What's new

PM Modi, Pak PM Shehbaz Sharif to meet in Tashkent? Modi may visit Pakistan!

Pak became 'obedient' while IK was in power, he was the one who tried to kick start talks and oversaw for the first time in years perhaps a silent LOC.

Here's one instance, when a bomb killed Chinese employees working at the Dasu Dam, the Foreign ministry allegedly tried to cover it up, which pissed off the Chinese incredibly resulting in closure of the project temporarily and an extremely steep payment by Pakistan to the Chinese company and citizens who died, here your source.
After the government tried to downplay the terrorist attack as an accident caused by gas leakage, China immediately retaliated and cancelled a scheduled meeting of the Joint Cooperation Committee of the CPEC.

The Chinese contractor had also stopped the work on the project and demanded a compensation of $37 million.

The compensation that the contractor had claimed was over 500% more than what a Chinese national’s heirs would have received if killed in a similar attack in their own country, according to government sources.

This is all your opinion and nothing based on fact ...

On the other hand on every international forum IK called India a terrorist regime ... Target them diplomatically ... Order for the air skirmish and also order to reatliate with missile attack if india try any missadventure ...

Stopped trade with india ... Named kulbushon in UN and openly discuss role of indian sponsored terrorism in Pakistan ... Infact india was the reason Pakistan had a diplomatic issue with uae and ksa ...

The only viable solution to Kashmir, if there ever is to be one, is to convert the LoC into a recognized international border.
In the long term, Kashmir will not stay a part of India as it exists now. The Geo-political trajectory in the long term would favor Pakistan over India. Mostly in history, if Kashmir was not independent, it was ruled by whoever ruled Punjab.

I think Kashmir should have its special status & LOC ought to be a porous pseudo-border to keep two countries from fighting. I want is so that eventually there is visa-free travel between India & Pakistan, enduring trade links, people-to-people links, & much tourism. In that environment, a hard border in Kashmir would become unnecessary.

I do not imagine that Pakistan should be a part of permanently bifurcating Kashmiris by agreeing to a hard border.

According to sources, back channels discussions are underway between Indian and Pakistani officials to formalise a meeting between Indian PM Narendra Modi and Pakistan's newly-appointed Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif during the SCO summit in Tashkent in July.

PM Modi and Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif are expected to attend the SCO summit on July 17 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Highly placed sources say if the meeting between two leaders transpires, then PM Modi may visit the Katas Raj Temple in Pakistan

Sources say the Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif may then host the Indian prime minister in Islamabad.

Both prime ministers had recently exchanged messages on Twitter after Shehbaz Sharif was appointed PM. Prime Minister Narendra Modi had invited Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif's brother ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif to India during his swearing-in ceremony in 2014.

The meeting between Sharif and PM Modi however may be subject to stability within the military ranks, sources claim with Pakistan's Army chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa's term due to expire in November.

Reports claimed earlier former PM Imran Khan had tried to sack General Bajwa amid the no-confidence drama in Parliament this month.

In 2015, PM Modi had visited Pakistan to meet ex-PM Nawaz Sharif during a surprise stopover in Lahore. However, relations between the two sides nosedived after the 2016 Pathankot terrorist attack and the 2019 Pulwama terror attack.

Both countries had earlier pulled out their high commissioners from each other's countries. India has been operating its mission with a curtailed staff. The possible meeting between PM Modi and Pakistan PM Sharif could be the first step towards the restoration of ties between the two countries, sources say.

@Sudarshan @INS_Vikrant @VkdIndian @Wood

I don't mind 2 country heads meeting at all. In fact it is a positive development, HOWEVER modi meeting with Shehbaz is useless. Shehbaz is not a representative of people of Pakistan. This meeting would mean nothing for Pakistanis. Shehbaz is unlikely to resolve any issues, he is unlikely to achieve anything big. At best he would enhance his personal businesses in India. Plus maybe secure 1,2 feel good, superficial initiatives.

This is all your opinion and nothing based on fact ...

On the other hand on every international forum IK called India a terrorist regime ... Target them diplomatically ... Order for the air skirmish and also order to reatliate with missile attack if india try any missadventure ...

Stopped trade with india ... Named kulbushon in UN and openly discuss role of indian sponsored terrorism in Pakistan ... Infact india was the reason Pakistan had a diplomatic issue with uae and ksa ...
It's not opinion, it's backed up by evidence and i have even posted an article w.r.t China.
Erm i am not disputing any of that, what i am disputing is you saying that SS is being obedient to India when in reality that is misleading and it started with Imran Khan so if SS is obedient IK is no less by this metric. Are you saying the ceasefire in Kashmir is fake and so has been the backchannel talks, trade negotiations etc..?
Whoah big deal IK ordered a retaliation, dude a retaliation is ALWAYS prepared no matter what. During the Mian Channu incident Pak was ready to conduct retaliatory strikes immediately but held off.

I think Kashmir should have its special status & LOC ought to be a porous pseudo-border to keep two countries from fighting. I want is so that eventually there is visa-free travel between India & Pakistan, enduring trade links, people-to-people links, & much tourism. In that environment, a hard border in Kashmir would become unnecessary.

That would remain unlikely to happen for as long as Pakistan remains a "security state".

Back
Top Bottom