What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

Hi,
Recently there has been news about many states(Guj, Haryana, Kerela, Himachal, MP) in India actually becoming power surplus and Govt has firmed up plans to export 5000MW of surplus power by 2020. I would like inputs from everyone so we can figure out if this just a political stunt or ground reality. So, please mention ur recently visited city and the amount of power cuts you experienced.

I would like to begin. My parents recently visited Punjab and they said there was barely any power cut and even if there was it lasted less than 1 hour.

PS: This is for both Indian and Pakistanis :)

Will you be sending extra electricity from India if we mention?! :P

Total of 10-15mins per week in coimbatore tamilnadu

Why was my colleague stating it was hours in Tamilnadu?! :unsure:

exactly....this surprised me too.....there were no power cuts in summmer this year in jaipur...ghelot trying his best for the upcoming elections ;)

Although i m all up for BJP to win 2014 national elections but i would still prefer Gehlot over Vasundra anyday...:)

He was talking about only one city Combitore n not about the whole of TN.

TN has a installed electricity generation capacity of 18,382 MW (as on 31 January,2013) But its a big Industrial hub too.
So, u can't keep everybody happy all the time but hopefully with start of Kudankulam Nuke Plant some relief will be achieved.:)

He was talking about only one city Combitore n not about the whole of TN.

TN has a installed electricity generation capacity of 18,382 MW (as on 31 January,2013) But its a big Industrial hub too.
So, u can't keep everybody happy all the time but hopefully with start of Kudankulam Nuke Plant some relief will be achieved.:)

:blink: :blink: USA hasnt given the big NO NO only we are allowed dialogue?!

Although i m all up for BJP to win 2014 national elections but i would still prefer Gehlot over Vasundra anyday...:)

same here bro........he has changed jaipur like hell in the last 10 years...have u noticed how clean our city is......with so many malls...the world trade park...though its not that intersting....n how can we forget our india's first double level metro cum brts service......if u remember last year UPA complained about raj. state congress that this part of congress is not concerned about the minority...which means that ghelot tries his best to stay away from the centre...tatz y he is so popular in raj as his agenda is only development....only if cities like jhodhpur kota udaipur had the same pace of development

any one can tell me?
1,how much for 1 kwh?
2,how much a family(the 300 million middle class) needed per month on average?

same here bro........he has changed jaipur like hell in the last 10 years...have u noticed how clean our city is......with so many malls...the world trade park...though its not that intersting....n how can we forget our india's first double level metro cum brts service......if u remember last year UPA complained about raj. state congress that this part of congress is not concerned about the minority...which means that ghelot tries his best to stay away from the centre...tatz y he is so popular in raj as his agenda is only development....only if cities like jhodhpur kota udaipur had the same pace of development

Last 10 years....:lol:
R u a bit high bro bcoz Vasundra was CM from 2003 to 2008.:)

N i m not happy with the pace of development Jaipur at all. I just returned from Haridwar yesterday after a 15 day long trip n the colony roads r like totally wiped out.

N u'll be surprised to know that even a small city like Haridwar has got bigger Mall than Triton or Pink Square.:hitwall:

N don't get me started on Metro n its indefinite delays.

I m neither a fan of Gehlot or Vasundra, i m just choosing the lessor evil.:agree:

Last 10 years....:lol:
R u a bit high bro bcoz Vasundra was CM from 2003 to 2008.:)

N i m not happy with the pace of development Jaipur at all. I just returned from Haridwar yesterday after a 15 day long trip n the colony roads r like totally wiped out.

N u'll be surprised to know that even a small city like Haridwar has got bigger Mall than Triton or Pink Square.:hitwall:

N don't get me started on Metro n its indefinite delays.

I m neither a fan of Gehlot or Vasundra, i m just choosing the lessor evil.:agree:

sorry my bad not 10 years....5 years......well i have not seen haridwar....but yeah i am satisfied with jaipur's development coz i remember in 2003....der were no malls at all in jaipur......roads were not at all roads back then....n yeah our metro work started in septmbr 2010 n now its almost completed which is faster than any other metro construction in india.......yeah and about malls....its true our malls are quite small.....1 mall in ahmedabad equals to 4 malls in jaipur.......but roads in our city are quite broad and clean as compared to any other tier-2 city of india........if u see....during vasundra's time from 2003 till 2008 the mansorovar bus stand was just on paper and she was busy doing her lesbianpanti.....now since 2008 till 2013....jaipur has changed a lot bro......just in 5 years....n yeah u wont find slums in jaipur that easy....jal mahal side has seen amazing development.....tourism has flourished since ghelot came....and crime rate is very low as compared to other cities

Will you be sending extra electricity from India if we mention?! :P

Bro i was telling about my district in tamilnadu . Some other may have load shedding.. it was hours in my city 2 months back but now situations are changing after commision of 5 new plants in TN(extending the older ones ).

Ask him if he still has the issue

It would be great if you tell the name or the name of a nearby town??? Thanks for the input, its amazing how many states are receiving 24/7 supply.

Mate most of the India will not have power cuts at this time due to heavy monsoon.. But in summer it will be different..We are very much dependent in hydro projects for electricity.. May be Koodankulam will help us reduce dependence

Yes iam!

My native village is 'Pattazhy' which is located in Kerala's Kollam District...

Pattazhy.jpg

Pattazhy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kerala get most of its electricity from hydro projects..There is no power cuts here since the monsoon started...& before it was 1 hr (morning 30min & eveng 30) & that was because of the poor monsoon last year...I hope there wont be any power cuts till 2015 because the dams are already filled....:yay:

Am also from Kollam, Kundara :)

Bro i was telling about my district in tamilnadu . Some other may have load shedding.. it was hours in my city 2 months back but now situations are changing after commision of 5 new plants in TN(extending the older ones ).

I am currently in another country and when I get back he will be in TN....anyhow, I will ask him when he gets back...his dad was not well so he had to go back...

@MohitV

Before u start calling Jaipur a Clean city, Have u ever compared our Muncipal cleaning system with any other city like Ahemdabad or Chandigarh????

Even the all weather roads on flyovers have developed pit holes.

The Banipark to Chadpole road is being converted into a Bumpy Cemented Road.

The BRTS is pretty much useless.

The Metro was expected to start by June 2013(if i rem correctly even this is an extended date) n it won't start before 2014.(while the same DMRC completed the Delhi Metro before time.)

The Mono rail project has been called off due lack of bidders.

I still don't see buildings higher than 10 floors even after having a population close to 4 million.

Hell even the Railway tracks r not electrified n we r still stuck with those desiel engines n even the Delhi-Jaipur highways is no where close to completion.

Sorry bro i don't see much development anywhere around if u compare it with our neighbouring states.

She is ur Sis n not ur Bro, Bro...:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
karachi - DHA. not very often except for system failure (PMT/Transformer blows up) - then it could be upto 6-8 hours until repaired - maybe once a month.

KESC has a policy - pay your bill, get un-interrupted power!

Yes many of our relatives told us about this. Many areas in Gulshan e Iqbal also get un-interrupted power due to same policy.

Back
Top Bottom