Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Published on 09:39 PM, May 14, 2021
PM Hasina invites Assam to reap benefits from Bangladesh's growth trajectory

20210514_213757_0.jpg

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Photo: Collected
Star Digital Report

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has invited the Indian state of Assam to reap benefits from Bangladesh's growth trajectory in view of the warmth, depth and diversity of Bangladesh-India relationship.

She congratulated Himanta Biswa Sarma, the new Chief Minister of Assam, and wished him success in leading his pluralistic state, tweeted the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Himanta Biswa Sarma succeeded Sarbananda Sonowal as the 15th Chief Minister of Assam.
The BJP won a second straight term in the recently concluded assembly polls in the state.

The party won 60 seats in the 126-member Assam assembly while its alliance partners AGP got nine seats and UPPL six seats.

Sarma, who switched to BJP from the Congress six years ago, is credited as the architect who brought the northeast states within the party's grasp. He also handled the health portfolio in the Sarbananda Sonowal government, reports NDTV.

Himanta Biswa Sarma had quit the Congress government of Tarun Gogoi in 2015. He then promptly joined the BJP, becoming its key strategist for the northeast.

I am damn sure orders came from Delhi BJP HQ.

Hasina has lowered the prestige of our sovereign country by inviting this BJP Muslim-hater to "collaborate".

I am damn sure orders came from Delhi BJP HQ.

Hasina has lowered the prestige of our sovereign country by inviting this BJP Muslim-hater to "collaborate".
Do not look at that way please. It is part of Bangladesh's policy to keep an close eye on what happens in Assam. For a long time, our govt. did not bother to notice who comes and goes in power in Assam. But this is not a sustainable policy in post NRC reality in that state. Bangladesh have to monitor every move of them and remain vigilante. With this letter, Assam's CM will get the message that, Bangladesh has interest in their affairs. West Bengal and Assam, these two Indian state should be given special emphasis within our relationship with India beyond regular Dhaka-Delhi relationship.

Last edited:
She got no shame? I guess I’m stupid for asking that question when she hanged a dude as war criminal but in the 90s she kissed his feet 🥴😂

As delhis influence getting thinner in these states, dhaka should fill the vacuum.

Well said, traditionally and historically they were a part of the Great Bengal kingdom.
View attachment 743959
Not really that Assam in full was ever a part of Bengal even after numerous invasions through centuries. Only a small western Assam was part of Bengal.

But, west Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, and sometimes Orissa were part of Bengal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom