What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bushra Bibi

There are two camps. One thinks that it all started when IK delayed the appointment of the new DG ISI. People in Islamabad think that the decision of delay had something to do with sufism and that didn't go very well with the higher ups who considered it too much involvement in the national security matters. That camp further strengthens its assumption by saying that if the establishment had not been brave enough, it wouldn't have given a serious blow to the NATO forces in Afghanistan covertly.

The other camp says that "hum bilkul hi lait gaey hain" and I am in that camp.

I respectfully disagree. Considering the person who gave your post a positive rating, I would say that there might be some truth to that.

But one thing I know for a fact, is that the govt wanted to continue with Gen Faiz due to the A-stan issue and the upcoming political changes and Russian situation.

In that aspect, it had nothing to do with these superstitions.

Personally, I do think this was the wrong thing to do by the government. Each officer who is at that rank is fully capable, or at least deemed to be fully capable to lead the institution, or any other office within the Army. Moreover, there is a reason commanding officers and DG's etc get replaced after 2 or 3 years, because there is a system, and that should be respected.

But one thing I would say is that, agr yeh process itna important tha, and the transition of power needs to be respected in ther Army, to phir extension kyun li?

COAS ki extension kay waqt bhi IK ki yehi logic thi, that he is comfortable with Bajwa, Bajwa knows the things that are going on, and he would like to continue with Bajwa. With the DG ISI (Gen Faiz), he had the same logic. Aik waqt yeh logic theek hai, doosray waqt ghalat?

In my view, it is wrong both the times. Extensions have no place in the army in peace time, and they completely ruin the order of promotions.

US establishment have given you multiple choice this time... anyone from PPP, PML Or fazlu's party would do it
Even if someone stamps on the back of the ballot, it will be counted as a vote for one of these parties. I don't know why people want a separate option on the ballot paper. It will only waste the printing ink.

I am not saying.. many people in the capital has this view, that the delay had something to do with her. Anyway, truth comes out sooner or later. We know who was behind the judicial murder of Bhutto, so lets wait for another 30-40 years to find out what really happened. Keep an eye on the books written in future by the US senators about current turmoil in Pakistan.
Oh bhai that's all BS, Zia hanged Bhutto and then continued doing everything that Bhutto was hanged for...

Opposition goes out for Iftar, and speaker calls everyone for voting.. give 5 mins to close the doors.. and that's it!:taz:
Or add sleep meds in the Halwa? That way at least the JUIF members could be broken away.

Even if Bushra Bibi wali theory is correct, I will always support the opposite camp of the US because I know, the national interests of Pakistan and the US can't go together.

That is not my case. I would happily accept this theory of Bushra Bibi, Buzdar, etc. etc. etc., provided it is credible. It is not at all. Real reason is gross policy differences between General Bajwa and IK. Both tried to hide them, as far as it was possible; but they started creeping out, about a year ago.

I have not a very high opinion of General Bajwa and his character; but I don't agree with those, who are calling him a sell out. He is not. He is a patriotic person. In his opinion, IK's position, on US, and certain other matters, is not tenable; so General Bajwa, in his own thinking, is acting in a broader national interest. One may agree with him or not.

Bushra Bibi

There are two camps. One thinks that it all started when IK delayed the appointment of the new DG ISI. People in Islamabad think that the decision of delay had something to do with sufism and that didn't go very well with the higher ups who considered it too much involvement in the national security matters. That camp further strengthens its assumption by saying that if the establishment had not been brave enough, it wouldn't have given a serious blow to the NATO forces in Afghanistan covertly.

The other camp says that "hum bilkul hi lait gaey hain" and I am in that camp.

Bottom line is that they are afraid of IK and he can't be controlled by them - it is all about power ultimately. His wife and her influence in his decision making is an easy excuse to spread internally to justify his removal.

US establishment have given you multiple choice this time... anyone from PPP, PML Or fazlu's party would do it
No they are just the local slaves. I wanna vote for the true lords of our nation, not some appointed local slaves. So my vote would have some actual value rather than just a useless exercise!

I respectfully disagree. Considering the person who gave your post a positive rating, I would say that there might be some truth to that.

But one thing I know for a fact, is that the govt wanted to continue with Gen Faiz due to the A-stan issue and the upcoming political changes and Russian situation.

In that aspect, it had nothing to do with these superstitions.

Personally, I do think this was the wrong thing to do by the government. Each officer who is at that rank is fully capable, or at least deemed to be fully capable to lead the institution, or any other office within the Army. Moreover, there is a reason commanding officers and DG's etc get replaced after 2 or 3 years, because there is a system, and that should be respected.

But one thing I would say is that, agr yeh process itna important tha, and the transition of power needs to be respected in ther Army, to phir extension kyun li?

COAS ki extension kay waqt bhi IK ki yehi logic thi, that he is comfortable with Bajwa, Bajwa knows the things that are going on, and he would like to continue with Bajwa. With the DG ISI (Gen Faiz), he had the same logic. Aik waqt yeh logic theek hai, doosray waqt ghalat?

In my view, it is wrong both the times. Extensions have no place in the army in peace time, and they completely ruin the order of promotions.
Sorry I couldn't get you when you say you disagree. Do you disagree with me being in the other camp or disagree with the assumptions being made by the first camp?

It's not just one posting. There have been several transfer postings in the bureaucracy in the recent past.. And bureaucrats believe that they have been done due to the one person. It doesn't mean I share their assumption.

There's nothing more damaging than supporting Zardari (whose father criticized Muhammad Ali Jinnah on air), Maryam, who played a key role in Dawn Leaks, and Fazlu who has recently issued a fatwa that people who are in their camp can leave aitkaaf if the purpose is to give vote to JUIF.. the aitekaaf will not be broken.. but if someone breaks it for PTI, it will be considered a grave sin.

A delay for whatever reason is nothing when compared to the people who are about to form a national government for 5 years at least.

Last edited:
No point anyway. Would not be entertained regardless. Terrible but true. Sharif courts.
Yes it was true, Wajahat Kazmi said this.
بات کچھ ایسی ہے کے، سپریم کورٹ شریف خاندان کا کیس اتوار کو لے لیں گے لیکن حکومت کا نہیں
ایسا کیوں ؟ کیا پی ڈی ایم ذیادہ پاکستانی ہے حکومت سے؟

Back
Top Bottom