• Master stoke

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is major problems which cannot be solved in Pakistan
Nation is un educated
Polititions only care for there politics
Establishment interfeara in politics
Constitution is there to play politics
You forgot the judiciary

The most important things to note when comparing last example (Qasim Suri) with other 6 are:

1). Qasim Suri did not dissolve the NA. He merely declared no confidence motion null and void as it did not satisfy the criteria(s). He read the order of the Speaker.

2). In last example, President dissolved NA on the advice of PM (in none of the all other 6 examples the assembly was dissolved on the advice of PM of Pakistan).

3). One of the main objectives of SC is to see the public reaction to action taken. This is the most important objective of SC, and has been mentioned in the Order of The Day by SC. There is complete peace in the country, no army has been called, no emergency has been imposed, all constitutional rights of citizens of Pakistan are in place. In all the other 6 examples, there were protests, emergency was imposed or constitutional rights were abrogated, or army was called.
Quite informative.

It could be that the court decides that there was a violation, but the assembly cannot be restored, in which case it is a PTI strategic victory, and a opposition pyyrhic victory.

I still get the feeling that the SC is gonna pull something out of their collective asses and screw Pakistan.

Either way, this entire situation is a circus show.

The most important things to note when comparing last example (Qasim Suri) with other 6 are:

1). Qasim Suri did not dissolve the NA. He merely declared no confidence motion null and void as it did not satisfy the criteria(s). He read the order of the Speaker.

2). In last example, President dissolved NA on the advice of PM (in none of the all other 6 examples the assembly was dissolved on the advice of PM of Pakistan).

3). One of the main objectives of SC is to see the public reaction to action taken. This is the most important objective of SC, and has been mentioned in the Order of The Day by SC. There is complete peace in the country, no army has been called, no emergency has been imposed, all constitutional rights of citizens of Pakistan are in place. In all the other 6 examples, there were protests, emergency was imposed or constitutional rights were abrogated, or army was called.

Very true.

I am most surprised that anchors sitting on TV are equating this with those instances. The speaker did not dissolve the assembly.

The speaker only rejected the motion. All that came after, the letter to the president, the dissolution etc is in itself totally legal. It is only the rejection of the motion which is in question.

If the court has taken such a quick notice, then I believe it will have a workaround to article 69, even though one day back they returned a similar petition.

As a lawyer said, SC can take notice in case of a grave illegality.
For those that are curious, here's article 69

Courts not to inquire into proceedings of Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)

69. (1) The validity of any proceedings in 1​
[Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] shall not be called in question on the ground of any irregularity of procedure.​
(2) No officer or member of 1 [Majlis-e-Shoora Parliament)] in whom powers are vested by or under the Constitution for regulating procedure or the conduct of business, or for maintaining order in 1​
[Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)], shall be subject to the jurisdiction of any court in respect of the exercise by him of those powers.​
(3) In this Article, 1 [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] has the same meaning as in Article 66​
XxxxX​

In other words, the court's hands are tied, and they may not be able to do anything about the decision to dismiss the NCV itself.

Last edited:
If the court has taken such a quick notice, then I believe it will have a workaround to article 69, even though one day back they returned a similar petition.

As a lawyer said, SC can take notice in case of a grave illegality.
what was the illegality if same thing SC returned day before yesterday saying we can not get involve in parliament matter?

Quite informative.

It could be that the court decides that there was a violation, but the assembly cannot be restored, in which case it is a PTI strategic victory, and a opposition pyyrhic victory.

I still get the feeling that the SC is gonna pull something out of their collective asses and screw Pakistan.

Thank you.

One needs to note the following from the Supreme Court's Order of The Day Today:

1. SC has not given any short term reprieve to opposition today. SC could have, and had the authority to, undo the Speaker's and President's decision till there is a final verdict from SC.

2. Sunday (3rd April) was the last day (7th day) for the counting of vote of no confidence. If there was any chance of reverting the process, it was Sunday 3rd April. It is a constitutional binding. SC is a constitutional organ, she cannot go beyond constitution. There cannot be any counting after 7th day and SC must be aware of this caveat. Since SC did not give any reprieve to the opposition, this provides a window in the thinking of process of SC.

All opposition had to do was wait for another year for IK to dig his own grave no? But no halwa poori khai aur ab tattian lg gai.

Not really. PTi would have gone for extension for a year citing electoral reforms like EVM or census.

Thank you.

One needs to note the following from the Supreme Court's Order of The Day Today:

1. SC has not given any short term reprieve to opposition today. SC could have, and had the authority to, undo the Speaker's and President's decision till there is a final verdict from SC.

I have read the SC actually rejected the petition of PPP to undo the actions of the speaker.

Right now, the proceedings are under suo motu, not on PPP's petition.

Very true.

I am most surprised that anchors sitting on TV are equating this with those instances. The speaker did not dissolve the assembly.

The speaker only rejected the motion. All that came after, the letter to the president, the dissolution etc is in itself totally legal. It is only the rejection of the motion which is in question.

True ..... to cover that, Speaker has provided a detailed verdict. This will be presented to SC if the court takes up the applications and the case. To me it seems that nothing will happen because people are overjoyed with the outcome. SC may deliver something on 63-A, which has been pending from last week; or may hear both cases together.

It seems that Govt. was well prepared. They read the tabled no confidence motion well, deliberated on it for 7-days, prepared a case against it in case the matter goes to SC.

SC is not an idiot.... if they declare the speaker's decision null n void then tomorrow on every issue, the loser side will go to SC aur istarhan tu jo SC ka kema banayga they are incapable to deal with.

I have read the SC actually rejected the petition of PPP to undo the actions of the speaker.

Right now, the proceedings are under suo motu, not on PPP's petition.

Yes! ... this is correct only for now. But we don't know if opposition is planning to file more applications.

Suo moto was taken on prompting from that idiot, Qazi Faiz Issa.

Defence Attache` was there... this is enough to endorse Kha's narrative lol Khan nay game opposition kay saath baad may dala hey pehlay jo usnay GHQ kay pandoon kay saath kya haina LOL

Quite informative.

That’s what concerns me their a$$ pit is deep they can pull anything out of it.

IMG-20220404-WA0013.jpg

True ..... to cover that, Speaker has provided a detailed verdict. This will be presented to SC if the court takes up the applications and the case. To me it seems that nothing will happen because people are overjoyed with the outcome. SC may deliver something on 63-A, which has been pending from last week; or may hear both cases together.

It seems that Govt. was well prepared. They read the tabled no confidence motion well, deliberated on it for 7-days, prepared a case against it in case the matter goes to SC.

True.

Moreover, I am sure the SC does not want to go against precedent, and open another can of worms for itself.

Har koi phir speaker ki ruling ko SC lay jaye ga.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom