What's new

PM not silent, made more than 1000 speeches in last 10 years, says his adviser

Sourya Kharb

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has made more than 1000 speeches in last 10 years, Pankaj Pachauri, communications adviser to the PM, said on Friday.

Countering the charge that Manmohan Singh has not communicated with the public as much as he should have been, Pankaj Pachauri said, "It's not that the PM has not been talking, but because of the nature of the media, his messages have not reached the general public."

Pankaj Pachauri was speaking to mediapersons in New Delhi. He also said that newspapers tend to cover the Prime Minister more than TV channels.

Pankaj Pachauri also added that in the last five years, there was not much scope for the Prime Minister to speak in Parliament.

When asked that the PM hadn't been seen much in Congress's poll campaign, Pankaj Pachauri replied that Manmohan Singh has addressed four rallies so far in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections. "It is the Congress party which decides about the PM's election rallies," he said.

On the issue of writing a memoir, Pankaj Pachauri said, "I have been offered to write a book, but will not write one."

It may be recalled that two recent books, one by former PM media adviser Sanjaya Baru and other by former coal secretary P C Parakh, have alleged that the PM failed to assert his authority on critical issues and it was Congress party president Sonia Gandhi who wields ultimate authority in the UPA.

BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi has been attacking the PM over the book written by Baru, saying the current Lok Sabha poll was all about a "decisive" Prime Minister. "This election is for a decisive and accountable Prime Minister. A Prime Minister who has a voice in his own government," Modi said at a recent election rally in Erode.

Modi's remark was an obvious dig at Singh in the wake of a book by Sanjaya Baru where he had claimed that the Prime Minister had been "defanged" by Congress in his second term with party president Sonia Gandhi deciding on key appointments to Cabinet and PMO as he seemed to "surrender" to her and UPA partners.

:o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o::o:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

I have nothing to say about this the only thing i can do is.........:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If that was true, then why this.....

Maintain-Silence-and-Keep-Your-Phone-in-Manmohan-Mode-Funny.jpg

:P :P :lol:

Heck! Even Modi failed to elicit any response from Manmohanji...

manmohan+singh+funny+pic+bol+bachchan1.jpg

Jeeez!

Last edited:
Manmohan Singh is most dumb PM ever.....
and I as a youth say this ...history will never forgive you MR. Manmohan singh......
U compromised with every aspect of india, be it security of nation, be it legislation, corruption , Scams.....and every thing.....
and for what..just for a italian lady......ur country became secondary to u in front of ur allegiance to a family.....
I pity u MR. PM ur soul will never forgive u for what u have done even if ur country men forgive u for ur bad governance and ur lack of spine.......this 10 years will haunt u till eternity..even after ur death....
believe me..

Believe it or not but in first year of his on PM chair he take really good steps but slowly slowly he turned into bitch of Sonia and Rahul

This **** didnt even utter a word of condemnation when 5 of our beloved soldiers were beheaded

He didn't know what to say. He is good in making policies but bad in administration.
Policies!! he was good as finance minister. Rest every thing else...he was as good as a pile of sh!t. All those scams happened tight under his nose. He not only failed to prevent them but instead supported it. MMS was a disaster to India.

Why does it matter now? PM is not going to Public to re-elect. He is not the only one responsible for Congress debacle. But as a leader he is the one to get most of the blame.

Questions to ask are, how many time Rahul has spoken? Specially on matters of National Outrage like coal gate, Spectrum, economic slowdown. Why was he and mother silent? Why was no action taken by them for Govt inefficiency? Rahul, Sonia and Mr Manmohan are the one who is responsible for taking India to stage of despair. Good that people see a hope in Mr Modi

1000 SPEECHES????o_Oo_O:o: when did he give them? wait a minute.....aha i got it ...he must have given them in stealth mode:lol::lol::lol:
Dus saal se maun vrat dharan kiya hai MMS ne aur yeh banda kehta 1000 speech dey di. :blah::blah:

He wasnt a Bad guy or speaking guy. He was and is a economist.

But being a PM he certainly should have spoken on few issues where he choose to be silent. If he would have it wouldnt have mattered if he havent given a single speech or not.

His silence hurt congress more than the allegations. It was like accepting thr guilt.

Manmohan Singh is most dumb PM ever.....
and I as a youth say this ...history will never forgive you MR. Manmohan singh......
U compromised with every aspect of india, be it security of nation, be it legislation, corruption , Scams.....and every thing.....
and for what..just for a italian lady......ur country became secondary to u in front of ur allegiance to a family.....
I pity u MR. PM ur soul will never forgive u for what u have done even if ur country men forgive u for ur bad governance and ur lack of spine.......this 10 years will haunt u till eternity..even after ur death....
believe me..

ohoh...MMS is now doomed....he has upon him the dreaded curse of the Demigod:D....jokes apart, i fully agree with you. As PM he should have acted in a decisive manner to stop all that and work for the betterment of our country. But alas, it did not happen.

He wasnt a Bad guy or speaking guy. He was and is a economist.

But being a PM he certainly should have spoken on few issues where he choose to be silent. If he would have it wouldnt have mattered if he havent given a single speech or not.

His silence hurt congress more than the allegations. It was like accepting thr guilt.

He is just not cut out to be the PM. As you said he is an economist...besides the real power was in somebody else's hands....he has been acting as per the instructions of....you know who. Anyway, things will change once this govt. goes for good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom