What's new

PM to inaugurate 2 660MW coal power plants tomorrow

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will inaugurate two 660-megawatt coal-based power plants at Port Qasim on Tuesday.
According to officials of ministry of water and power, the MoU of this project was signed among M/s Qinvest Company, Doha, Qatar, M/s Power Construction Corporation of China (Power China), M/s SEPCO-III Electric Power Construction Corporation, government of Punjab, and Private Power & Infrastructure Board (PPIB) on 29th August 2013. According to the MoU, the companies will also build eight 660MW plants in phase-II at Gadani, Balochistan.
For the existing project, joint venture of Sinohydro Resources Limited, China, and M/s Al Mirqab Capital, Qatar, will undertake development of two 660MW each coal based power projects at Port Qasim, Karachi.
According to officials, Port Qasim Power Plant will have the state-of-the-art technology that would produce coal-based electricity with minimum environmental impacts and maximum efficiency. Officials claim that due to use of coal as fuel electricity production costs would be lower as compared to furnace oil-based plants. In addition, they hope the project will provide employment opportunities to local people, thereby adding to the overall economic development of the country.

PM to inaugurate 2 660MW coal power plants tomorrow

when will it be functional? hope asap

Congrats to the Government, hope Inauguration means they will be start functioning within days

Good news!! Hopefully they are up and functional in a matter of months or max 1 yr!

Good news;

hope the project is completed on time and delays are slapped with penalties :pakistan:

and I also hope that the electricity generated is evenly distributed amongst all people :)

According to officials of ministry of water and power, the MoU of this project was signed among M/s Qinvest Company, Doha, Qatar, M/s Power Construction Corporation of China (Power China), M/s SEPCO-III Electric Power Construction Corporation, government of Punjab, and Private Power & Infrastructure Board (PPIB) on 29th August 2013. According to the MoU, the companies will also build eight 660MW plants in phase-II at Gadani, Balochistan.

I already smell corruption here. Some % from the Chinese and what is Punjab government doing in Port Qasim?

Is it another pup company of Nawaz pimp?

It will be functional in next PTI government

No chance of finish in next 7 years

PMLN power relies on resolving energy crisis. If they fail to do that, they will not win elections in future. To PMLN, resolving energy crisis is like a survival race

It will be functional in next PTI government

No chance of finish in next 7 years
Meri jaan, PTI had a chance to form a government in next election if Imran had decided to become a CM of KPK himself and did something for the province, but he refused to come out of his bani galas house and decided to cry and created a havoc and blindly accuse everyone and everything in his sight of rigging. He has absolutely no chance. Stop with your wishful thinking :)

Last edited:
When i looked at the thread title for a moment i thought it was 2600 MW. Is the project complete i mean tomorrow it will become operational or will the work commence from tomorrow @cb4

When i looked at the thread title for a moment i thought it was 2600 MW. Is the project complete i mean tomorrow it will become operational or will the work commence from tomorrow @cb4
The seem to have laid the foundation stone.

The work will be completed between 2-3 years as per the news. They are not even sure about the exact time scale that means...

Back
Top Bottom