What's new

Policeman martyred, dozens injured in Islamabad clashes; Army called

Did army refuse to take part?

Yes, it seems so.
In my opinion Army Chief made the government very weak by compelling them to again go for the talks to the Mullahs. This role of Army should not be accepted. Army has to obey the Government without any excuses.

I wish people do dharna also like this against corruption and poverty. Holy Prophet Peace be Upon him will be more happy.

You spoke my heart out. I always say it, even once on PDF to a PDF mullah I said the same. These molvis never come out against corruption, terrorism and unjust.
Story of Karbala is all about standing against unjust but these mullah never practice this preaching of Islam.

Law Minister Zahid Hamid has decided to resign in the wake of the government failing to disperse the Faizabad protesters, who are calling for his ouster over a hastily-abandoned amendment to the election candidates’ oath, Express News reported.

Hamid met Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday where the former said he was ready to resign for the sake of bringing the ongoing crisis to an end.

It was decided at the meeting that the law minister would tender his resignation to the prime minister within the next 24 hours.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1569194/1-law-minister-zahid-hamid-decides-resign/

Yes, it seems so.
In my opinion Army Chief made the government very weak by compelling them to again go for the talks to the Mullahs. This role of Army should not be accepted. Army has to obey the Government without any excuses.

Do you want army to fire at protestors?

If PMLN did in fact orchestrate this whole thing (most likely theory). Then they have dug their own graves. If I had to guess , this was all just a plot to delay the opening of the cases but it fell out of control by yesterday morning. PMLN has in the past couple weeks :

1.Driven away literally all their conservative voters.
2.Tried to show the army who's the boss and in return got a pretty savage backhand.
3. Allowed a proceeding to go on for longer than it should've been, showing that they are a weak democracy.
4. Heavily empowered the mullah brigade and proven to the country that they're ready to be driven and bullied by subhumans.

decided to resign

That he decided yesterday

What else is their incentive, quite honestly. I dont have any knowledge on the pol scene there, but do you really think the next lot coming to power will be any different? Thats their only motivation to come to power.

Things are changing but the process is slow. Young genration is very much politically active now.

If PMLN did in fact orchestrate this whole thing (most likely theory). Then they have dug their own graves. If I had to guess , this was all just a plot to delay the opening of the cases but it fell out of control by yesterday morning. PMLN has in the past couple weeks :

1.Driven away literally all their conservative voters.
2.Tried to show the army who's the boss and in return got a pretty savage backhand.
3. Allowed a proceeding to go on for longer than it should've been, showing that they are a weak democracy.
4. Heavily empowered the mullah brigade and proven to the country that they're ready to be driven and bullied by subhumans.

Why would N do that, make 0 sense politically. Stop believing in conspiracy theories.

Law Minister Zahid Hamid has decided to resign in the wake of the government failing to disperse the Faizabad protesters, who are calling for his ouster over a hastily-abandoned amendment to the election candidates’ oath, Express News reported.

Hamid met Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday where the former said he was ready to resign for the sake of bringing the ongoing crisis to an end.

It was decided at the meeting that the law minister would tender his resignation to the prime minister within the next 24 hours.

It seems Zahid Hamid is not responsible for this whole fiasco, he took dictation from top command. scapegoat

@El Sidd @lastofthepatriots you both carry on your discussion on "whatever" or "Pakistani corner" please.

Ni gaal sun. Kuch ne hon laga. As long as noon league is in power these types of drama shows will continue to happen. You should appreciate the fact that Pakistani tradition has now incorporated having a jalsa every year in the capital. Whether the prostesters are Sunni Muslim, Ahmadi, Shia, ya hijara you should be happy that they stand up to the government. At the end of the day, these same maulvis have been sitting in their madrassas for over 30/40 years. If they are upset now you should try to understand why they are. It's very easy to point fingers along with the populist sentiment, but it takes true character to avoid mass hysteria and to look at why they are so upset.

The law minister of a country allegedly 220 million strong is so incompetent that he seems oblivious to core national security issues?

The world is by now pointing to your azz milking the terrorism and extremism cow.

How stupid do politicians think people are?

This is insulting to say the very least.

And the political point scoring over sentiments of millions.

This is not what is meant by politics. If it is understood like this to Pakistan ka Allah hi hafiz hai yaqeenan.

That he decided yesterday
It says resignation will be submitted in 24 hours and there will be some negotiations with the protestors before accepting the resignation as well. Plus today was a meeting between COAS ans PM the out come is yet to known. I think PML-N was waiting for Army to intervein and then decided on resignation but Army has refused cause this will hurt Army's image and was a PML-N mess the resignation will be there for sure in 24 hours this story is publishe 2 hours ago.

Ni gaal sun. Kuch ne hon laga. As long as noon league is in power these types of drama shows will continue to happen. You should appreciate the fact that Pakistani tradition has now incorporated having a jalsa every year in the capital. Whether the prostesters are Sunni Muslim, Ahmadi, Shia, ya hijara you should be happy that they stand up to the government. At the end of the day, these same maulvis have been sitting in their madrassas for over 30/40 years. If they are upset now you should try to understand why they are. It's very easy to point fingers along with the populist sentiment, but it takes true character to avoid mass hysteria and to look at why they are so upset.

Words

It says resignation will be submitted in 24 hours and there will be some negotiations with the protestors before accepting the resignation as well. Plus today was a meeting between COAS ans PM the out come is yet to known. I think PML-N was waiting for Army to intervein and then decided on resignation but Army has refused cause this will hurt Army's image and was a PML-N mess the resignation will be there for sure in 24 hours this story is publishe 2 hours ago.

Well let see

The law minister of a country allegedly 220 million strong is so incompetent that he seems oblivious to core national security issues?

The world is by now pointing to your azz milking the terrorism and extremism cow.

How stupid do politicians think people are?

This is insulting to say the very least.

And the political point scoring over sentiments of millions.

This is not what is meant by politics. If it is understood like this to Pakistan ka Allah hi hafiz hai yaqeenan.

2 things to add:
1 COAS and PM were going to Saudia and they both canceled the trip
2 Zahid Hamid was previously threatening to spill the beans but decided to resign after an attack on his house.

Do you want army to fire at protestors?

I want Army to obey the Government of Pakistan and the prime minister, without telling them to go to the Mullahs and negotiate with them once again.

Firing is not needed.

But if the protesters attack the security forces, then even firing is ok as they are then no more protesters but Fassadi.

It seems Zahid Hamid is not responsible for this whole fiasco, he took dictation from top command. scapegoat
Obviously it was Nawaz Sharif who asked for the amendment in Law but I don't know why he did that cause it will be a political suicide as this group blocking the capital is Bravelies and they are his biggest voter they make the most population of the country.

Back
Top Bottom