What's new

PM Modi steps on China's toes yet again: This time in Myanmar

Not quite sure about your statement about the population density, you have virtually the same population as our but much less territory. if you want to play nuke with China, you will become an extinction specie.

Especially since even one single Chinese thermonuclear warhead (around 4 megatons) has more destructive power than India's entire nuclear arsenal. :P

And they only have 1/3 of our landmass, despite being about the same population.

And their main population center (Ganges river delta) is right next to the Chinese border.

That's not even counting the Pakistani nuclear arsenal which are all designated for India.

Especially since even one single Chinese thermonuclear warhead (around 4 megatons) has more destructive power than India's entire nuclear arsenal. :P

And they only have 1/3 of our landmass, despite being about the same population.

And their main population center (Ganges river delta) is right next to the Chinese border.

That's not even counting the Pakistani nuclear arsenal which are all designated for India.

Please do read: Nuclear Warfare 101 and Nuclear Warfare 102.
The effect of nuclear blast decreases with the square of the distance. And more than half of nuclear energy is wasted in the mushroom formation. The real deaths occur not due to the mushroom formation. The most significant impact of a high yield bomb is to make a larger crater. That is the sole reason why most of USA's operational nuclear weapons are less than 1 MT category: List of All U.S. Nuclear Weapons
Our one of the main population centre is the Ganges, it is not the only one.

earth_lights.jpg
Actually China has a much more concentrated population as is evident by night light NASA photo. Its population is concentrated on the eastern side.
http://41.media.tumblr.com/c6e4163b1ccb09b22f987efc77f37179/tumblr_n65sbbIzH81rasnq9o1_1280.png
A sea based nuclear weapon would be the biggest concern for the Chinese.
In either case, due to presence of large number of tier1 and 2 cities, use of nuclear weapons will be an inadequate response for complete destruction.
http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/pr...DoJTxo6OHn_JoVzk649L4hRvC7FCgCK5=w377-h390-nc
This is a realistic distribution of population in India.

We have this :blah: , we have that :blah: but at the end of day this was all China could do ...... :lol:

China succumbs to India, stops road construction work

China says Indian troops intruded into Chinese territory violating LAC 410 times this Year!

The only thing the Chinese are good at is bragging in forums and luckily for them they get paid for it too .... :rofl:

Beside blah blah, what China could do is what India afford to pay, you have not access to the secret negociation or maybe Indian gorverment is to ashame to publicize the result of the deal and you expect us to believe Indian media sources?:rofl:
An yes we're good at bragging to bruise the Indian ego after all they won't get paid for their patriotic effort service:lol:

In my post #179, in response to post #177, I am curious to know why Chinese can forgive Mao, even though he was responsible for million deaths, without ever receiving an apology from him or from CCP and treat him like a national leader not a criminal, but can't forgive Japan? Are the Chinese just milking the issue to reap benefits or they genuinely hate Japan (at the same time love Mao)?
@Nihonjin1051 @Kiss_of_the_Dragon

Beside blah blah, what China could do is what India afford to pay, you have not access to the secret negociation or maybe Indian gorverment is to ashame to publicize the result of the deal and you expect us to believe Indian media sources?:rofl:
An yes we're good at bragging to bruise the Indian ego after all they won't get paid for their patriotic effort service:lol:

Apart from verbal diarrhea , there is nothing of significance in your post .

It's not our problem that your superior PLA has no choice when our soldiers crosses the border as claimed by China and had to dug up the road they themselves made ..... :wave:

What tangible result? none of country that India cozy with has detered China from adventuring into Indian Ocean or stoping our economic corridor project with Pakistan. And why we need to aligned hundred missile toward India when water can do a better costless job...LMAO. India has not fear of Chinese missiles but fear of the dependancy of our water policy.

We dialogue with words to some people and dialogue with Iron fist with other.

If we ever go to war with India, we're ready to trade few Chinese merchant ships being sunk by Indian navy over hundred millions of dehydrated Indians...and not to mention that our Navy will sit Idlely...I guess it will be a fair deal.
Read the defense journals of your own army and navy officers(retired). You will get the idea, you need a lot to learn about your nation's defence preparedness.

In my post #179, in response to post #177, I am curious to know why Chinese can forgive Mao, even though he was responsible for million deaths, without ever receiving an apology from him or from CCP and treat him like a national leader not a criminal, but can't forgive Japan? Are the Chinese just milking the issue to reap benefits or they genuinely hate Japan (at the same time love Mao)?

In my opinion, yes, their leadership will use this as diplomatic leverage. Controlled nationalism , in my opinion, increases any government's power base.

Logic dictates, that if something doesn't make sense, it means you must have the wrong information.

Mao didn't kill all those people, his failed policies did. He did it indirectly. Japanese were just there to kill and nothing else.

This isn't to say Mao is a saint, it's just different. For example, if I shot you cause I wanted the money you will use for your relative's medical bills and if I accidentally hit you with my car while texting is completely different. Though texting still makes me in the wrong, but you wouldn't feel it's a premeditated killing and evil would you, and thus the level of anger differs.

For all that Mao's done, he also completely rid China of all foreign influence, even the Soviets. He completely rejected Soviet basing troops in China and soon resulted in Sino Soviet Split, for the first time, he stood up to an old imperial power in America and he completely crushed a fellow third rate power in India.

He gave peasants social standing that they never had and will never have again, and in the end, he's a mixed figure.

In my opinion, yes, their leadership will use this as diplomatic leverage. Controlled nationalism , in my opinion, increases any government's power base.
Keep telling yourself that. You know what our fundamental difference is, you feel Japan is unjustly held responsible for "just" a war.

Japan's war was far more than that. China had wars before, I know shocker, but even the Brits and Germans and French, didn't massacre Chinese like animals, and certainly didn't experiment on them like unit 731.

Japan's war was more personal cause you made it so.

Meiji's war in first Sino Japanese war was not remembered in such a war, but just a war between powers, even though Japan also occupied land is for that reason.

You dug your own grave, you can't blame us that we put cement on top of it.

Keep telling yourself that. You know what our fundamental difference is, you feel Japan is unjustly held responsible for "just" a war.
Japan's war was far more than that. China had wars before, I know shocker, but even the Brits and Germans and French, didn't massacre Chinese like animals, and certainly didn't experiment on them like unit 731.
Japan's war was more personal cause you made it so.
Meiji's war in first Sino Japanese war was not remembered in such a war, but just a war between powers, even though Japan also occupied land is for that reason.
You dug your own grave, you can't blame us that we put cement on top of it.

I'm not arguing whether or not the war justly fought, or arguing for the innocence of Japan's Military. I already stated to you in previous threads that the greatest mistake of Japan during the early 20th century was invading China proper.

As to the current thread, I'm saying that the Chinese Leadership, in the past, has fanned anti-Japanese sentiments, which have led to the inflammation of bilateral relationships. Do you deny the fact that this nationalism increases power base? Come on, even the South Korean Park Administration does the same (note their popularity is so low).

1D3KPzP[1].png

I'm not arguing whether or not the war justly fought, or arguing for the innocence of Japan's Military. I already stated to you in previous threads that the greatest mistake of Japan during the early 20th century was invading China proper.

As to the current thread, I'm saying that the Chinese Leadership, in the past, has fanned anti-Japanese sentiments, which have led to the inflammation of bilateral relationships. Do you deny the fact that this nationalism increases power base? Come on, even the South Korean Park Administration does the same (note their popularity is so low).

View attachment 152414

If you understand, don't put Mao and Japan in the same category, they may have both resulted in death, but the nature of it is very different.

But anti Japanese sentiments? It's actually not the Chinese government's intention, it's forced by some moron on the Japanese island. Why nationalize the islands, the Chinese way has always been if it's uncomfortable, pretend it doesn't exist, like 1989.

You guys nationalizing those islands forced the government's hands and forced them to make a move to demonstrate their resolve. They can't stay silent.

The SK government will do what they will because that's what they need to do, despite their's and Japan's developed status, you guys got preciously little international influence, especially Korea, unlike UK and France the other small time world powers.

China is involved in a wide array of programs around the world, leader in Africa, getting there in Latin America, big time trade partner of the EU and vast investments in ASEAN. The Chinese government will be judged on foreign policy in regards to the US, not Japan, unlike Korea.

If you understand, don't put Mao and Japan in the same category, they may have both resulted in death, but the nature of it is very different.

But anti Japanese sentiments? It's actually not the Chinese government's intention, it's forced by some moron on the Japanese island. Why nationalize the islands, the Chinese way has always been if it's uncomfortable, pretend it doesn't exist, like 1989.

You guys nationalizing those islands forced the government's hands and forced them to make a move to demonstrate their resolve. They can't stay silent.

The SK government will do what they will because that's what they need to do, despite their's and Japan's developed status, you guys got preciously little international influence, especially Korea, unlike UK and France the other small time world powers.

China is involved in a wide array of programs around the world, leader in Africa, getting there in Latin America, big time trade partner of the EU and vast investments in ASEAN. The Chinese government will be judged on foreign policy in regards to the US, not Japan, unlike Korea.

I recognize your points, @Genesis . For the sake of argument, I will concede to your points. Just ponder on what I said.

I recognize your points, @Genesis . For the sake of argument, I will concede to your points. Just ponder on what I said.

Let's go back to the beginning then, if China owned the islands the way Japan did, with a conference that you weren't invited to, and then suddenly nationalize those islands.

What would the Japanese government's best course of action be? I didn't say what they would do, I mean what are the options.

You don't have to agree with me, but what are the options. Don't say talk, cause that's too vague, and that has happened a billion times now since then.

Back
Top Bottom