What's new

PM Modi’s silence on LAC stand-off is benefiting China. India must change its script

That is how they works .
Their mission is to finish the construction in the border .
No talks only action.
They will take when everything back to normal

I think the Galwan bridge construction is going on .

That is not the only area, and all other areas' work is going on. This government is in a hurry, and that is precisely why the Chinese are worried and are reacting like this.

That is not the only area, and all other areas' work is going on. This government is in a hurry, and that is precisely why the Chinese are worried and are reacting like this.

So I was right .
We dont want war but nor we need to compromise in basic things .
Hate to say , Our previous 3 decades was really wasted .Chinese moved much forward within that time and now it became a problem for us .
Look how they nicely played .
They bribed the Nepali elites , creates problems in
that border then tested here .

So I was right .
We dont want war but nor we need to compromise in basic things .
Hate to say , Our previous 3 decades was really wasted .Chinese moved much forward within that time and now it became a problem for us .
Look how they nicely played .
They bribed the Nepali elites , creates problems in
that border then tested here .

What they did was to attend to the fundamentals.

They built infrastructure. All their main highways in Tibet/Xijang were built and reinforced for multi-lane operation. Feeder roads ran off these to all population centres. Roads to their forward bases followed. Finally, at the fourth level, at the borders, roads were built to allow rapid deployment of forces to any one of several points of contact.

On the other side, we had nothing. Not even the main highways within our claimed territories, not until Manmohan Singh broke that mental barrier. Now we are playing catch-up, and the Chinese are saying we must not do what they themselves have done over the last two decades.

The Nepali elites were either neglected, or browbeaten by our particularly stupid present government. With increasing Chinese influence within Nepal, our government played the accessibility card, the single stupidest thing they could have done; they blocked land access to Nepal for more than a week, bringing it home to the Nepalis that we could blackmail them at any time, and would. What bribery? With one partner holding a gun to their heads and the other offering access to a brilliant roadway connection, what should we have expected them to do?

I'm sorry, but the incompetence that our government at the centre has shown in internal affairs might be concealed by window-dressing, but the same stupid behaviour with foreign governments shows up clearly and prominently.

Hope China destroys those infrastructure

Don't hold your breath. It might harm your health.

What they did was to attend to the fundamentals.

They built infrastructure. All their main highways in Tibet/Xijang were built and reinforced for multi-lane operation. Feeder roads ran off these to all population centres. Roads to their forward bases followed. Finally, at the fourth level, at the borders, roads were built to allow rapid deployment of forces to any one of several points of contact.

On the other side, we had nothing. Not even the main highways within our claimed territories, not until Manmohan Singh broke that mental barrier. Now we are playing catch-up, and the Chinese are saying we must not do what they themselves have done over the last two decades.

The Nepali elites were either neglected, or browbeaten by our particularly stupid present government. With increasing Chinese influence within Nepal, our government played the accessibility card, the single stupidest thing they could have done; they blocked land access to Nepal for more than a week, bringing it home to the Nepalis that we could blackmail them at any time, and would. What bribery? With one partner holding a gun to their heads and the other offering access to a brilliant roadway connection, what should we have expected them to do?

I'm sorry, but the incompetence that our government at the centre has shown in internal affairs might be concealed by window-dressing, but the same stupid behaviour with foreign governments shows up clearly and prominently.

Don't hold your breath. It might harm your health.

Sorry Sir ,
Cannot agree .
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/11/...s-india-a-huge-neighbor-squeezes-it-hard.html
This was during Rajiv time .
Whatever it is .The issues was already before .
Chinese already funded them long time ago.
This govt made a mistake due to blockade .
But still we cannot trust them .
No matter what .
I had an opportunity to talk one Nepali before .
A nice guy .
His father was in India Army and have pension from the Army .
And he told the pathetic condition of the Nepalese Army and despise their elites for corruption.

Sorry Sir ,
Cannot agree .
https://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/11/...s-india-a-huge-neighbor-squeezes-it-hard.html
This was during Rajiv time .
Whatever it is .The issues was already before .
Chinese already funded them long time ago.
This govt made a mistake due to blockade .
But still we cannot trust them .
No matter what .
I had an opportunity to talk one Nepali before .
A nice guy .
His father was in India Army and have pension from the Army .
And he told the pathetic condition of the Nepalese Army and despise their elites for corruption.

You don't need to agree. The facts speak for themselves.

@Taimoor Khan Indians will always deny the reality, haven't you seen already? Look at their dreams about Feb 27 2019. They are a lost cause.

Chinese will have overrun Ladakh, Pakistan will have liberated Jammu and Kashmir, Nepal will have taken their own territory, but Indians will deny until it will no longer be possible to deny.

Last edited:
Of Course.
Facts speak for themselves .Thats why I said I cannot agree.

I will be sorry to remind you of this, once the masterly incompetence of our great leader has led to our setback and disarray in the future. But there it is; as long as people support the incompetent, we will be punished and will have to bear the consequences for one man's insecurity and psychological need to concentrate all power in his own hands.

I will be sorry to remind you of this, once the masterly incompetence of our great leader has led to our setback and disarray in the future. But there it is; as long as people support the incompetent, we will be punished and will have to bear the consequences for one man's insecurity and psychological need to concentrate all power in his own hands.

Still I didny get the reply of the real issue .
Before 2014 are we great in our all borders?

Even if we agrees your conclusion those 45 days of blockade was because Rajiv insecurity and psychological issue .
Neighbours are neighbours .
They can be good friends or worst enemies.
Nepalese was always against India due to unknown reasons .
Then China was also poor ,so they didnt have much bargain chip.
Now they have money so they have bargain chip.
The road that inaugrated by our DM that passes through that area is actually directly links India with China reducing the Nepal importance.
Now Chinese showed the green signal .

Our neighbours always shows untrust worthy attitude long time before this govt .
10 years of pacifist milky Manmohan Singh era didnt change anything .
Several decades ago once the SL allowed Pakistani navy ships refuel in there angered Indira and then is history .

10 years we had total democracy with full freedom and honey .Only for the corruption NPA and various service.
Defence was great that our beloved snail pace Anthony didnt signed MMRCA and just escaped .

People saw all of these ,they invite this necessary evil.
So far ,he wont spare whoever tries to oversmart him.That is one unique quality of PM Modi (Good or Bad)
Once the issue with Chinese just finished .
They will deal with Nepal in the language they can understand.
India cannot trust their neighbours .
Nor we have to show any magnanimity towards them.
It must be strictly standard cooperation.

India must do this and India must do that. I am sick and tired of Indian generals wanting things they can never have.

Modi lost. Period. There is no chance for face saving. China came. China went away with more land. No ifs and buts.
Do you work for RAW's disinformation department?

- PRTP GWD

Still I didny get the reply of the real issue .
Before 2014 are we great in our all borders?

Relative to today, yes. We did not annoy several neighbours simultaneously.

Even if we agrees your conclusion those 45 days of blockade was because Rajiv insecurity and psychological issue .

Which blockade are you talking about? This happened under Modi's government.

Neighbours are neighbours .
They can be good friends or worst enemies.

What a discovery!

Nepalese was always against India due to unknown reasons .

Nepal was a solid ally. I cannot even imagine what you are referring to, other than King Mahindra's efforts to retain his independence after he got rid of the Ranas with India's help, and Birendra's continuing those efforts. When the monarchy was overthrown, all that vanished, so we had a clean slate and we managed to convert that into hostility.

Then China was also poor ,so they didnt have much bargain chip.
Now they have money so they have bargain chip.
The road that inaugrated by our DM that passes through that area is actually directly links India with China reducing the Nepal importance.
Niw Chinese showed the green signal .

If India wants to link up with China, there are thousands of kilometres of border; why should that particular road be a threat to Nepali importance? That doesn't make any sense.

Our neighbours always shows untrust worthy attitude long time before this govt .
10 years of pacifist milky Manmohan Singh era didnt change anything .
Several decades ago once the SL allowed Pakistani navy ships refuel in there angered Indira and then is history

Bizarre. Nobody hated us then; they do now.

10 years we had total democracy with full freedom and honey .Only for the corruption NPA aand various service.
Defence was great that our beloved snail pace Anthony didnt signed MMRCA and just escaped .

Agreed. Now the money is flowing freely, just one Rafale deal made up for all the years of poor income.

People saw all of these ,they invite this necessary evil.
So far ,he wont spare whoever tries to oversmart him.That is one unique quality of PM Modi (Good or Bad)
Once the issue with Chinese just finished .
They will deal with Nepal in the language they can understand.
India cannot trust their neighbours .
Nor we have to show any magnanimity towards them.
It must be strictly standard cooperation.

The trouble is that India has nothing with which to threaten Nepal. Nor does India have the capacity to 'finish' the issue with China. So what are we talking about? Or are we talking about talking? That is the typical bhakt style; to make up for all failures by talking about successes that they think they have achieved, that nobody else sees as success, or by talking about successes that they think they may achieve in future.

Basically, he is incompetent, and will get the whole country into trouble through this incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom