What's new

PN to acquire twin engine jet aircraft - Tender

airomerix

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pakistan Navy floated a tender to acquire 01 x Twin engine jet aircraft with the following specifications.

pn-jan21b.jpg

Pakistan Navy floated a tender to acquire 01 x Twin engine jet aircraft with the following specifications.

View attachment 602526
This is a narrow MTOW range. I can only find the Embraer E-190E2 (124,000 lb) and E-195E2 (135,000 lb).

...and because I want this thread to spiral into 427 pages of hopes, wishes and frustration, I'll share this:

Embraer Defense & Security's commercial senior vice president, Fernando Ribeiro de Queiroz, said the company will develop a maritime patrol version of the 190-E2, the latest version of its successful commercial "E" jet family, if required by the customer...

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2...ealand-rfi-for-airlift-surveillance-aircraft/

Last edited:
This is a narrow MTOW range. I can only find the Embraer E-190E2 (124,000 lb) and E-195E2 (135,000 lb).

...and because I want this thread to spiral into 427 pages of hopes, wishes and frustration, I want to share this quote right here:

Embraer Defense & Security's commercial senior vice president, Fernando Ribeiro de Queiroz, said the company will develop a maritime patrol version of the 190-E2, the latest version of its successful commercial "E" jet family, if required by the customer...

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2...ealand-rfi-for-airlift-surveillance-aircraft/
In which role PN will modify this aircraft and why only 1 ???

...and because I want this thread to spiral into 427 pages of hopes, wishes and frustration, I want to share this quote right here:

Boeing 737-200
Airbus A220-100

...and because I want this thread to spiral into 427 pages of hopes, wishes and frustration, I'll share this:

In which role PN will modify this aircraft and why only 1 ???

This can very well be for VIP transport. I have seldom seen a singular fleet in a maritime attack role.

View attachment 602526
MTOW and range figures indicates business jet class then the possible options could be
- Bombardier Global-7500 [click]
- Embraer Lineage 1000 [click]

This can very well be for VIP transport. I have seldom seen a singular fleet in a maritime attack role.
Same happen with ATRs as well PN issued tender for one ATR at a time in past

Too large for a VIP jet. Could be a pilot purchase with follow up plans, we've bought helicopters in orders of two.

I think recent Pak Military trend for specialized aircraft has been to buy aircraft and then have them customized from another party.

View attachment 602526

Hopefully will find out more once the tender ends.

Why are they creating a logistic nightmare by inducting aircrafts of different types. If Aim is to convert it to another MPA then just go for another ATR considering there are plenty used and new options available in market.

Why are they creating a logistic nightmare by inducting aircrafts of different types. If Aim is to convert it to another MPA then just go for another ATR considering there are plenty used and new options available in market.
If u r talking about the ATR aircrafts that Pak is already operating in the MPA role...those are propeller driven. There was some recent news of PN looking for turbofan(like the P8) types of aircraft in the MPA role. I'm not sure if this is the first step towards that...it very well could be.

Back
Top Bottom