What's new

PM to open 17 projects in Cox’s Bazar on Saturday

Bilal9

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will open the movement of 737-800 Boeing Jet aircraft on the expanded runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport in the morning

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to visit Cox’s Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation of 17 development projects.

The schemes include the much-awaited

1. Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive,
  2. Cox’s Bazar Medical College,
  3. Cox’s Bazar Medical College Hospital;
  4. Movement of 737-800 Boeing Jet aircraft on the expanded runway at the Cox’s Bazar International Airport,
  5. Cox’s Bazar IT Park,
  6. Naf Tourism Project, and
  7. Two floating LNG terminals at Moheshkhali.
The prime minister will also address a public meeting at Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in the afternoon, reports BSS.

Prime Minister’s Office sources she will open the movement of 737-800 Boeing aircraft on the expanded runway of Cox’s Bazar International Airport in the morning.

Later, Hasina will go to Inani area, where she will inaugurate the Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive.

Bangladesh Army under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive.

In the afternoon, the premier will inaugurate six development projects by unveiling their plaques from Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium.

The schemes are Cox’s Bazar Medical College, 100-seat female dormitory of Cox’s Bazar Government Girls College, Academic Building cum-Examination Hall of Cox’s Bazar Government College, 100-seat Girls Hostel of Cox’s Bazar Government College, two-storey academic building of Bangamata Fazilatun Nesa Mujib College, Ukhia and Moheshkhali Anowara Gas Transmission Line.

From the same venue, Prime Minister Hasina will lay the foundation stone of 595-meter PC box-girder bridge at Khuruschool Ghat on the Bakkhali river under Cox’s Bazar Sadar upazila, Cox’s Bazar Medical College Hospital, Cox’s Bazar IT Park, Moheshkhali Floating LNG Terminal of Energy Bangladesh Ltd at Exilat, the second floating LNG Terminal of Summit LNG Terminal Company at Moheshkhali, installation of Single Point Mooring (SPM) Project in Moheshkhali, the Naf Tourism Project, academic building of Kutubdia College and office building of Cox’s Bazar Development Authority.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will open the movement of 737-800 Boeing Jet aircraft on the expanded runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport in the morning

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to visit Cox’s Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation of 17 development projects.

The schemes include the much-awaited

1. Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive,
  2. Cox’s Bazar Medical College,
  3. Cox’s Bazar Medical College Hospital;
  4. Movement of 737-800 Boeing Jet aircraft on the expanded runway at the Cox’s Bazar International Airport,
  5. Cox’s Bazar IT Park,
  6. Naf Tourism Project, and
  7. Two floating LNG terminals at Moheshkhali.
The prime minister will also address a public meeting at Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium in the afternoon, reports BSS.

Prime Minister’s Office sources she will open the movement of 737-800 Boeing aircraft on the expanded runway of Cox’s Bazar International Airport in the morning.

Later, Hasina will go to Inani area, where she will inaugurate the Cox’s Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive.

Bangladesh Army under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive.

In the afternoon, the premier will inaugurate six development projects by unveiling their plaques from Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium.

The schemes are Cox’s Bazar Medical College, 100-seat female dormitory of Cox’s Bazar Government Girls College, Academic Building cum-Examination Hall of Cox’s Bazar Government College, 100-seat Girls Hostel of Cox’s Bazar Government College, two-storey academic building of Bangamata Fazilatun Nesa Mujib College, Ukhia and Moheshkhali Anowara Gas Transmission Line.

From the same venue, Prime Minister Hasina will lay the foundation stone of 595-meter PC box-girder bridge at Khuruschool Ghat on the Bakkhali river under Cox’s Bazar Sadar upazila, Cox’s Bazar Medical College Hospital, Cox’s Bazar IT Park, Moheshkhali Floating LNG Terminal of Energy Bangladesh Ltd at Exilat, the second floating LNG Terminal of Summit LNG Terminal Company at Moheshkhali, installation of Single Point Mooring (SPM) Project in Moheshkhali, the Naf Tourism Project, academic building of Kutubdia College and office building of Cox’s Bazar Development Authority.
Isn't there a Coxsbazar medical college already? Many of my friends were trying to get into a MC after HSC and I'm sure I heard about it from them...

Isn't there a Coxsbazar medical college already? Many of my friends were trying to get into a MC after HSC and I'm sure I heard about it from them...

Apparently this is a new one. Don't quote me though.....not so sure.....:-)

Perhaps academic activities startrd earlier than formal inauguration by PM.It happens a lot of time.

I find most attractive is the inauguation of 80 km Coxsbazar-Teknaf marine drive.This is a very welcome development.:smitten:

Cox-Teknaf new marine drive road. Man this looks freakin AWESOME. Gotta take a quick break and visit there

wHsAoTI.jpg

0b7XSDX.jpg

58wZtje.jpg

DXgmkR9.jpg

Cox's Bazar Medical college has been around since 2008-09, but it hasn't had a permanent campus until now.

Students moved into the new campus a few months ago - the PM will formally inaugurate it tomorrow.

They'll get started on the hospital portion of the construction this year.

15219550_1266759326679210_1558161406634886621_n.jpg

Kids are going to go crazy to go study there - 5 years on the beach :lol:

a view from Marine Drive - this was a couple of months ago...they still hadn't sorted the lane markings etc etc...but the view - bloody hell.

It was a good drive - but wasn't really able to push the car or myself...too many vehicles moving at different speeds.

Vysx4V7.jpg

Cox's Bazar Medical college has been around since 2008-09, but it hasn't had a permanent campus until now.

Students moved into the new campus a few months ago - the PM will formally inaugurate it tomorrow.

They'll get started on the hospital portion of the construction this year.

15219550_1266759326679210_1558161406634886621_n.jpg

Kids are going to go crazy to go study there - 5 years on the beach :lol:

a view from Marine Drive - this was a couple of months ago...they still hadn't sorted the lane markings etc etc...but the view - bloody hell.

It was a good drive - but wasn't really able to push the car or myself...too many vehicles moving at different speeds.

Vysx4V7.jpg
আশা করি রডের বদলে বাশ দেওয়া হয় নাই। :D

Completing marine drive had another urgency, Sajeeb Wajed Joy made some deal (with hefty commission offcourse) with some curtail to give Tefnaf exclusive tourism zone for development. And condition from that curtail was develop marine drive and develop Cox's bazar airport for wide body aircraft. By the way, Chinese loan (granted in 2012) was not used in Cox's Bazar airport. Original plan was to make this airport an international one and an airforce base. But india asked awami league not to pursue the project. That is way just runway upgraded. Terminal is piece of junk would not able to handle a 737 passengers.

Been there couple months ago, drove entire stretch of marine drive and circled entire district . Road construction was completed by army for couple months. Quality was not that good (good start though) but just for opening they put new quote of paint and markings.
Army also got contract for repairing and widening the N1 highway stretch to Gongdum point (and to Teknaf) which has future connection point to Myanmar.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom