What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
In IK case, at least he provided all the money trail. And did not hide behind technicalities like Faiz Esa who has BLOCKED the case from proceeding. Now no one can ask any judge or their families about source of their income. You live in Canada, you must know how the annual tax declaration works and how you have to provide details of every cent that you earn.

If IK had not provided the money trail and tried to hide behind technicalities, I would have been staunch opponent.
Why don't you revisit the verdict and see how technicalities were first line of defence
Courts should remain out of Politics. But unfortunately Sharif's have stuffed the Judiciary / Bar councils with their people. There is no justice in this country.
Courts only interpret the constitution. It's just that you consider IK to be the constitution itself.
Regardless of our political affiliations, I am sure you would agree at least he is not corrupt.
He is corrupt by association.

Supreme court has no role in parliamentary affairs.

The National Assembly is dissolved, elections in 90 days.

fpavelawyagzt6l-jpeg.830137

Courts only interpret the constitution. It's just that you consider IK to be the constitution itself.
Courts are made of persons. And in Pakistan unfortunately persons sitting in those courts are just interpreting the way they seem it fit (according to influencing factors), thats a reality.

Which judge otherwise would give SS bail even when he did not appear in the court? See, that was his (judge's) wrong "interpretation" of law and now spend another 15-20 years to get it corrected.

This is how it works in Pakistan.

He is corrupt by association.

By this definition, EVERY person in Pakistan is corrupt.

Exactly. We have got no affirmation from the military. They were allegedly shown the evidence in question and now when asked their response is "ask the government". Already COAS moved to take a different stance on Ukraine, likely appease the more Western ideals. Does this sound like the action of a subservient COAS who has taken on board PM's claims of a western conspiracy to oust him? No, not at all. If this thing is real, we all agree it should be investigated and brought to light, ruled upon by the letter of the law. I have a strong feeling this document will be leaked at some time, and it will be thoroughly investigated.

The PM claiming a foreign conspiracy means that there's an implication that it has seriously undermined the Sovereignty of Pakistan, it also makes the security establishment seem incompetent and incapable of handling our sovereignty - this is where they have always drawn a red line, hence why I think COAS spoke - it was a signal to say "we're still here, everything is still under (our) control". If MNAs have been paid off or part of a conspiracy and the government says they have all the evidence, it should be a fairly simple matter to bring convictions and bring all this to light instead of waving some piece of paper in a rally.

Brilliant!
Look. As much I support Imran Khan, it will always be Pakistan First! I am an oldie who has seen a lot and I believe that chaos is even worse than corruption and that the issues afflicting Pakistan have their roots in changes of governments over Pakistan's history. And I also believe we need to work with what we have and that is the Const. of Pakistan and follow its writ in letter and spirit. If exceptions are given to Imran Khan today then exceptions would be given to Bilawal Bhutto tomorrow. Today's act by Imran Khan is illegal and unnecessary and the courts should reject it BUT also a way to be found which would allow fresh elections but without violating Const. rights of the opposition unless it can be legally proved that some foreign power is actively behind them.

Living in America for decades, I have to admire that despite all the extremely bitter political divides, Americans instinctively know that chaos is worse than the next govt coming to power which they may intensely hate, and the stability is the bedrock of American progress and prosperity. Failed and failing states have one thing in common: They couldn't handle transitions of power.

Brilliant!
Look. As much I support Imran Khan, it will always be Pakistan First! I am an oldie who has seen a lot and I believe that chaos is even worse than corruption and that the issues afflicting Pakistan have their roots in changes of governments over Pakistan's history. And I also believe we need to work with what we have and that is the Const. of Pakistan and follow its writ in letter and spirit. If exceptions are given to Imran Khan today then exceptions would be given to Bilawal Bhutto tomorrow. Today's act by Imran Khan is illegal and unnecessary and the courts should reject it BUT also a way to be found which would allow fresh elections but without violating Const. rights of the opposition unless it can be legally proved that some foreign power is actively behind them.

Living in America for decades, I have to admire that despite all the extremely bitter political divides, Americans instinctively know that chaos is worse than the next govt coming to power which they may intensely hate, and the stability is the bedrock of American progress and prosperity. Failed and failing states have one thing in common: They couldn't handle transitions of power.

First the culprits needs to be punished according to the constitution.

Than we should go for fresh elections.

Courts are made of persons. And in Pakistan unfortunately persons sitting in those courts are just interpreting the way they seem it fit (according to influencing factors), thats a reality.
That's an eventuality. You cannot take out the human element from it.
Which judge otherwise would give SS bail even when he did not appear in the court? See, that was his (wrong) "interpretation" of law was and now spend another 15-20 years to get it corrected.
It wasn't challenged nor taken up later
By this definition, EVERY person in Pakistan is corrupt
Not every Pakistani goes around saying he amended NAB laws to help friends with ease of business.

Back
Top Bottom