What's new

PM Imran Khan press conference in Iran Today | Peace Mission | 13 October 2019

bloody hell, I have low IQ. Let's all prostate to english.
Bro, don't keep calling yourself low-IQed. None has implied that. But if you're so concerned about the national symbolism then he has that covered as well since he wears national dress on every international forum ... be it meeting with PoTUS or UNGA.

Speaking English at international forums is not a bad thing. In fact IK has been the most successful in foreign affair fronts one of the reasons is his ability to speak fluent English extemporally and convey the message effectively.

Earlier he told all world, it was requested by MBS.

Trump Administration publicaly announced war with Iran subject to Saudi node.
May be you missed that part.

i didn’t miss anything.

Trump personally asked Imran Khan to mediate as did the Saudis.

you should read the news so you don’t make these sorts of silly posts.

Yes. Common sense. And especially at this most crucial time in Pakistani history that every advantage to be used.... Hiding behind shallow nationalism like Modi UN speech in Hindi vs Imran Khan's well received speech in English..
Everything has a temporal and spatial context. I'm totally against speeches in English in our parliament...in fact there should be complete ban on that for all elected members. Only Urdu should be used and same goes for all the rules and constitution. Everything should be written in the national language. However as far as international audience is concerned, yes there's no problem in using English or any other appropriate language. For example, even American ambassador speaks Urdu... in fact I have heard Russian, German and Japanese ambassadors speaking good Urdu...... but people won't understand and he taking Iran as some sort of role model while Iran lags behind in this key area due to her false and exaggerated nationalism which is really disgusting when experienced personally.

The Founder of Pakistan barely spoke Urdu. And yet he won a lot of admiration globally for his wit and depth of knowledge while impeccably dressed in Western clothes, smoking cigars...

Imran speaking in Urdu wouldn't promote the cause of Pakistan or even Urdu when English is the Ligua Franca of the world and when Pakistan really needs to get its message across very clearly without the need for translation... Modi Hindi UN speech was a big yawn and didn't promote Hindi or even Indian causes...

i didn’t miss anything.

Trump personally asked Imran Khan to mediate as did the Saudis.

you should read the news so you don’t make these sorts of silly posts.
I think you're new here. This member BATMAN is sworn anti-Imran and a slave of certain countries to the point that he will down his own country many times in a day. He is a pro-Mushy...a coward rat hiding in an apartment in Dubai. He let down Pakistan big time whenever the push to shove came from above... whether it was disgracefully joining the war of terror that destroyed our economy and killed 80,000 Pakistanis, and then he signed an NRO hoping that he will be allowed to continue but he was eventually disposed off like a toilet paper by his masters after using him.

I am amazed at the stupidity of few of my fellow countrymen. They are not seeing how the image of Pakistan from a terrorist and most dangerous country on the planet with nukes is changing to a country that others are looking to broker peace and maditate. This provides you with leverage. Yet they are concerned why is he speaking in English? Where were you for the last 18 years? Did Musharraf spoke in Urdu? What about Zardari and Nawaz. Heck all 3 of them never ever represented Pakistan in our national dress either.

Honestly how many people really ' get' when a stuttering translator works on a Modi or a Putin or a Rouhani speech?!!!! Maybe intellectuals.. but vast majority of people would lose interest pretty quickly.. my wife and my neighbor are completely unversed in Urdu but they watch Imran speeches and comment on those to me while these superficial nationalist leaders not only fail to get their message across when speaking their respective languages but also no one gives a crap about their languages except for the domestic audiences...
Remember Zulfi Bhutto UN speeches? Notice how cleverly Netanhahu uses English for global audience?!!
As I said.. right now Pakistan needs to use every morsel of advantage Pakistan can get in the global war for prevailing narrative!

I am amazed at the stupidity of few of my fellow countrymen. They are not seeing how the image of Pakistan from a terrorist and most dangerous country on the planet with nukes is changing to a country that others are looking to broker peace and maditate. This provides you with leverage. Yet they are concerned why is he speaking in English? Where were you for the last 18 years? Did Musharraf spoke in Urdu? What about Zardari and Nawaz. Heck all 3 of them never ever represented Pakistan in our national dress either.
ata gundi aye...tey hildi kuin aye!

TBH, this language issue has been raised by only one Einstein who lives in UK and speaks English but internet has damaged his neuron cells... and he has derailed the thread due to his idiotic rants.

seriously ...... Khan successfully delivered the message across the globe. Done excellent job. ............... hate/anger and greed , biggest enemy of mankind.....

I personally know people in North America , who are his close friends and extremely filthy rich class , who blindly trust him, IK can live the best life anywhere in the world. But he chose this life for the people... I told you guys before , his last arena convention bill was paid by his very close friends in US and they are all good educated Pakistani families.
Sincere to his nation....
If i disclose the arena expense total bill, people may fall from chair .... that is due to IK reputation in North America.

Last edited:
If we look at this from a neutral and positive mindset then this is has made Pakistan look great at international level, since 2001 we were worried Pakistan is being cornered and certain power tried to isolate us but Pakistan in 2019 is mediating between Saudi and Iran, between Iran and USA and between USA and Taliban. Being successful and unsuccessful is a different story. Also we are finally getting some positivity at International level and from the media.

seriously ...... Khan successfully delivered the message across the globe. Done excellent job. ............... hate/anger and greed , biggest enemy of mankind.....

I personally know people in North America , who are his close friends and extremely filthy rich class , who blindly trust him, IK can live the best life anywhere in the world. But he chose this life for the people... I told you guys before , his last arena convention bill was paid by his very close friends in US and they are all good educated Pakistani families.
Sincere to his nation....
If i disclose the arena expense total bill, people may fall from chair .... that is due IK reputation in North America.

Some people are simply like crows...they look for an insect in a healthy apple.

Comon Imran!!
First you say with full confidence that its a Pure Pakistan Initiative

Then a messenger comes with a message

Then you say with nervous tone and unclear words that Trump told you to facilitate these discussions
Like him but he's so unprepared for these meetings. If you cant resist US pressure then why not say that from the beggining or get someone to write a mature speech
I think u should listen it again US - Iran talks are happening on Trump request while KSA- Iran talks is Pakistan initiative .

Imran is wasting time .Imran is foolishly honest on this however both regimes know their animosity for eachother is their food..they cant do politics without it...How much gratitude you see here on this very forum from either side? zero zip zilch NAda..
Well, something positive will come out for us. As humans, it is our duty to make peace between two fighting nations and in fact our religion stresses on that. If we can save even a few lives or even delay the war, it is still an achievement. We are doing something positive and it shouldn't be called waste of time.

I searched and didn't find what does it mean..
It is a circular reference because google links to your post sir
W7v8m7u.png

Back
Top Bottom