knows it better than an Indian...

Folks... This fella is an ex chief of ISI.. Moreover he presented an affidavit before the apex court where he did mention some payments to politicians and thats it, don't extract anything more..

Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) has admitted to meddling in India's Northeast and funding the right-wing Bangladesh National Party (BNP) during the 1991 general elections in that country.
The admission came from no less than former ISI chief Asad Durrani during a Pakistan Supreme Court hearing on the spy agency's mandate on Wednesday.
A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhary grilled the former spy agency chief on ISI's funding for politicians both within and outside Pakistan.
Recently a UAE-based daily had alleged that ISI paid Rs 50 crore to BNP chairperson and former PM Khaleda Zia ahead of the 1991 elections in which the BNP won and formed the government. There are allegations that the ISI has been active in Bangladesh whenever the BNP has been in power (1991-96) and later during 2001-06.
The spy agency was also "alleged" to have launched a campaign from Bangladesh to destabilise the Northeast by patronising and providing logistic support, including funds, to the insurgent groups operating from Bangladesh.
The ISI is "alleged" to have supported a network in Bangladesh, which includes the hardline Jamaat-e-Islami (JEI), the BNP and Northeast rebel groups during the BNP's rule.

Pakistan ISI admits supporting insurgency in India's Northeast | Mail Online

is it me or did anyone read the word "alleged" & not "proven" so where did the ISI admit to supporting the north East insurgencies ? giving 50 crore to BNP is not supporting insurgencies in North east, even RAW support awami league those are political parties of Bangladesh so from where does North East Indian insurgencies comes to the picture ? because as far as i know begum Khaleda Zia is the former prime minister & the current opposition leader of Bangladesh & not north east India

Whatever people here say it will not count .. All these things which are official are taken in to account and remedy will soon follow ..in war no one will keep licking their wound .. An eye for an eye is the formula
hence the story continues

Of course. Both our spy agencies are ranked top 10 in the world and our agendas are destabilizing eachother. ISI supports the insurgency in the northeast of India, while RAW supports insurgency in Balochistan. No one can deny that.

If I was the PM of India, after this public admission, I would simply 10 times the budget of RAW with a caveat of all the additional funding to go into supporting insurgencies in Balochistan and Sindh and also supporting Afghan led derecognition of Durand line..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom