What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Imran Khan the journalist quotes Imran Ismail as saying "MQM nay hamain bola keh Zardari nay 17 PTI arkan say hamain milwaya, to aap agr SC say faisla dilwa lain keh yeh permanently disqualify hongay or their votes won't be counted, then we will stay with govt".

Kash SC aik presidential reference ko sort out karnay main bhi itni hi jaldi dikhati, and decide the status of horse trading and selling of votes in assembly.

The law is there to stop horse trading, but ho to phir bhi rahi hai. Give a decision on permanent disqualification ffs.

PTI also played it's card a bit badly IMO. Should have gone for a judicial commission or FIR or some tangible action right at the beginning.

Democracy os a luxury for developed, educated, sophisticated societies.
Countries like Pakistan need totalitarian governments and planned economies to bring them to that level of development, education and sophistication whereby they can benefit from a democratic system.

I have been saying this since ages.

Democracy is for an educated populace, which can differentiate between right and wrong, make decisions for themselves, and think logically.

Is mulk main masjid kay bahir banner laganay par log maray jatay hain, to jamhuriat kay kia kehne.

Is awam par sirf danda hi chal sakta hai. But the risk with a totalitarian government is, what if you get an evil dictator instead of a guy who actually has the good of the country at heart?

Countries like Pakistan need totalitarian governments and planned economies to bring them to that level of development, education and sophistication whereby they can benefit from a democratic system.

Excellent.

Imran in opposition seems the best option at the moment. He should not let the government function and press for early elections.

How likely is this scenario?

Constitution is silent on acceptance of defectors votes so throw it back to SC I say. Let them decide and tell the public if defectors votes are valid or not. If SC decides that votes are valid, it would be rubber stamping floor crossing.

IK will be dangerous for all as opposition leader, more sympathy votes by border liners in next GE. So above plan will be just fine.

Constitution is silent on acceptance of defectors votes so throw it back to SC I say. Let them decide and tell the public if defectors votes are valid or not. If SC decides that votes are valid, it would be rubber stamping floor crossing.

IK will be dangerous for all as opposition leader, more sympathy votes by border liners in next GE. So above plan will be just fine.
If PTI resigns completely can they call for earlier elections ? What about interim government

For last 3.5 years PTIan thrashed PP and PMLN for being anti army and now you cannot even distinguish from their onslaught if they are from pti or the rest of the parties. In fact there is zero difference between all political parties, they all buy lotas, they all take commissions, they all sleep with enemies of Pakistan when it suits them, they all lie, cheat and deceit common folks. It is same shit with different wraps.

I have zero sympathy with current players and their pygmies.

If PTI resigns completely can they call for earlier elections ? What about interim government

No. I don't think so. PDM will appoint a small group from within as friendly opposition to continue and form government. Opposition is required, not fully elected parliament. By elections would be called.

I don't think mass resignations would happen. Public support would increase if IK sits in opposition and you can't fight by being out of the system.

Whataboutery is a weak defence, but it is most appropriate here:

A lot has happened since then. Saniha-e-Sahiwal for example. But your fav government did zilch. Would it not be nice to ask PTI first about all that happened under their watch before you come asking about Model Town?

Aside from the above, I would like to say that when I read the report of the investigative commission that included ISI & MI personnel, I found that there were many unanswered questions in it. There was incitement & violence against police. Some of the bodies had positive angle shots (meaning someone firing from a height) & since police was not deployed at a height, it was not clear who shot them, with suspicion falling on the abettors of violence, i.e. someone from the rioters themselves since they were occupying heights (buildings). Also, nobody thereafter bothered to ask upon whose abetment & instigation was the mosque loudspeaker proclaiming 'Jihad' against police who had a court order to remove road obstacles. Model Town is not a very straight story. Miscreants should have complied with court orders. Having said that, I do not imply at all the killing rioters was justified. The police & those who were giving instructions should have faced the consequences via law.

Being CM, SS should take responsibility & be accountable. How law takes its course is not up to me. In this country, IK was proclaimed absconder when he took oath as PM. So, in this country there are no fixed rules to deal with misuse of power & accountability of decision-makers. Take a look at the PTV Attack case, despite overwhelming evidence, both IK & Arif Alvi got away & have never faced any accountability.

Oh we saw the country being fed to the dogs, then opposition got together & did something about it.

Why worry & complain, then? We got what we deserved. End of story.

Yes. We plainly saw how mafias got together & looted. Each & every member of those mafias was either a personal friend of IK, or a donor to SKMCH, or a facilitator of IK's politics, or a loud-mouth employed just because of spewing abuse, etc.... They all made money off their positions while working for IK. All their investment was repaid a hundred fold. Apna Jaani jab PM ho, to fikar kesi?
You should've seen how much seats in Gilgit-baltistan minstery including the CM seat were getting sold.
Ali amin Gandapur got fat stacks of cash, then got drunk on that money.

How's life going in the UK Btw?

No. I don't think so. PDM will appoint a small group from within as friendly opposition to continue and form government. Opposition is required, not fully elected parliament. By elections would be called.

I don't think mass resignations would happen. Public support would increase if IK sits in opposition and you can't fight by being out of the system.

Looking at the current situation this comes to mind wrt to PDM and the incoming govt.

For last 3.5 years PTIan thrashed PP and PMLN for being anti army and now you cannot even distinguish from their onslaught if they are from pti or the rest of the parties. In fact there is zero difference between all political parties, they all buy lotas, they all take commissions, they all sleep with enemies of Pakistan when it suits them, they all lie, cheat and deceit common folks. It is same shit with different wraps.

I have zero sympathy with current players and their pygmies.
Need an authoritarian regime , democracy doesn't work in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom