What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not resignation letters but notices to party members and PTI defectors to be present and vote for govt in National Assembly tomorrow, or else face "Na-ehli".
could be but why he will do in party? i meant he sent notices before to defectors but not like this

Here's my opinion
FPXH77hWUAYu6ex.jpeg

Let's see what happens TMR

From Imran Khan's interview to Imran Riaz Khan from a few hours ago: Dissident MNAs are reaching out to Imran Khan, realizing their mistake. And supposedly, it would take only a phone call from the Establishment for these Lotas to change their direction; they are called 'Lotas' for a good reason!

And I think mass resignations would have to be accepted first by the Speaker to take effect and even then only if a minority resigns then might not matter. This is an unlikely scenario and I don't know the legal implications IF that happens. But I do know that Imran Khan has changed his position and is now asking all his party members to show up for the NCV vote. Interesting!!

PS. Unlike the breast-beating Pakistanis here--I have been saying that I don't see how the opposition is going to come out ahead in this whole drama. Imran Khan will win either tomorrow or shortly after that!

could be but why he will do in party? i meant he sent notices before to defectors but not like this
Article#63A.

Disqualification on grounds of defection, etc.
(1)If a member of a Parliamentary Party composed of a single political party in a House-
(a)resigns from membership of his political party or joins another Parliamentary Party; or
(b)votes or abstains from voting in the House contrary to any direction issued by the Parliamentary Party to which he belongs, in relations to-
(i)election of the Prime Minister or the Chief Minister; or
(ii)a vote of confidence or a vote of no-confidence; or
(iii)a Money Bill or a Constitution (Amendment) Bill;
he may be declared in writing by the Party Head to have defected from the political party, and the Head of the Parliamentary Party may forward a copy of the declaration to the Presiding Officer, and shall similarly forward a copy thereof to the member concerned:
Provided that before making the declaration, the Party Head shall provide such member with an opportunity to show cause as to why such declaration may not be made against him.
Explanation: "Party Head" means any person, by whatever name called, declared as such by the Party.

Either vote for the party or face disqualification.

From Imran Khan's interview to Imran Riaz Khan from a few hours ago: Dissident MNAs are reaching out to Imran Khan, realizing their mistake. And supposedly, it would take only a phone call from the Establishment for these Lotas to change their direction; they are called 'Lotas' for a good reason!

And I think mass resignations would have to be accepted first by the Speaker to take effect and even then only if a minority resigns then might not matter. This is an unlikely scenario and I don't know the legal implications IF that happens. But I do know that Imran Khan has changed his position and is now asking all his party members to show up for the NCV vote. Interesting!!

PS. Unlike the breast-beating Pakistanis here--I have been saying that I don't see how the opposition is going to come out ahead in this whole drama. Imran Khan will win either tomorrow or shortly after that!
Imran will surely win if the game is played fairly

Those ousting him now
Will they allow him back in power??

Imran might accept tomorrow's defeat but he will unleash if he's defeated in general election which will be real chaos

With mass resignations, assembly will dissolve, hence vote of no confidence would become invalidated

Isn't the result of that early elections? and wasn't that one of the three options allegedly offered to him anyway?

Clues maybe hidden in this video. Imran Khan is quite confident. And here we are talking about only 6-7 votes to swing. I distinctly remember when such a move happened against Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto (1989/90?) and the drama around that. She scraped by with a few votes to survive. And at that time, the Establishment of Pakistan was against her. And eventually toppled her.

Clues maybe hidden in this video. Imran Khan is quite confident. And here we are talking about only 6-7 votes to swing. I distinctly remember when such a move happened against Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto (1989/90?) and the drama around that. She scraped by with a few votes to survive. And at that time, the Establishment of Pakistan was against her. And eventually toppled her.

Benzair used the whole government machinery to buy the votes through loans, lands, money and what not. IK refuses to do any of these otherwise he would sail through easily.

She was a corrupt individual unlike khan.. her properties abroad are a living proof of it.

Isn't the result of that early elections? and wasn't that one of the three options allegedly offered to him anyway?
Yes. PM Imran Khan offered new elections if opposition withdraw no confidence motion. Opposition refused

And at that time, the Establishment of Pakistan was against her. And eventually toppled her.
Benazir survived no confidence motion through horse trading. When President of Pakistan toppled her govt, and she went to court, the Patwari judge at that time Tarrar wrote extensively about this horse trading and thus upheld president's move.

It looks like PM Imran Khan is going for the nuclear option of mass resignation of all PTI MNAs from the assembly either before or after vote of no confidence. What do you think?
View attachment 829821
View attachment 829822

@ziaulislam @Patriot forever @Jazzbot @farok84 @HRK @koolio @Del @Verve @Dual Wielder @Sainthood 101 @Jungibaaz @blain2 @krash @Horus @waz @ghazi52 @Zibago @Areesh @Windjammer
That would be blunder since govt will have free hand in the parliment and will legislate things out of control

It will only work if he has street support which he doesnt has in punjab

Repeat of drama of 1990s
Now people think this will lead to khushhali

Benzair used the whole government machinery to buy the votes through loans, lands, money and what not. IK refuses to do any of these otherwise he would sail through easily.

Yes.
And those she was fighting against were equally, if not more, corrupt and well entrenched since 1977. And they had the support of the Establishment too.
But that's for another discussion. My point was that Pakistan has been through such political machinations before-- 'horse trading'. Actually, an American friend texted me a few days ago, wanting to know what's happening with the hoopla in Pakistan. I said 'Dirty politics. Buying votes to topple a govt'. He replied: 'Oh, like we do here!' Hahahah!

That would be blunder since govt will have free hand in the parliment and will legislate things out of control

It will only work if he has street support which he doesnt has in punjab

Repeat of drama of 1990s
Now people think this will lead to khushhali
With mass resignations, assembly automatically becomes dysfunctional. So there will be no new govt until after fresh elections

Back
Top Bottom