What's new

PML-N rejects ECP decision of Hasan Askari as Punjab Caretaker CM

the recent Shia domination in Sindh goes back to Mughal times when they appointed some Shia Kolhora dude as governor of Sindh. This dynasty was followed by another Shia family of Talpurs who were eventually defeated by British in 1843 i think.You can thank to Mughals for allowing shias to dominate Sindh politics. Our biggest weakness is our tolerance. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat it.

Obviously it's worse. Assad could not have survived without Hezbollah and Iranian support.And to a larger extent we sunnis are ourselves to blame for the current plight of Syrians.Had the ISIL focused solely on Assad and not on murdering Yazidis and other minorities ,Syria would have been free from Assad.But no they had to poke their finger in western countries too i.e massacres in Paris and Brussels which effectively turned the entire western military might against ISIL. and now thanks to their stupidity they have thrown a new life line to Assad.Now this khanzeer can kill any Sunni in Syria in the name of fighting ISIL. However , Alawaites are the only minority regime in Muslim world apart from tiny Bahrain.The era of minority regimes subduing majorities is over. He has just bought off some time . May be a decade at best . With the reformation in Saudia we Sunnis have a chance to show our western allies that we are not fanatics and that we can be liberal . We have to ensure the support of our powerful western allies especially America. Shias don't stand a chance against us if Sunnis are united and have a good image in the west. We are 90 % of the Muslim world buddy.This shows that we Sunnis historically were rulers. Shia ruled for 2 centuries In Egypt but then again we defeated them and reconquered it.We Sunnis were so good at maintaining our rule in Muslim world that we lost Iran to Shia only in 15th century before that it was sunni majority country although a significant shia minority was always there .BUT,BUT with the defeat in Syria our Sunni ancestors must be turning in graves.It is such a shame that we are taking a beat from 10 % minority sect. It's time to get our shit together.
P.S The purpose of my long khutba is that we should take lesson from our ancestors who were very good at politics.
The Syrian Army is majority Sunni!

ISIL were all about causing mayhem and not liberating Sunnis. They did what they were funded to do by NATO and her client state KSA. The only thing is they could not topple an anti Zionist Assad in Syria due to Russia and Iran.

It was not wise nor strategic for this to have happened. Sincere Sunni Syrians were misguided in joining this venture with the ISIL type people. Now the Western World and the Shia World can have unlimited propaganda victory in equating Ahl Sunnah wa Al Jammah with ISIS crazies.... which was also part of the plan...

And Pakistan needs to get her own house in order first and foremost.

Also I have spoken to a Pakistani Alawite (at least that is what he claimed) and he did not consider Alawites to be Shia but a separate sect. Although I concede they are closer to Shia than to Sunni if that is the case...

Like you said.It's your own opinion.I see them defenders of Sunnis against Shia onslaught.

Not true at all .Nothing beats the loss of East Pakistan which is solely work of Shia Bhutto and Shia Yahya Khan.Because they knew that if overwhelming Sunni East Pakistan remained with us.Never in a million years would shia bhutto get a chance to become PM.

He was not even a bit religious and neither a hard core Athana Ashari Shia.He was born in an Ismaili family and later on converted to twelverism due to some personal issue. And you should be thankful that vast majority of Muslims supported him despite being an ismaili . Let me know when you shias show this kind of support to a Sunni leader in Pakistan.

You seems to be from America let me tell you some statistics about america and then we will see how much tolerance you people enjoy by majority community in Pakistan. Catholicism which is the largest Christian sect worldwide also has presence in United States where they make up roughly 22 % of total United States' population.And surprise surprise there has been just one catholic president in the history of United States.JFK was his name and he was assassinated. He did even complete his 4 years term. Now I don't need to remind you how many shias Prime Ministers we had in Pakistan.
Brother, the Wahabi Kingdom has done more damage to Muslims and in particular to Ahl Sunnah wa Al Jammah than any Shia state in history has!!
At least the Shia do not pretend to be Ahl Sunnah wa Al Jammah...

For God Sake, how much more polarization do we want in our society. He is sunni, he is shia, he is this and he is that. Can we just behave like sane nation atleast for once??
The damage that sunni majority have done to this country is centuries more than any other, yet sunnis majority is always worried about minority people damaging the country.
For once set the merit on ability and stop selling the religious certificates
You know as a proportion I would say the minority Shia has disproportionately damaged Pakistan...

Not true at all .Nothing beats the loss of East Pakistan which is solely work of Shia Bhutto and Shia Yahya Khan.Because they knew that if overwhelming Sunni East Pakistan remained with us.Never in a million years would shia bhutto get a chance to become PM..
Its all about perception. On one hand Pakistan was made by a shia with the help of other minorities like Ahmadis. Many sunni clerics were against the very idea of Pakistan. Also, its sad the country which was based on idea of protecting rights of minority muslims against majority hindus have gone 180 degree against its own founding principal.
Mere loss of land is sad but cant be compared with what else has been done with this country including destroying social fabric, economy, complete absence of justice, moral degradation. Sunnis who ruled this country for more than 80% of time have literally sucked complete life out of our motherland. 70+ years and we are worried if we are going to survive. We tell ourself that we will inshAllah but reality haunts us.
If we prefered merit over the religious affiliation we would have been in far better situation

The Syrian Army is majority Sunni!
Does not mean anything.They are poor people they will do anything for salary.Even Saddam had shia majority army but they could not do anything when he ordered them to fight Shia Iran.

Does not mean anything.They are poor people they will do anything for salary.Even Saddam had shia majority army but they could not do anything when he ordered them to fight Shia Iran.

It means that many Sunni Syrians prefer Assad to ISIL or whatever NATO/KSA wanted in Syria. I do not blame them.

I know personally a few Sunni Syrians who prefer Assad over whatever NATO/KSA wanted...

I also wish for the majority to have its fair share, however it was not a wise way of going about it...now the country is in a worse position than before the war...

On one hand Pakistan was made by a shia
Again It shows how liberal the Muslims of India were back then.Vast majority supported him despite him being a Shia apart from some ulema who had their own point of view.But majority supported Jinnah and did not care about his sect.Majority SHIAS would never have supported a Sunni leader at the top.

Mere loss of land is sad but cant be compared with what else has been done
Wow Just amazing how you glossed over the loss of half of our country by Shia leaders.

If we prefered merit over the religious affiliation we would have been in far better situation
Tell that to your Punjabi Shia brethren who would rather vote for Zardari than to a sunni leader.

Last edited:
Again It shows hos liberal the Muslims of India were back than.Vast majority supported him despite being a Shia apart from some ulema who had their own point of view.But majority supported Jinnah and did not care about his sect.Majority would never have supported a Sunni leader at the top.

Wow Just amazing how you glossed over the loss of half of our country by Shia leaders.
You know I also wonder if Quaid E Azaam was Sunni, how many Shia Muslims in British India would have supported him...?

Many sunni clerics were against the very idea of Pakistan.
You can count them on fingers. You also forgot to mention the name of some Shia Ulema of Lucknow who were against Muslim League. read the book The Shias of Pakistan by Andreas Rieck. He has given complete detail.He also mentions that in fact it was a shia mullah Mazhar Ali Azhar who for the first time coined the insult "Kafir-i-Azam. And stop your propaganda that MANY sunni clerics were against it ?If that was the case Pakistan would not have been created in the first place without the support of majority Muslim.You people were minuscule minority back then.

Its all about perception. On one hand Pakistan was made by a shia with the help of other minorities like Ahmadis. Many sunni clerics were against the very idea of Pakistan. Also, its sad the country which was based on idea of protecting rights of minority muslims against majority hindus have gone 180 degree against its own founding principal.
Mere loss of land is sad but cant be compared with what else has been done with this country including destroying social fabric, economy, complete absence of justice, moral degradation. Sunnis who ruled this country for more than 80% of time have literally sucked complete life out of our motherland. 70+ years and we are worried if we are going to survive. We tell ourself that we will inshAllah but reality haunts us.
It was a government led by a Shia who presided over the debate on the Qadiani issue. Not a Sunni.
Also if you have forgotten, our Shia brothers were equally in favour of that amendment as were the Sunni...

Last edited:
You know I also wonder if Quaid E Azaam was Sunni, how many Shia Muslims in British India would have supported him...?
Absolutely !! yeh log hum par ehsan jetatay hain. Inko thankful hona chaiye sunnis ka,ky sectarian difference ko ignore krty hue hum ne Jinnah ko vote dia.

You can count them on fingers. You also forgot to mention the name of some Shia Ulema of Lucknow who were against Muslim League. read the book The Shias of Pakistan by Andreas Rieck. He has given complete detail.He also mentions that in fact it was a shia mullah Mazhar Ali Azhar who for the first time coined the insult "Kafir-i-Azam. And stop your propaganda that MANY sunni clerics were against it ?If that was the case Pakistan would not have been created in the first place without the support of majority Muslim.You people were minuscule minority back then.
I did not know about this. Thanks.

80%. Do you include military rule in this or just civilian?

Of the Prime Minsters/Presidents, Pakistan has had quite a few from the minority Shia sect.
Of the COAS I think only two were Shia.

Also do not forget the role of Allama Iqbal in Pakistan's creation.

@Rusty
Sectarianism is already there in Pakistan.It will increase further in future unless govt takes steps to address the grievances of majority sect.
See the chart
gsi-ch5-4.png
I read that article about the Pakistani diplomat refusing to vote. What was his name and why did he refuse? These were not mentioned in the article.
Thanks

80%. Do you include military rule in this or just civilian?

Of the Prime Minsters/Presidents, Pakistan has had quite a few from the minority Shia sect.
Iskander Mirza was also a Shia. I. I. Chundrigar was shia too. I'm not sure about Muhammad Ali bogra.Some say he was also a shia. There were quite a few Shia Prime minsters from East Pakistan. Legacy of Shia Siraj ud daula dynasty in Bengal. Mughals in the 17th century appointed him governor of Bengal and murshidabad. Later on with decline of Mughls he declared himself independent.in the early days of Pakistan these peopell were heavly represented in government.Ayub Khan replaced them but then he also brought another shia bhutto.We should be thankful of Zia for getting rid of Bhutto.This bhutto guy has the ability to completely marginalize Sunnis.

I read that article about the Pakistani diplomat refusing to vote. What was his name and why did he refuse? These were not mentioned in the article.
Come on bro , who else would have a trouble to vote against Syrian govt ? If this diplomat was Sunni why would Fazlur Rehman raise the issue in parliament ?

Sorry a little correction.It was shia Iskander mirza who introduced his momin brother Bhutto to Ayub Khan.

Who is the second one besides Yahya Khan ?

Iskander Mirza was also a Shia. I. I. Chundrigar was shia too. I'm not sure about Muhammad Ali bogra.Some say he was also a shia. There were quite a few Shia Prime minsters from East Pakistan. Legacy of Shia Siraj ud daula dynasty in Bengal. Mughals in the 17th century appointed him governor of Bengal and murshidabad. Later on with decline of Mughls he declared himself independent.in the early days of Pakistan these peopell were heavly represented in government.Ayub Khan replaced them but then he also brought another shia bhutto.We should be thankful of Zia for getting rid of Bhutto.This bhutto guy has the ability to completely marginalize Sunnis.

Come on bro , who else would have a trouble to vote against Syrian govt ? If this diplomat was Sunni why would Fazlur Rehman raise the issue in parliament ?

Sorry a little correction.It was shia Iskander mirza who introduced his momin brother Bhutto to Ayub Khan.

Muhammad Musa Khan Hazara although he was Commander in Chief and not COAS.

Also Mushaf Ali Mir was a Shia who was head of the air force.

But what is his name? The diplomat and also when he was questioned what did he say? Are there any reports on this?

But what is his name? The diplomat and also when he was questioned what did he say? Are there any reports on this?
Khawja Asif told in parliament that this diplomat would be impeached but I have never heard any thing since then.Regarding his name I tried google but unfortunately could not find.If the name is some rizv/jafiri/naqvi it would make things clear.You can do a research on you own and let me know whatever you find.

But what is his name?
Kuch to hoga jo itni parda dari ho rahi hai.

Following is the staement of Falzur Rehman in parliament. As you can see he is clearly talking about Shia lobby.Even in parliament people have started to question this lobby.Give it a decade or so and you will see our politicians openly questioning this shia lobby.

Fazl asked why Pakistan remained absent during voting and who was representing the country there. “The parliament wants to conduct impeachment of the envoy responsible for it. The foreign minister must take notice of it,” he said.

He said when Saudi Arabia had requested for deployment of the Pakistani Army on its soil a section in the country raise a hue and cry over it but the same people were silent over the Syria killings.

Khawja Asif told in parliament that this diplomat would be impeached but I have never heard any thing since then.Regarding his name I tried google but unfortunately could not find.If the name is some rizv/jafiri/naqvi it would make things clear.You can do a research on you own and let me know whatever you find.

Kuch to hoga jo itni parda dari ho rahi hai.

Following is the staement of Falzur Rehman in parliament. As you can see he is clearly talking about Shia lobby.Even in parliament people have started to question this lobby.Give it a decade or so and you will see our politicians openly questioning this shia lobby.

Fazl asked why Pakistan remained absent during voting and who was representing the country there. “The parliament wants to conduct impeachment of the envoy responsible for it. The foreign minister must take notice of it,” he said.

He said when Saudi Arabia had requested for deployment of the Pakistani Army on its soil a section in the country raise a hue and cry over it but the same people were silent over the Syria killings.
I could not find anything.

Back
Top Bottom