What's new

PM Imran Khan vs Opposition No Confidence Vote- Updates and Discussion

Master stoke

• Right decision

• Wrong decision

• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
If they could manage to secure empowered local bodies system in sindh then it's a "fair deal" given the circumstances.

If PPP actually wanted to "empower local bodies" then they wouldn't have brought that local bodies act just two months ago against which literally every political party protested

you are right MQM main competitor is PTI not PPP but PTI has indeed offered them also Sindh governorship also. But they seems to be more interested in Karachi administrator position which is currently run by F Wahab who has resigned this morning.
Really Murtaza Wahab has resigned? Didn't see that on his Twitter or in news.

Last edited:
You seem to be from Karachi.

What do you think? Will this alliance of MQM with PPP hurt MQM in elections or no?

This would have hurt MQM if PTI had actually done something for Karachi after 2018 elections

But PTI was more interested in keeping PPP happy and honoring 18th amendment

So don't think this would hurt MQM a lot

Really Murtaza Wahan has resigned? Didn't see that on his Twitter or in news.

He hasn't resigned yet. He would reign later

If PPP actually wanted to "empower local bodies" then they wouldn't have brought that local bodies act just two months ago against which literally every political party protested
Correct. MQM is happily falling in their trap YET again. Also MQM still has influence from London. Irshulul abad from Dubai played a role to get MQM opposition talks started earlier this month.

Really Murtaza Wahan has resigned? Didn't see that on his Twitter or in news.
Saw on tv

Correct. MQM is happily falling in their trap YET again. Also MQM still has influence from London. Irshulul abad from Dubai played a role to get MQM opposition talks started earlier this month.

Saw on tv
So if IK loses the vote. I think he can still force general elections by mass resigning from KPK and Punjab. I am not sure how that works.

So if IK loses the vote. I think he can still force general elections by mass resigning from KPK and Punjab. I am not sure how that works.
yes general elections will take place anyways but Pervaiz Elahi wants atlleast 8-10 months in power also PTI ideally wants to finish some projects and initiate some for marketing themselves before going for general elections. Also it will favor PTI if new govt setup is not able to control inflation in the next few months.

Haha so all the shouting and jumping that PP destroyed sindh and karachi but then make a deal with zardari. Such hypocrisy and ppl will again vote for them.

Yep, it's why all those useless posts about Karachi were so tiresome, they are part of the problem not solution for Pakistan

If MQM decides to go with the opposition, it will be end of their political careers at next elections, people will never forgive their betrayal at this critical moment.

Pee Pee Pee has done nothing for a good part of 14 years of their rule in Sindh, what good will they do now.

If a vote of no confidence happens

Then IK has a year to clear his party, pick honest politicians and appeal to the people

In the meantime the opposition will create economic chaos as they try to use state funds to give lollipops to people to convince them to vote for them

When Karachi used to ask PTI - Do something for Karachi

PTI Reply: We are powerless after 18th amendment - can't do anything.

So, MQM may be that's why drifting towards PPP? PTI did some for Karachi though.

Well, Karachiites know PPP doesn't have much good history in Karachi/Sindh.

PPP is not trusted here in Karachi.

MQM has not decided yet - Wait for bit days. Government team is coming to meet MQM

PTI does have support in Karachi but we don't like how they focus just on KP, Punjab and leave Karachi at mercy of PPP....

Karachiites also know Americans don't like Khan and may after his government.

I personally wish good for Khan. He is rare guy. I wish him good luck for his government.

Hope he secures his government as this No Confidence Vote has US backing - I personally may not want MQM to become part of this nefarious design.

When Karachi used to ask PTI - Do something for Karachi

PTI Reply: We are powerless after 18th amendment - can't do anything.

So, MQM may be that's why drifting towards PPP? PTI did some for Karachi though.

Well, Karachiites know PPP doesn't have much good history in Karachi/Sindh.

PPP is not trusted here in Karachi.

MQM has not decided yet - Wait for bit days. Government team is coming to meet MQM

PTI does have support in Karachi but we don't like how they focus just on KP, Punjab and leave Karachi at mercy of PPP....

Karachiites also know Americans don't like Khan and may after his government.

I personally wish good for Khan. He is rare guy. I wish him good luck for his government.

Hope he secures his government as this No Confidence Vote has US backing - I personally may not want MQM to become part of this nefarious design.

Yes but MQM is as a corrupt as the rest, they will support the corrupt opposition for gain and then our society will get no change and people like you will make more posts about how Karachi is shit

You seem to be from Karachi.

What do you think? Will this alliance of MQM with PPP hurt MQM in elections or no?

Yup. Nobody I mean no true muhajir would ever align with PPP. Murtaza Wahab is looked upon as a house nigger ( if you know what I mean). It is in the history. The interest of PPP and the interest of muhajir people are not same , in fact they are diametrically opposed to each other. Most of their alliances in the past were short lived and broke down anyway. Pretty sure the same will happen in the future. Anyone who thinks that PPP and MQM can go along clearly doesn't live in Sindh or know ground realities. The only muhajir people who would ever align with PPP are sell outs who don't really care about the interest of muhajir people at large.

I actually met with a MQM MNA back in 2013 and told him that the actions of his party members are creating strong disillusionment among muhajir people. The regular bhatte ki parchiyan , target killing , abduction and etc of their own people , is dwindling the support MQM enjoys. I also told him that neither sindhis nor establishment care about muhajir people and if there is a future operation against MQM ( which did happen 3 years later) , you won't find muhajirs dying to protect the party.... Needless to say , he didn't care and thought that just like they rode other operations in the past with the support of muhajir people , it will be the same in the future.....

I have met with many MQM workers , sector , unit and some people sitting in parliament and almost all of them were clearly oblivious or ignorant or possible they knew or pretended otherwise to the fact that genuine support of MQM was dwindling rapidly due to party's anti muhajir actions in the city.

As far the alliance goes and its implications when it comes to next elections ; definitely. Muhajir people would rather vote for PTI(who didn't really deliver as per expectations) or any other party than vote for PPP. MQM will always have a die hard group despite everything and will be able to win few seats here and there but the iron fist rule they enjoyed will never come unless they break off their alliance with PPP and actually work for the betterment of muhajir people. In fact , we might see resurgence of Jamat - i - islami if both PTI and MQM fail to deliver. I can't accurately predict the future , but if things move as they right now , MQM will not perform well in next elections and we might see the revival of Jamat i islami in Karachi.

I saw a tweet from a PPP linked Journalist last month that the establishment is trying to reach out to Altaf Hussain again. This is before the VONC episode started.

Lets wait till the VONC.

If things stay the way they are, its time to completely expose the fat cunt, jis ke tangain kaanpte hn.

The new elections will not favor pti. The establishment which is bringing down khan wont let him come back in power again. Without evm and overseas voter, rigging the elections wont be tough for them. Just like 2013 pti will be limited to 35 seats beside being the most popular party. Khan must had oust the bajwa in the midst of jalsa

What stops Zardari from throwing them out after this no confidence motion?

Back
Top Bottom