What's new

Please tell your current city and duration of power cuts

Bombay city, India

The only major power cut my city faced was on the day of the record floods back in 2005 during which time, the authorities shut down power (in the suburbs) for a few hours to minimise accidents.

Bombay Electric Supply & Transport (BEST)/TATA Power for the win!

yeah Doon probably enjoys perks of being a capital city. I guess there would be power cuts in hilly areas and villages also. But situation is way way way better than when this state was under UP. At that time 8 hr loadshedding was common.

Last time I visited my village 3 yrs back n found situation is far better than under UP....

Well since you guys are going to be electricity surplus soon, I guess you don't need it anymore :p

Is there is anyone from 3rd tier cities and villages or visits them regularly. Please update and share your experience.

My village is on the coastal district(kendrapara) of Odisha. No power cut. In summer 3hr max(march-june). Other time no power cut. May be 2/3 hr in a month due to technical reasons.

Now I am at Hyderbad. 2/3 hr in a month maximum.

Bombay city, India

The only major power cut my city faced was on the day of the record floods back in 2005 during which time, the authorities shut down power (in the suburbs) for a few hours to minimise accidents.

Bombay Electric Supply & Transport (BEST)/TATA Power for the win!

Tarrif in mumbai is bit expensive compared to other metros, but totally worth it :D

Haha I know man the BMC chownk flyover was under cons when I left in 2009 and there was all mess till the khalsa college. Man I will come back in a few years, you have know idea how much I miss jalandhar and India.

hmm ajao ajao......nd gud news meko gndu ladhewali campus mil gya in jal...... :yahoo:

The quesiton on electricity should be asked during the peak summer, because, that is when demand is at the highest. So now we are looking at a comparatively rosy scenario.

Electrification of villages should be top priority. So looking at the feedback from everywhere let's just assume that Phase 1 of our effort has been completed. The next step should be to provide 100% electrification of villages. I am not saying uninterrupted power supply, but plain electrification. Then, we need to look at reducing transmission losses. Currently, we are at an average of round 30%, we need to bring this down t 20%. Also, in Phase 2 provide uninterrupted power to top 100 cities in India without load-shedding throughout the year.

Phase 3 - Provide enough power to be able to subsidise it for industry to make them more competitive globally.

i live in Jaipur, No powercuts here. This year there were no powercuts during Summers too. Although we do have some 4-5 hr powercut once in 1-2 months duration but nothing much...:D

But i recently visited Hariwar(actually the surrounding areas) n there were some 3-5 hr daily random powercuts there maybe bcoz of the huge Industrial Zone there.:what:

Andheri East, Mumbai for the last two months. Have not experienced any power cuts so far.

Back in my village in Assam, power scenario has improved 3-4 hrs a day normal but during monsoon rains it extends from two to three days because of disruptions in transmission lines due to strong winds.

Did a fuse never go off either?

I remember there was a power cut once due to the neighborhood transformer catching fire. We didn't have electricity for 3 hours, it was horrible.

Together we can put namak mirch on the wounds of these Desis :D

that's not power cut that's emergency after many years . i last 3 years once we have main cable burnt underground near our villa they cam they remove that line and then start others lines its hardly take15 minutes .

In DHA...

Also let's not forget the importance of Billawal House in your neighborhood :D. Let Zardari go from power, then we'll see.

not in our area - too far away. his area is supplied by old clifton.

Never had a Power Cut in Life in Bombay.

Neither my ancestors know What is a Power Cut. :lol:

i live in Jaipur, No powercuts here. This year there were no powercuts during Summers too. Although we do have some 4-5 hr powercut once in 1-2 months duration but nothing much...:D

But i recently visited Hariwar(actually the surrounding areas) n there were some 3-5 hr daily random powercuts there maybe bcoz of the huge Industrial Zone there.:what:

exactly....this surprised me too.....there were no power cuts in summmer this year in jaipur...ghelot trying his best for the upcoming elections ;)

Back
Top Bottom