What's new

PN Contracts to buy LUNA UAV for its Maritime Shore Surveillance

Good for maritime security especially against pirates which is a common problem.

Can someone provide some insight, if India has picked Typhoon, could it affect possible sale of UAV from Germany, Italy to Pakistan.

Also, can India stop this deal with Germany through diplomatic measures considering recent dialogue with them.

Coz we will surely want to stop this deal.

P.S. Sorry for asking in context of India, thought it matter to us a lot.

Good for maritime security especially against pirates which is a common problem.

Can someone provide some insight, if India has picked Typhoon, could it affect possible sale of UAV from Germany, Italy to Pakistan.

Also, can India stop this deal with Germany through diplomatic measures considering recent dialogue with them.

Indian launched a protest when G3 rifle manufacturing licence was sold to Pakistan and even on some small arms ammunation matters.......Its quite usual for Indian Govt to 'Protest' on anything we buy/acquire.

again buying an 'embargo prone' defence system..
When will we learn?

PLease do it..no sarcasm intended..
It will be good for pakistan to block any embargo prone western weapon system and rely on local/chinese/russian systems.

When will we learn?

It will be good for pakistan to block any embargo prone western weapon system and rely on local/chinese/russian systems.

u sure bout russian????

When will we learn?

Turkey is also an option but being close to US may make things difficult. I thought Pakistan had more mature UAV program and was ready to induct Uqaab UCAV.....any info on that?

Turkey is also an option but being close to US may make things difficult. I thought Pakistan had more mature UAV program and was ready to induct Uqaab UCAV.....any info on that?

in fact pakistan homemade UAVs are not less .

Tactical%20Range%20UAV%20-%20Jasoos%20II.jpg

border eagle
15.jpg

Pakistan+Navy+Inducts+Indigenous+UQAB-II+UAVs+Uqaab+Tactical+Unmanned+Aerial+Vehicle+%2528UAV%2529.jpg

huma-1
IMGP08411.JPG

uqab
610xb9fb82da8.jpg

IMGP08361.JPG

and many more why they are going germany i am failed to understand

mediumrangeuavflamingo3kf8.jpg

IMGP07951.JPG

system already we have in service sir you failed last time to stop in 2005 we got it for army now try it to stop for navy . lolz

pakistan army launch LUNA in exercises azm e nau 2010

look from 0:58

Last edited by a moderator:

Its not Uqaab rather its Burraq UCAV, Uqaab is another UAV but not a UCAV, Burraq is stated to be revealed somewhere around the end of 2012, though no official confirmation but it is understandable as most of the projects related to Pakistan are only revealed once they are operational. It would be armed with a NESCOM developed laser guided missile . Rumors are that it can carry a payload of around 200kg

While Burraq has no link to luna acquisition as luna is a much lighter and smaller uav for naval surveillance purpose that can easily operate from even smaller ships due its light weight and size on the other hand Burraq UCAV will be much heavier and bigger in size , it is for the purpose of surveillance as well as attack

On the other hand there are many UAVs that are currently produced by local companies including private companies which are also being exported to various countries including united states

no i am not sure..But still a better option than buying a western weapon system.

I think its equally as prone to embargo as the western equipment, recently russia also had concerns over the possible competition of mig-29 and jf-17 later with same capabilities but cheaper price so they wanted to halt the engine supply but the russian govt had other way to go .though there have been some problems now in engine deal, but according to some credible people russia wants to go a head with the deal but this time China and Pakistan are not willing to go for it and that might be the reason in delays , though just through some credible people but still i am not too sure to what extent the info is correct . Also will the stance be reversed if russia offers a better engine like RD-93 MA is yet to be seen .

For me the RD-93 engine sales to Pakistan was more of an ease due to China's involvement as China was the one negotiating with russia, the kind of relationship Russia has with China has influenced the deal a lot otherwise it may would have been a very different scenario .

We have not been a major customers of russia apart from some mi-17s other than that it is still hard to predict what the russian behavior would be towards Pakistan but my guess would be nothing much different than the west

Source of this information is myself! And since you are a newbie to this forum, please do not ask this kind of question from me again!

Please post the source of this info - thanks

I always think that it's better to invest in R&D in the country instead of giving all those seriously useful funds to foreign companies! US$ 5.5 Million would have been so good for local companies.

Back
Top Bottom