What's new

Popular American pancake chain IHOP to open 19 restaurants in Pakistan

Good decision to start from Karachi since it is the most progressive place in Pak and a foreign food business is most likely to succeed there.

Big Mac in India is vegetarian that is why is cheaper than anywhere else in the world. McDonalds has no beef items on their menu in India. Learn basic facts before acting like an expert.
Veggie burger = ghaas bhoos burger = :bad:

you dont know our burger families, they will go weekly just to show off.
the kind of breakfast IHOP serves is what I make when wife is away

Wait till you meet my family in Isloo. Big show offs, much worse than the ones living in Karachi or Abbotabad.
I love the way how they speak Urdu with a foreign accent. The funny part is that most of them haven't been abroad beyond Dubai. :agree:
But I like them all. :enjoy:

Actually Holland is mostly flat and partly below sea level.
I mis the mountains :undecided:

lol you wont get smoking jokes.

i have a disliking for your speed cameras and speed limits.

I agree this should be limited, only one in a city. Look what they have done to the middle east. They look like inflatable balloons, with a roumal on their head.

#ChallengeAccepted

man its a consumer society. anything can sell there.

government is not faal in policy. just open to business.

corrupt to the core. i hope lawmakers dont even try. they will ruin it.

if it was the 90s. it would be martial law on basis of financial emergency.

Wait till you meet my family in Isloo. Big show offs, much worse than the ones living in Karachi or Abbotabad.
I love the way how they speak Urdu with a foreign accent. The funny part is that most of them haven't been abroad beyond Dubai. :agree:
But I like them all. :enjoy:

off course you have to like them, those kind of family members are such a big entertainment in family gathering (when they are not part of it)

Biryani mili phir aaj?

you got me wrong, I am not a fan of spicy desi food either, maybe once a month is ok. but I love Aloo paratha and mooli paratha for breakfast, bagels with butter, Egg omelette with lots of vegetables and cheese (yumm), baked pottatos with Italian seasoning. I get disgusted just the mention of Halwa poori although i will eat parath with aloo channa.

Popular American pancake chain IHOP to open 19 restaurants in Pakistan
Dawn.comMarch 18, 2019
Facebook Count702
Twitter Share

5c8fd17537611.jpg

As per Bloomberg, the move is part of the American pancake restaurant’s efforts to seek new revenue abroad. — Photo courtesy IHOP Twitter

Popular American pancake house chain IHOP has announced plans to open as many as 19 outlets in Pakistan in the coming years, Bloomberg reported on Monday.

The first Pakistani location of the International House of Pancakes, better known by the acronym IHOP, will be opened in Karachi by the end of 2019, followed by 18 more branches across the country over the course of nine years.

As per Bloomberg, the decision to tap into the Pakistani market is a part of the American pancake restaurant’s "efforts to seek new revenue abroad".

Dine Brands Global Inc, the parent company of IHOP, shared the news on Monday, revealing that nine of its franchises in Pakistan would be operated by the Gerry's Group while the rest would be sub-franchised.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD
"Pakistan’s rapidly growing economy" was part of the reason behind opening branches there, Bloomberg quoted Dine Brands Chief Executive Officer Steve Joyce as saying.

In a statement, Joyce said that international development was a "major component of the company’s return to growth".

According to the report, the pancake chain has recently bounced back with Joyce as the CEO following a "couple of dismal years".

“We are delighted to be bringing the world famous American IHOP experience to our country and to our portfolio of successful companies,” Akram Wali Muhammad, Managing Director for Gerry’s Group was quoted as saying in a press release by AP News.

“While IHOP will be a new brand in Pakistan, there is already significant awareness of and excitement about IHOP and we look forward to the opening of our first location later this year.”

Agreements have already been signed to expand IHOP into Peru and Equador this year, and to open more locations in Canada.

The chain is already present in 14 countries including India, Thailand and Guam and is exploring possibilities for business in the United Kingdom, Bloomberg reported.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1470400/p...chain-ihop-to-open-19-restaurants-in-pakistan
-----------------
Shit man, Isolation is hitting us hard...
Good food.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom