What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Speaker would send notice to ECP to disqualify them. That's normal process however Minority seats MNAs can be removed by party leader and replaced, and others who won on PTI ticket (not independents) therefore they can be thrown out of PTI as well. I am just trying to understand the implications of this internal party action on them retaining their MNA seat.

Disqualification, on account of defection, is quite a long process. During that period the defecting member would not only be voting against his party, but also in favor of the Opposite parties. In fact, our Constitution encourages and supports horse trading.

Speaker would send notice to ECP to disqualify them. That's normal process however Minority seats MNAs can be removed by party leader and replaced, and others who won on PTI ticket (not independents) therefore they can be thrown out of PTI as well. I am just trying to understand the implications of this internal party action on them retaining their MNA seat.

In one of the Vlog, I heard that PDM has a plan if the PTI resign en masse with about 135 members excluding the lotas.

It's like that PDM will create a fake opposition of about 40-45, more/less, members that includes the members from MQM and BAP, others(indep.) and the PTI lotas and appoint an opposition leader as well, so as to give an impression that Assembly can still function even if PTI's 135 member resigns.

Resigning is like leaving the field open to PDM for all sorts of manipulation and management, crooked mostly.

There are chances that EC will save the lotas for PDM to use them as opposition, who knows.

Should not leave the goal post open to them.

@Areesh

Last edited:
ادھر اُدھر کی نا بات کر، یہ بتا قافلا کیوں لُٹا
مجھے رہزنوں سےگلا نہیں ، تیری رہبری کا سوال ہے

May God bless America. :usflag:

In one of the Vlog, I heard that PDM has a plan if the PTI resign en masse with about 135 members excluding the lotas.

It's like that PDM will create a fake opposition of about 40-45, more/less, members that includes the members from MQM and BAP, others(indep.) and the PTI lotas and appoint an opposition leader as well, so as to give an impression that Assembly can still function even if PTI's 135 members resigns.

Resigning is like leaving the field open to PDM for all sorts of manipulation and management, crooked mostly.

There are chances that EC will save the lotas for PDM to use them as opposition, who knows.

Should not leave the goal post open to them.

@Areesh

PTI should not resign. That would be a political suicide.

Leader of the opposition is still a very powerful position as far as some key decisions regarding election commission etc are concerned.

What is this ideological movement you speak of? Only difference I've seen with Imran is his anti-Americanism. It has a lot of traction in Pakistan because of America's unappreciative demands from Pakistan on WoT. Anti - Americanism has compounded in Pakistan because America's natural tilt towards India because mutual interests on the China 'problem'. If you think Imran's ideology is related to Islamic welfare state and things like that, then it is easy for any other political party to poach that ideology. Real 'welfarism' is a luxury of the rich who are blessed with a large per capita availability of resources. South Asia does not have that luxury. If you think that Imran is 'corruption - free' ruler, then I've already explained that there is no such thing anywhere in the world. Every tom, dick and harry can start a party with claims that they will eliminate corruption. But will that stop an average traffic cop from making a quick buck?

What Hindutva is for Modi, I see anti-Americanism is for Imran. I think anti-Americanism is actually detrimental to Pakistani interest. The American political leadership today may have some misgivings with Pakistan because of the botched Taliban handover. But this will easily fade over time and Americans will deal with Pakistan as they deal with every other major country in a mutually beneficial bilateral basis. :cheers:

I don't have a good response but sort of think you are right. In some other thread....

Present Situation

April 7th , 2022 :
Prime Minister Honorable Imran Khan (Care Taker till 15 days)

April 7th , 2022 : National Assemblies are dissolved

April 7th , 2022 : National Elections to be held in 90 Days

April 7th , 2022 : Supreme Court , gave their "Opinion" on matter
no power over Assembly

April 7th , 2022 : Prime Minister will think about the Opinion

Heading towards
Prime Minister Hold Meeting with National Security Council, discusses the current crisis and Supreme courts , not reviewing article 63A and threat letter

If Prime Minister and Military are on same page issue is resolved we have peaceful elections as people of Pakistan wants

April 8th 2022 :
  • Prime Minister Imposes 90 Days Emergency after consulting with National Security council
  • Military takes charge ensures elections are held in 90 days

April 9th Saturday
Everyone go home spend time with their family

konsi dunya maiN rehtay ho bhai?

SC has even restricted PM / President power till their verdict is carried out fully.

It is a practical judicial Marshal Law right now.

How confident are you that this will happen?

Well National Security council gathering discussed the Danger and implication of the foreign letter , it is matter of National Security , not Supreme court

So it falls under Decision making of Prime Minister /President and Military

The Supreme court has no say in matters of National Security & and they can't tell Prime Minister of Pakistan what he should do in Assembly session it violates the position of Prime Minister and President of Pakistan

They had a opinion on Subject , it was considered by Prime Minister and no action is due on it

Supreme court can't force Prime Minister or President to do any action as their "Authority" is limited can't be enforced on Assembly proceedings

Supreme court can't invest "fiction" from their random meetup call they should focus on court cases against Sharif family

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom