What's new

Policing the Police

And what in your view merits to be a concrete considerable recommendation?
You mentioned you took exception to the script used in logging handwritten FIR reports? Most of the FIRs are now electronic, but if you can suggest changes along those lines, that is a positive and actionable recommendation.

Double shifts?
What I mentioned is supposed to be taken as a standard duty time. While in an emergency situation they won't mind working another 9
That's the problem the standard duty is 8 hours and sometimes that can go beyond 10 to 12 hours and without any overtime! This is not corporate Pakistan!

Double shifts?
What I mentioned is supposed to be taken as a standard duty time. While in an emergency situation they won't mind working another 9
@I.R.A

With appropriate overtime. Double the hourly pay. With the feeling that he belongs to an institution that takes care of him, values him and is respected by people he is performing services for.

They don't get any additional benefit for performing beyond normal duty hours.

That's the problem the standard duty is 8 hours and sometimes that can go beyond 10 to 12 hours and without any overtime! This is not corporate Pakistan
Nop it's 24/7 and the higher up consider vacations as some sort of shafqat.

With appropriate overtime. Double the hourly pay. With the feeling that he belongs to an institution that takes care of him, values him and is respected by people he is performing services for.

They don't get any additional benefit for performing beyond normal duty hours.
The rankers get treated with disdain and Contempt. An sho exercises the authority of an i.g while don't have no aukaat in reality. If he don't take money from people he cant prepare the documentation out of his own pay or what the department pays him for stationery and stuff.

Nop it's 24/7 and the higher up consider vacations as some sort of shafqat.
Lets not exaggerate, the police rules clearly states the average deployment is 8 hours on route and 10 hours on duty, but this can exceed that number, in fact it does so every day.

An encounter of a common citizen with Pakistan police in any region is never less of a frustration filled experience, you will always be left with a bitter feeling of disgust and high blood pressure and in many instances frustrated enough to hate the whole system.
I don't know why and how but I feel like an exception that almost all of my experiences (except one) with the Karachi police were exceptionally good, in fact I must mention two such instances were related to the matters of serious crimes and my experiences must be termed Excellent as in both occasions Police not only resolved crimes professionally but in timely manner and this is the experience of a Karachiet who is NOT so well connected.

On the other hand I was disappointed by Judicial system.

Last edited:
You mentioned you took exception to the script used in logging handwritten FIR reports? Most of the FIRs are now electronic, but if you can suggest changes along those lines, that is a positive and actionable recommendation.

Electronic but still need a moharar? Now lets take one of my problems that I am facing, I have this child forced labor and beggary issue in my area markets, there is a police station nearby, a police mobile makes the rounds ... but I still don't know where to report this and seek help. I am sure they know who drops and picks these children but where do I go? Entering that police station is useless, they sit there lolly gagging and don't pay any heed nor they have this helping attitude .... kamra number falan may jain ..... citizen liaison committees are a mafia in themselves ... no genuine complaint gets heard nor paid any attention to.

The problem ..... police are a closed community .... drowned in their own world, thinking along their own set lines. Not willing to welcome any feedback and suggestion. Can we start from there?

That's the problem the standard duty is 8 hours and sometimes that can go beyond 10 to 12 hours and without any overtime! This is not corporate Pakistan!

If a fauji jawan can get it why not a policeman? Why don't the superiors look beyond their petty interests and for once speak for their department .... united?

Lets not exaggerate, the police rules clearly states the average deployment is 8 hours on route and 10 hours on duty, but this can exceed that number, in fact it does so every day.
Lmao police rules :rofl:and iam the one who is not in touch with pakii ground realities :oops:

All I want is an equal opportunity for all like the free world gives it

Decentralization of police and administrative service is a must

For me India is a lesser enemy of pakistan than PAS AND PSP

Electronic but still need a moharar? Now lets take one of my problems that I am facing, I have this child forced labor and beggary issue in my area markets, there is a police station nearby, a police mobile makes the rounds ... but I still don't know where to report this and seek help. I am sure they know who drops and picks these children but where do I go? Entering that police station is useless, they sit there lolly gagging and don't pay any heed nor they have this helping attitude .... kamra number falan may jain ..... citizen liaison committees are a mafia in themselves ... no genuine complaint gets heard nor paid any attention to.

The problem ..... police are a closed community .... drowned in their own world, thinking along their own set lines. Not willing to welcome any feedback and suggestion. Can we start from there?

If a fauji jawan can get it why not a policeman? Why don't the superiors look beyond their petty interests and for once speak for their department .... united?
Coz they know it all starts with the I. G and if he ever takes notice of it, suspend kr do - - - - - -

12 crore log I. G ko daikho bs melay I. G nae thana tha Lia :-)

What I do find very interesting and at the same time frustrating is that for a defense forum, our members seem to post a lot of anecdotal information without referenced articles or empirical information, in fact this is one of the reasons that valuable threads and expensive bandwidth is wasted in a pointless dick swinging contest between egos.

I have put across points, you are welcome to disagree with them or make your own recommendations, but I will now bow out of this thread because it's defeated the main purpose.

Salam to all!

Last edited:
So I take it you have run out of intelligence things to say now?
make me in charge of police reforms committee for a month and also provide me govt machinery to execute my orders. I won't consider the fact that any of my relatives are in service. I promise I'll make police the most professional org in the entire country. Just a month!

Bar some exceptions.
How many of your non CSP policemen can understand, speak and read English? Do they even know the meaning of the oath they take?

FIRs to this date get written in an Urdu script that an ordinary person would never be able to properly read and understand.

Virtually every police force in the world 'understand, speak and read' their own language. Not a single police force in Europe do anything in English.Why shouldn't 'FIR' be in your own language? Can't people read their own script anymore in Pakistan?

Where would the pay come from then if they are not Gazetted? Daily Wages?
Power of being true I.O starts from ASI.There should be direct induction of ASI's and from there everyone goes up based on a criteria,guys from PSP are never on one ship with rest of them.

What I do find very interesting and at the same time frustrating is that for a defense forum, our members seem to post a lot of anecdotal information without referenced articles or empirical information, in fact this is one of the reasons that valuable threads and expensive bandwidth is wasted in a pointless dick swinging contest between egos.

I have put across points, you are welcome to disagree with them or make your own recommendations, but I will now bow out of this thread because it's defeated the main purpose.

Salam to all!
Now,think Police has to deal same awam.

Back
Top Bottom