What's new

PM Orders To Terminate Roaming Facility For Afghan SIMs

I would like to know why Pakistanis want the Afghan refugees to leaves. The reasons. Is it because now Afghanistan is safe enough for them to go back.

Pakistanis now attribute Afghanis to crimes, ethnic fighting, terrorism, taking jobs, etc.

Ideally they should live in their own country.

They are part of Pakistan now but we should stop the new ones from entering

They need to be sent back in order to tilt demographics.

I would like to know why Pakistanis want the Afghan refugees to leaves. The reasons. Is it because now Afghanistan is safe enough for them to go back.

Pakistan is not their baap ka jagir, if they want to stay they should agree to a confederation and let then the combined army will wipe out all Taliban with them having no where to go. :devil: If not then they should go home. 8-)

Hopefully someone informed the PM that this can be done in 5 minutes in any telco network.

Telecom companies have legal contracts for providing roaming - they need time to fulfill the obligation as per contracts (i.e. notifying the other party and serving notice period as per contract) to avoid penalties and lawsuits.

Telecom companies have legal contracts for providing roaming - they need time to fulfill the obligation as per contracts (i.e. notifying the other party and serving notice period as per contract) to avoid penalties and lawsuits.

I have some experience with this work. Such contracts have clauses that Government's orders always take priority.

I have some experience with this work. Such contracts have clauses that Government's orders always take priority.

Sure - every contract have such clauses but still you need to check the obligations and serve notices. It's not like that you can through contract in trash and switch off services.

Sure - every contract have such clauses but still you need to check the obligations and serve notices. It's not like that you can through contract in trash and switch off services.

I agree, but my original post was more about technical things that need to be done to stop roaming with any operator. Secondly when human lives are at stake, I wouldn't care too much about customer service and contractual obligations.

Now that I think about what I said; I am like the Jack Bauer of telcos hehe:-)

Back
Top Bottom