What's new

PM orders to reopen Pak-Afghan border

Sometimes Im not sure what goes on in that man's head. Whenever it comes to blood and guts foreign policy or security decisions, he gets weak at the knees for some reason. Very frustrating.
When people have nothing at stake inside Pakistan and all their wealth and properties including kids are abroad, rest assured he would care less about what happens in Pakistan and more about what will happen to him abroad and who will come to his rescue once he is thrown out.
The fault lies with people of Pakistan who briv these **** tards into position of power. We have misplaced priorities. We as a nation are more concerned with non issues but are extremely naive when it comes to security issues or national interests of Pakistan.
Finally I am also amazed at the way the security institutions of this country and SC is working. I mean if they have made a decision why not declare it? Why are you holding it back and playing with the future of Pakistan. This is absurd.

When people have nothing at stake inside Pakistan and all their wealth and properties including kids are abroad, rest assured he would care less about what happens in Pakistan and more about what will happen to him abroad and who will come to his rescue once he is thrown out.
The fault lies with people of Pakistan who briv these **** tards into position of power. We have misplaced priorities. We as a nation are more concerned with non issues but are extremely naive when it comes to security issues or national interests of Pakistan.
Finally I am also amazed at the way the security institutions of this country and SC is working. I mean if they have made a decision why not declare it? Why are you holding it back and playing with the future of Pakistan. This is absurd.

I agree, when any politician has foreign assets they are automatically a security risk to the country. That should be a given right from the outset. Yet, generation after generation we are still electing people who have stronger ties to foreign countries than they have to their own. There isnt a single major politician in Pakistan who doesnt have properties abroad or other vital interests. We should expect exactly what we get. And no politician is immune from this. Nawaz Shareef tied to London, Imran Khan tied to london, Altaf tied to London, Zardari tied to the USA and London etc etc etc.....Our entire political class is compromised. That is why I dont support any Pakistani politicians. None of them.

We came to know through ISPR...And now opened with consultation from COAS again..

See this is the problem. This decision should have come from the PM's office not COAS or ISPR. This is what I dont understand about our Govt, these are NS's decisions to make, announce and explain and then try and gain maximum benefit for Pakistan. The Army can help implement it but the decision for both actions ie closing and opening should not be made by the COAS.

See this is the problem. This decision should have come from the PM's office not COAS or ISPR. This is what I dont understand about our Govt, these are NS's decisions to make, announce and explain and then try and gain maximum benefit for Pakistan. The Army can help implement it but the decision for both actions ie closing and opening should not be made by the COAS.
The problem is NZ is least concern with terrorism issue ..Regarding COAS i don't know the logic of closure for just 1 month if it has to be reopened..What did they gain from afghanistan ? Nothing..A knee jerk reaction just to cool down the public anger..until the next incident and same cycle to be repeat..Border closure for 2-3 weeks, some combing operation killing of 50-100 terrorist overnight and dust is settled..

The problem is NZ is least concern with terrorism issue ..Regarding COAS i don't know the logic of closure for just 1 month if it has to be reopened..What did they gain from afghanistan ? Nothing..A knee jerk reaction just to cool down the public anger..until the next incident and same cycle to be repeat..Border closure for 2-3 weeks, some combing operation killing of 50-100 terrorist overnight and dust is settled..

It was just starting to bite into the Afghans and we let them off the hook? Makes no sense.

It was just starting to bite into the Afghans and we let them off the hook? Makes no sense.
Make sense ..Nobody questioning COAS who is responsible for security ..Ganja is useless case so any expectation from him holds no benefit..But seems Bajwa can't or don't want to do anything..Just to save his own self

Make sense ..Nobody questioning COAS who is responsible for security ..Ganja is useless case so any expectation from him holds no benefit..But seems Bajwa can't or don't want to do anything..Just to save his own self

Or maybe the Americans had a word in someone's ear. We have no clear policy on any of this which is why we display bizarre behaviour that makes little sense. We keep closing this border and then a few weeks later open it again and the same cycle is repeated with every tragedy. This was the wrong decision and I think the lead story in the Dawn was something to the effect that we are opening the border as a gesture of goodwill to the Afghanis. That was NS statement. LOL! What goodwill? The Afghans have shown zero goodwill. This decision could be interpreted as either foolish or cowardice. It makes no other sense to me. Nothing on the ground has changed in Afghanistan.

I'm not really into conspiracy theories but opening this hell's mouth so close to the Panama decision seems a bit dodgy to me. What is he letting in?
He may have high hopes.
Right and left, ppp corruptos are also being let off by courts. PMLN wont challenge it in the courts by the look of it.
We will know after Pak Day parade is over.

Or maybe the Americans had a word in someone's ear. We have no clear policy on any of this which is why we display bizarre behaviour that makes little sense. We keep closing this border and then a few weeks later open it again and the same cycle is repeated with every tragedy. This was the wrong decision and I think the lead story in the Dawn was something to the effect that we are opening the border as a gesture of goodwill to the Afghanis. That was NS statement. LOL! What goodwill? The Afghans have shown zero goodwill. This decision could be interpreted as either foolish or cowardice. It makes no other sense to me. Nothing on the ground has changed in Afghanistan.

So who is in charge of Pakistan's policies in such critical matters?

(And then we want to have a seat at the grown-up nations' table.)

Back
Top Bottom