What's new

PM irked by non-compliance of his directives

Some of the blame sure is on the people, but you’re the PM, the buck stops with you. Lifting lockdown is a choice and implementation of SOPs are on you also.
The OP isn't really about handling of Covid, though since you brought this up, I am not a big fan of how they handled the crisis so far but I am not sure if everything is his decision, for example :

From April :
The Sindh government has backed down from its decision to cordon off several neighbourhoods in Karachi's East Zone, less than six hours after ordering them sealed.
https://www.geo.tv/latest/282284-over-10-ucs-sealed-in-karchi

From May (before Eid) :
The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Monday ordered authorities to reopen all shops and markets that had been sealed for violating social distancing guidelines to curb the spread of COVID-19, saying shopkeepers must be made to “understand the situation.”
https://www.newsweekpakistan.com/supreme-court-orders-opening-of-shops-sealed-over-sop-violations/

but it’s utterly hopeless if you yourself have been downplaying the seriousness of covid since the start
I do think their messaging could have been much better, but lets not forget how all other sections choose to ignore social distancing, for example multiple media anchors sitting in a their studio together, opposition and other political parties doing conferences (no distancing, no masks), and how court decided corona is not a pandemic in the country. Don't you think all of this played a part?
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...top-court-ordering-curbs-lifted-idUSKBN22U2NV

This might sound radical, but can't the President or someone in government remove a judge? There has to be some sort of legal limit between what judiciary can do and what government can do? It's been done before.

Maybe the ISI could pay them a visit?

Army chief in Gov has tried that before and we all know what happened.

Pakistan is one of the few countries in the world where only judges can hear the cases of judges behind close doors. Most countries hear the cases against judges in Parliament and impeach them there.

PM and President can only send the reference which they did in Justice Isa case. Nothing else. Using ISI for such matter will overburden them and there are chances of legal actions at later points. When gov changes.

Let me repeat old timer we were almost bankrupt in June 2018 if it wasnt for Gulf states we wouldve been in a situation similar to Lebanon but I guess looking at facts is too much for leagis

Lebanon and Venezuela wali situation hoti where economy has collapsed, but there is no way to explain this situation to these people.

Bothers, here is the thing.

There are no shades of gray, its all either white or black (latter in the case of Pakistan, specially in past few decades).

They all know very well how much damage PPP and PML-N (specially latter) inflicted to the economy of the country, however, purposely they will never acknowledge it. To them, economy, inflation, deteriorating healthcare & education, pollution, COVID-19, water and sanitation problems, ineffective Pakistan steel mills, unprofitable PIA and railway - all these were super fruitful when PPP & PML-N were at the helm and things have been crumbled since June 2018.

Its the death of constructive argument if you deal with such biased, hypocrite and politically motivated poster(s), who use this and other similar thread as a tool for cheap point scoring. Its not the best use of your and my time to spend on them, let them whine and cry a river, who cares !!!

Last edited:
This gov under establishment, last gov under establishment, us se pehle gov under establishment whats the point. Saare politicians, bureaucrats, judges, lawyers, industrialists boot waloun ki TC krte hain. Awam ka kia qasoor hai bhai? This whole country is a circle jerk.
perhaps to identify where real power and mess lies

Back
Top Bottom