What's new

Policeman martyred, dozens injured in Islamabad clashes; Army called

Now that Khatm-e-Nabuwwat has been upheld by all concerned, hopefully things will be back to normalcy in Pakistan.

Regards

I have to agree with the high courts remarks, "If the army wants to do politics then they should hand their rifle back to the state after retirement and then do politics" Another indirect slap on the face of the Gov.

Before today it seem to be their only demand but now it seem it would be lot more demands after today

Than you are wrong my brother works in office in Islamabad people are facing hell still majority were supportive of their demands even many in his society were busy making food and sending to people at Dharna
I was telling you only what i learned from discussing the situation here in my city with different people. Only yesterday i met someone who was supporting these thugs. Before that, over three weeks, all of them are just against these.

Anyway, it is over now. Hope things will be back to normal full in a day or two max,

Did the women who protested in Women March in the aftermath of Trump's election had any proof against him? Did they go to any court? Or they chose and exercised their right to peacefully gather, march and protest and show their displeasure towards the elected President? Did you call them anarchists? Or demanded them to goto courts instead of taking streets? Protest and right to free speech is the beauty of democracy and thats the corner stone that differentiate it from a dictatorship.

You are correct, people like me who stand up for ones democratic and constitutional rights, are strange.

Yes, those women were asked to go to the courts and provide their evidences.
They have all the right for peaceful demonstrations. But once they start blocking the roads and challenging the writ of government, then it is not allowed in any civilized western country.

Just watch how US Police clashed against these protesters and didn't let them to challenge the state writ:

Brother, please don't consider me a naive, or don't make yourself naive by this reasoning.

Army Chief is no one to give any Political Advice in the open without being asked.

And once Army Chief has openly advised for Negotiations, then tell me how Government could ask from the same Army for the operation? This will totally backfire Politically upon the Government and all the Mullah Supporters will use this issue against the Government.

That is why Army Chief is no one to advice in the Political Issues in the open. It is the only the right of the Government to decide for the operation or not. No other organ of the state (e.g. judiciary or the Army) has the right then to advice the Government in the open without being itself asked by the Government.
The govt lost the moral high ground the day they insulted institution on behalf of a corrupt disqualified mafia don

I hope the court orders an enquiry into this fiasco. This episode needs to have its directors and producer locked up.

What is making me increasingly resentful is that as the general sense of the public in Pakistan seems to be moving steadily in the direction of honouring the rule of law, and against violence in public life, right down to the extreme form of terrorism, we are in India sinking in almost a choreographed measure, following every upward move or improvement in Pakistan with a matching downward move in India.
It is all part of the process sir. The up's and the down's. I do not think the situation will get as bad as in beyond control anyway. With a rising young generation who are better educated and aware of such social issues and how it effect the nation and thus their future, in long term, the only way for both of us is up and forward.

Didn't the PTI threaten to bottle up Nawaz Sharif in the central administrative bloc at Islamabad? Or some such thing?

As you might notice, my knowledge of Islamabad's geography extends as far as its location on the map.
NAH!
They asked for resignation based on some international publications and all. As it turned out, their demands were legit and once the gov. was forced into the courts, the result we got from there was same as being demanded by PTI.

P.S for PMLN sake, who ever from their party brought that amendment in the law, should be sacked from the party. What the hell they really wanted to do or achieve and that too without any home work. They brought this wrath of Mullahs on themselves and later, when they cannot control the situation, they tried to drag the Army to clean their engineered mess. Namoos-e-Risalut is a very sensitive topic in Pakistan and people are killed over it so touching that law without any homework, is like hitting your own feet with an axe. They not only embarrassed themselves in the end but have given a new life to the extremists.

Above is a complete lie. I told you 99% don't even read what they are signing but believe the word of officials saying no changes made...you expect our MNA lot to read dozens upon dozens of papers instead of relaxing and having a good time on tax payers money:rofl:...

Do you say that the 16 members committee and then the 34 members committee didn't read it? Do you have even a single proof for this except for your conjectures?

Then you say that parliament members don't read it. Fine, but still they should be sent to the prison according to the Mullah Khadim and protesters logic.

When it was told to them that changing of words from "I swear" to "I believe" occurred due to human mistake, then their reply was "If you cross a red signal, then your mistake could not be spared and thus minister should be sent to prison".
Following this logic of the protesters, then again you have to send whole parliament to the jail under charge of Tauheene Risalat.

Laanat on experienced team of c******, if this was what they had to do then it could have been done when SS said to do so, NS should get tuition from AZ.

It is all part of the process sir. The up's and the down's. I do not think the situation will get as bad as in beyond control anyway. With a rising young generation who are better educated and aware of such social issues and how it effect the nation and thus their future, in long term, the only way for both of us is up and forward.

Not for India. The new generation of (educated) Indians are yet to experience hell and will keep falling for the insecure sanghi propaganda.

The good thing is that India will always have enough safe havens for secular thought, unlike Pakistan. That is your curse, but your situation will get better and ours worse for the immediate future. (Couple of decades).

Last edited:
A big question is who killed the innocent civilians during police raid?

I am not aware of any suggested legal proceedings on or by Women March organizers, I believe they have now started a new movement dubbed as March on (to Polls), not too sure though. As you said they were asked to go to courts and provide evidence, if possible (we might be a lil off topic here though) but I will appreciate greatly if you can provide further insight.

The YouTube link you shared isn't of Women March. Although if you watch the video, you will notice the riot police acted after the protests became violent. They subdued the protesters and counter-protesters. The riot police didn't initiate the violence by charging on the protesters. They also didn't block roads/ streets using containers, and they also didn't stop anyone from joining these protests. They reacted once the violence erupted, they didn't instigate violence.

Yes, you are correct, in any civilized western country, cops will not block roads using containers full of sand bags, stop people from joining a peaceful protest, and they definitely will never charge on a peaceful crowd and force them to violence. You are absolutely correct here.

Yes, those women were asked to go to the courts and provide their evidences.
They have all the right for peaceful demonstrations. But once they start blocking the roads and challenging the writ of government, then it is not allowed in any civilized western country.

Just watch how US Police clashed against these protesters and didn't let them to challenge the state writ:

Back
Top Bottom