What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
As the folklore goes... When bhagdad was under siege and about to be taken by Halagu Khan in 1257. Scholars were busy debating the length of miswak somewhere in the city.

These SC judges are tunnel visioned, debating the length of miswak here.

In Layman, SC will say the ruling is probably wrong but we cannot change the ruling as SC has no jurisdiction over parliamentary affairs. If we changed this ruling then everything that is done by the speaker in the past and in the future will be brought to SC.

Really hard to see how they can overturn the speaker's ruling.

رولنگ غلط ہے، اب آگے چلیں، کیا کرنا ہے؟؟؟ اب قانون پر نہیں ملکی مفاد پر دلائل دیں، اس سارے بحران سے نکلنے کا حل کیا ہے؟ پندرہ منٹ بعد ہم آتے ہیں، سب سوچیں اور دلائل دیں، چیف جسٹس پاکستان جسٹس عمر عطا بندیال

Yeah I think we are going towards election.

Justice Jamal wants everything to be returned back the way it is as on the morning of April 03 just before the session.

Abbyyyyyyyyyy

Unka faisla de diya ruling ghalt hai

Ab hamara bhi dedo jaldi election hoga

That was decided last night

I think article 69 is being misinterpreted here, It does not give Parliament a free ride to violate the constitution. Anyways it's the SCP's decision at the end of the day, let's see what they say.
Parliament makes the constitution. Anything that happens in parliament cannot be challenged in any court of Pakistan

ایک وضاحت، رولنگ کو اس بنیاد پر غلط نہیں کہا گیا کہ اس عدم اعتماد کے پیچھے امریکہ نہیں ہے، عدالت کا نکتہ یہ ہے کہ جس دن ووٹنگ ہونا تھی اس دن رولنگ نہیں دی جا سکتی تھی، جس دن تحریک عدم اعتماد پیش کرنے کی منظوری دی گئی اس دن اسپیکر اگر رولنگ دیتا تو معاملہ کچھ اور تھا.

I think article 69 is being misinterpreted here, It does not give Parliament a free ride to violate the constitution. Anyways it's the SCP's decision at the end of the day, let's see what they say.
Yep, Article 69 has constitutional limits as defined by Article 67. Even the governments lawyers in the quotes I’ve seen seem reluctant to try to argue that the court has no jurisdiction at all, rather they’re pointing to a lack of historical precedence in court “interference” in parliamentary matters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom