What's new

Please respond to the content of the post, without insulting the poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Oscar, you see, this is how you are acknowledged for being unbiased and avoiding confrontation.
One can understand your position but hell hath and no fury, how many Mods on other forums can take such crap from irrelevant posters.

I dont know lets ask the mods shall we? @Manticore @Jungibaaz @Oscar @Aeronaut @WebMaster @T-Faz @test @blain2 @jaibi @Chak Bamu @Adios Amigo what do you think?

Title holders are selected based on the value of their posts. Also taken into account is their demeanor and style. But still they are people. For example I have very few red lines, which when crossed will get me going regardless of consequences.

However I have found that reviewing one's comment before posting helps in curbing unwanted content and adds to reputation of quality and maturity. That is one of the reasons why I seldom post in chit-chat threads.

About action against title holders: I believe that Webby has taken action in the past and will continue to do so in the future provided one-time offense or deterioration of post quality is significant enough.

So, though title holders ought to be held to higher standards, they are still humans. Therefore dealing with title holders is not an exact science, but an art. On the other hand dealing with trolls is an exact science with a little bit of judgement lee-way.

This, obviously, is purely my perspective. Others may disagree.

@Oscar, you see, this is how you are acknowledged for being unbiased and avoiding confrontation.
One can understand your position but hell hath and no fury, how many Mods on other forums can take such crap from irrelevant posters.

I do not recall Oscar being this angry. That is a very uncharacteristic post. Some trolls are masters at getting under a sane person's skin. I have not read the back-ground to that post, but knowing Oscar and the poster involved, I can bet that Oscar is not at fault.

Yes sure.. Go ahead!!
here you go:

Title holders are selected based on the value of their posts. Also taken into account is their demeanor and style. But still they are people. For example I have very few red lines, which when crossed will get me going regardless of consequences.

However I have found that reviewing one's comment before posting helps in curbing unwanted content and adds to reputation of quality and maturity. That is one of the reasons why I seldom post in chit-chat threads.

About action against title holders: I believe that Webby has taken action in the past and will continue to do so in the future provided one-time offense or deterioration of post quality is significant enough.

So, though title holders ought to be held to higher standards, they are still humans. Therefore dealing with title holders is not an exact science, but an art. On the other hand dealing with trolls is an exact science with a little bit of judgement lee-way.

I do not recall Oscar being this angry. That is a very uncharacteristic post. Some trolls are masters at getting under a sane person's skin. I have not read the back-ground to that post, but knowing Oscar and the poster involved, I can bet that Oscar is not at fault.

Lately we have seen that members instead of responding to the content of the topic, be it an original article or linked from the net on which the thread has been started, resort to personal attacks on the poster. Please don't start shooting the messenger.

Please let the op know if there is already a thread running on the topic. If the thread breaks forum rules let the admin/mod team know but don't take matters in your own hands.

Members who derail the thread or insult/mock the OP will be dealt with.

Thankyou

who are you to tell me what to do when to do and who to do

Absolutely, the guy has a calibre, he would rather take a dig at Pakistan and Pakistani members rather than making cry babies out of others hence it's disgraceful of these characters to point fingers at such an unbiased person. It pains me to see these wannabes trying to make a mockery out of him.

I dont know lets ask the mods shall we? @Manticore @Jungibaaz @Oscar @Aeronaut @WebMaster @T-Faz @test @blain2 @jaibi @Chak Bamu @Adios Amigo what do you think?
who is @test ?

Absolutely, the guy has a calibre, he would rather take a dig at Pakistan and Pakistani members rather than making cry babies out of others hence it's disgraceful of these characters to point fingers at such an unbiased person. It pains me to see these wannabes trying to make a mockery out of him.
Even I was shocked at the post from @Oscar. It was easier for me to believe that his account was hacked rather than believing that he actually wrote all that. Havent seen him so flustered before ever. And I have been around for a few years now.

Actually my question was more around calling terror strikes in India as dramas and using racial slurs like dot heads regularly by a think tank and now some of his coterie as well.

Last edited:
The Typically intelligent way is to give more credibility to AVM Shahid Hamid than to Zaid Hamid baba ji.. or are you suggesting one defer to Zaid Hamid on matters of Medical importance than to you?

which means you are implying that michael schumacher (while he was operational) should have had the leeway to speed a little more than a normal citizen on the roads given his track record of being able to manage high speed cars. Or allowing a decorated war hero to board an Airplane carrying a gun because we know his intentions are clear ?

Personally, I rather prefer the motto of "Past record is not a guarantee of future performance" . But hey, that's just me.

who are you to tell me what to do when to do and who to do
The persons whom I addressed to, know it very well as they constitute over 50 reports/day. I am a part of a team that has to clean such troll/insults up every day just so that some members can post such one liners at the end of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom