What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
People here don't realize that they are often like the 'Modi Bakths' of India. And woe to them if/when Imran Khan dies because there is no alternative to them in their cultist minds.

People don't realize that Imran Khan was the first Prime Minister of Pakistan since 1971/72 (ZAB) where total support and trust was given to a Prime Minister by the Military. Since then, all other Prime Ministers were carefully selected or tamed or put on short leash; even Imran has not been as free as ZAB, actually.

But for Imran to squander such a support in such a short time? How about some self reflections??? I know that that the politicians and the politics of Pakistan has changed from the early 1980s--money become much more important over ideology--but how has 'the Establishment' of Pakistan changed to the point as being alleged here? Maybe the Establishment of Pakistan knows which side of the bread being buttered while Mr. Imran Khan poses some ideological battle from his ivory tower??
It’s true, many of us get overly fixated on the personality of IK, that all most of us, IMHO, want is a functional non-corrupt government and hopefully good economic manager. Alas, when we look around, he seems like the only decent option, and he has raised the bar on governance, that we don’t want to go back to stagnation of the past.

I agree, that PTI badly needs to do a through review of their performance over the coming 17 months. Sad as it maybe to say, but how the opposition governs (or misgoverns) over the next 17 months may be the biggest boost to the PTI’s prospects in the 2023 elections. PTI has earned its populist credentials, but will have to formulate a better diplomatic and economic plan, despite the headwinds.

Present Situation

April 7th , 2022 :
Prime Minister Honorable Imran Khan (Care Taker till 15 days)

April 7th , 2022 : National Assemblies are dissolved

April 7th , 2022 : National Elections to be held in 90 Days

April 7th , 2022 : Supreme Court , gave their "Opinion" on matter
no power over Assembly

April 7th , 2022 : Prime Minister will think about the Opinion

Heading towards
Prime Minister Hold Meeting with National Security Council, discusses the current crisis and Supreme courts , not reviewing article 63A and threat letter

If Prime Minister and Military are on same page issue is resolved we have peaceful elections as people of Pakistan wants

April 8th 2022 :
  • Prime Minister Imposes 90 Days Emergency after consulting with National Security council
  • Military takes charge ensures elections are held in 90 days

April 9th Saturday
Everyone go home spend time with their family

Last edited:
Who will disqualify the Munharif PTI MNA's and when. Will it be on the NCV day with denotifying them by the speaker after voting. Or the case will be in SC.

Speaker would send notice to ECP to disqualify them. That's normal process however Minority seats MNAs can be removed by party leader and replaced, and others who won on PTI ticket (not independents) therefore they can be thrown out of PTI as well. I am just trying to understand the implications of this internal party action on them retaining their MNA seat.

Dont shoot missiles at us. Stop oppression of Muslims in india and Kashmir period.
I had enough bad experience with Indians on the net.
You seem like a decent fellow though.
Being honest with you...

I didn't shoot a missile to you. I am living in Dubai. I don't have any plans to shoot a missile to you in future as well.

I am from Kerala, who never allowed BJP to set a foot because we live in a harmony, and we are the citizens of India who trended twitter with #pomonemodi hash tag when Modi visited kerala, which literally mean "Get lost modi". You can Google if you want to know the meaning of that word.

Oppression of Muslim: I am not a supporter of Oppression of any people. Infact, I do eat my lunch at my muslim friends houses during my vacation. At my place we don't know what Oppression means. And we are afraid to go North

Present Situation

April 7th , 2022 :
no power over Assembly

Heading towards

April 8th 2022 :
  • Prime Minister Imposes 90 Days Emergency after consulting with National Security council
PM can't without approval from parliament

فیصل بھٹی

@Bhatti_72

پاکستانیوں یاد رکھنا چیف جسٹس عمر عطا بندیال کی بیٹی سحر بندیال نون لیگ کے پرویز ملک کی بہو ہے مطلب پرویز ملک کے بیٹے بیرسٹر احمد پرویز ملک کے بیوی ہے انکی شادی 2013 میں ہوئی تھی​

2:31 PM · Apr 7, 2022·

General Bajwa has proven to be a thorough scoundrel and rascal.

Sakoon Bhai Sakoon. Suta mar chill ker.
ابے کیا سٹا ماروں؟ یہ چور جمع ہوکر بیغیرتی کررہے ہیں۔ سپریم کورٹ کے جج خود چوروں کے ساتھی ہیں۔ پاکستان کو افطاری کے سموسوں کے طرح کھانے بیٹھے ہیں۔وہ دیکھو چوزہ بلاول جس کو تم اپنی شادی کے باہر مفت ناچنے پر بھی اندر نہ آنے دو، حکومت کرنے کے خواب دیکھتا ہے۔اوپر سے زلیل برادران اور تیسرا وہ ڈیزل۔

بیغیرت

Last edited:
PM can't without approval from parliament

As National Assemblies are dissolved

Supreme court does not have authority to temper with Assembly proceedings
Otherwise why have assemblies just go to Supreme court for su moto

Prime Minister is a care taker Prime Minister by Law he has authority to make any decision till next government or care taker Prime Minister is elected

If during the 90 day period he feels that Pakistan is facing a danger or threat , he can connect with National Security council and simply ask them to impose Emergency till elections are held in 90 days time

Rank
Prime Minister
President
Assembly Speaker (Back up President)
Military (Airforce - Army - Navy)
Parliament
Supreme Court

Currently
Rank
Prime Minister
President
Assembly Speaker (Back up President)

Military (Airforce - Army - Navy)
Parliament
Supreme Court

Prime Minister is highest Rank person
He can call Emergency anytime after consult with National Security Council

Last edited:
One Area where the Govt. has done exceptionally well is foreign policy. Although, IK visit to Russia at a time when Ukraine War began, was it too blunt? Did the Establishment decide to balance out things by openly favouring the west? This way the regional block and the western powers both can be satisfied somehow maybe. After the "erroneous" ruling of speaker i thought maybe IK would throw out bajwa before calling in new elections because that way he would have nothing else to loose, that is if the chief is really after him. IK preached and preached not to give extensions to Raheel Sharif even if war going on and still he gave extension to bajwa, did he feel his government would be secured by that move? who is to blame? I see many people here saying Coas is the real culprit behind all this, so why not remove him still? why not show bravery on that front.

Also it is being suggested about mass resignations here, would that be helpful? shouldn't they stay in assemblies and fight till the end? would the assemblies dissolve if they all resign or there would be elections on the emptied seats and what would be the outcome?

Anyways let's see what happens in the next couple days, what if the govt. still blocks the process by some other mean, would the SC again interfere? choohay billi ka khel na ban jaye.

Present Situation

April 7th , 2022 :

no power over Assembly

Heading towards
Prime Minister Hold Meeting with National Security Council, discusses the current crisis and Supreme courts , not reviewing article 63A and threat letter

If Prime Minister and Military are on same page issue is resolved we have peaceful elections as people of Pakistan wants

April 8th 2022 :
  • Military takes charge ensures elections are held in 90 days

April 9th Saturday
Everyone go home spend time with their family
How confident are you that this will happen?

Back
Top Bottom