What's new

PM says discovery of huge reserves of iron ore could end 'begging bowl' culture!

Army's INTERESTS are clearly NOT Pakistan's interests.
Right now, Raheel Sharif's actions are contrary to your words. Actions speak louder than words mate.
It was PakistanArmy that was responsible for the liberation of Bangladesh.
The military leadership and political situation 40 years ago was very different from nowadays and very complex. It was, again, the politicians that pushed the military into a hard position by all their drama in the elections. Either way, it is not applicable today.
Name me one country that has a corporate Army in business? Even Israeli and US army doesn't come close to this!
One country? I can name a few dozen. All countries' militaries have corruption. Comparatively, the Pakistan Army is very disciplined and better off. In Pakistan's case its the massive political corruption that affects the military and is frequently (incorrectly) lumped together.

As for the US, many Americans disagree with you. Is the U.S. Army corrupt? | Debate.org

They do come close, actually. Very close, if not surpassing the situation in Pakistan. The military–industrial–congressional complex has 'military' in it for a reason.

A prime minister should not talk like that.How come Nawaz Sharif talking like a Bangladeshi politician?

ok for one second let agree with you , you shoot the drone , than what ?? you become next super power ??
who will give you spare Parts for F-16's ? what about Civil Aid ? what about all other Military Equipment ?
Russia is producing their own Military stuff, they are big , they are friends with India another economic Giant ... you have only China on your side , no one else ...
Please dont ever for a second think that you can fight with US , and Nato ... they can bully you in past and can do in future as well , first try to make your military big enough to take any stand , than make your economy big like India , and other countries , than this kind of " Dhamkiyan " to US will suite better ...
Parts for F-16 can be purchased from other countries like Jordan. Americans can shove their 'Civil Aid' high up their backside, we lost a lot more fighting their wars than we gained from their aid.

Is Iran a giant? How does it manage? China and Russia have co-operation with Pakistan, we don't need to lick US feet. Shoot down their drones, they can't do anything about it. What will they do, sanction Pakistan? They're already suffering from sanctions in their Russia-Ukraine BS, and Pakistan survived the previous set of sanctions easily.

Besides, public opinion will be against them as a good amount already is against drone strikes and if they up the ante, even the 'international community' will not be able to deny that it's bullying. It'll open up very many fronts for Anti-US countries, ultimately to Pakistan's advantage.

But why are we even going that far? I never said ''isolate Pakistan and declare war on the US'' and I never said ''fight with US and NATO''. I said be firm in some things, co operate in others, be allied but don't be slaves.

Drones are currently helpful for anti-Taliban efforts, so that's probably why the Army isn't raising more protest about it. Raheel Sharif would have done so if he felt he should have. Apparently, he didn't feel he should say anything about it. Otherwise he's playing it very smart, opening co-operation channels with Russia as an alternative to US, taking full advantage of the strained Russia-US situation. Let him handle it.

But yes, you are right that economic development is needed and should be prioritized above such actions. Pakistan's geopolitical disadvantage is mainly because of the weak economy. A strong economy will make Pakistan a lot less dependent and will open a lot of paths for geopolitics.

Parts for F-16 can be purchased from other countries like Jordan. Americans can shove their 'Civil Aid' high up their backside, we lost a lot more fighting their wars than we gained from their aid.

Is Iran a giant? How does it manage? China and Russia have co-operation with Pakistan, we don't need to lick US feet. Shoot down their drones, they can't do anything about it. What will they do, sanction Pakistan? They're already suffering from sanctions in their Russia-Ukraine BS, and Pakistan survived the previous set of sanctions easily.

Besides, public opinion will be against them as a good amount already is against drone strikes and if they up the ante, even the 'international community' will not be able to deny that it's bullying. It'll open up very many fronts for Anti-US countries, ultimately to Pakistan's advantage.

But why are we even going that far? I never said ''isolate Pakistan and declare war on the US'' and I never said ''fight with US and NATO''. I said be firm in some things, co operate in others, be allied but don't be slaves.

Drones are currently helpful for anti-Taliban efforts, so that's probably why the Army isn't raising more protest about it. Raheel Sharif would have done so if he felt he should have. Apparently, he didn't feel he should say anything about it. Otherwise he's playing it very smart, opening co-operation channels with Russia as an alternative to US, taking full advantage of the strained Russia-US situation. Let him handle it.

But yes, you are right that economic development is needed and should be prioritized above such actions. Pakistan's geopolitical disadvantage is mainly because of the weak economy. A strong economy will make Pakistan a lot less dependent and will open a lot of paths for geopolitics.

Lets Agree to Disagree ..

The very fact that PM is PERSONALLY present at the ceremony hints me that he has HUGE personal benefit from today's discovery! :D

Low on IQ-levels? :D
Just an other lollipop for the nation. Feel good stories and nothing for the poor ppl of Pakistan. This crap shouldn't be on PDFS at the first place.

Great news. But I'm go by to observe what happens here.

Iron ore wont make you rich....China will buy it at throw away prices and sale you the finished product at higher prices...unless, you dont have the local manufacturing industry that will consume locally sourced iron ore, finding huge reserve of minerals wont stay you away from your begging bowl!

India too has huge Iron Ore reserves, but that didn't make us rich!

:D I am always shocked and always waiting to see your shity comments here. This chiniot reserve doesn't only contain iron ore but also copper,gold and silver. Initially it has been estimated that it worth is $800 billion, I read yesterday. It is just estimated because it worth more then that. Now can't $800 billion make Pakistan a rich country if utilized properly? Pakistan external debt is about $65 billion we can be removed that by utilizing $800 billion. Pakistan can spend a lot on it's infrastructure etc. There is a big difference in India and Pakistan because of it's population. Your population is six times bigger then us so if we spend 1$ billion and you spend 6$ billion then it will be considered equal. Understood?

I have heard Indians saying Pakistan beg. Haven't you guys begged $455 Billion loans? External debt on per capita is more on India people and less on Pakistani people. Do the math

The tender for mining core was the perfect one which all provincial governments should adapt for all future projects

Tender was asked who will mine more and on better rate . All iron will be purchased by Pakistan. Which ensures highest mining and keep Pakistani treasures in Pakistan.

lol, why would they let( leader) ordinary pakistani prosper? If we prosper,they will get poor. This is how shit work.

Another Reko Diq type of blunder/scandal in the making...

I visited reko diq once... bought stones.... literally with glittering gold particles.... we are sitting on moutains of gold ... but....

Chiniot Discovery, in the state of Punjab, look at the what happens afterwards, the deal will it benefit Punjabis and Pakistanis or will it go in these terrorist criminals corrupt chors. Keep an eye on.

Back
Top Bottom