What's new

PLEASE DONATE......

US announces $150,000 for Uttarakhand relief

US secretary of state John Kerry reached out to India over the Uttarakhand disaster on Sunday as the US announced $150,000 through the United States Agency for International Development ( USAID) to non-governmental organizations working in the most-affected areas.

"We offer our condolences for the heartbreaking loss of lives. We are ready to provide whatever assistance we can or whatever (help) your government desires,'' said Kerry. As he spoke at length about climate change, Kerry said he felt "mother nature was asking us to heed her warnings''.

Ambassador Nancy Powell too offered her condolences to the families of those killed and to those rendered homeless in the recent flooding and landslides in the hill state.

"We are deeply saddened by the tremendous personal loss and the damage to houses, public buildings, temples, roads, and bridges, as well as safe drinking water sources, livestock, and agricultural land," Powell said.

US announces $150,000 for Uttarakhand relief - The Times of India

US announces $150,000 for Uttarakhand relief

US secretary of state John Kerry reached out to India over the Uttarakhand disaster on Sunday as the US announced $150,000 through the United States Agency for International Development ( USAID) to non-governmental organizations working in the most-affected areas.

"We offer our condolences for the heartbreaking loss of lives. We are ready to provide whatever assistance we can or whatever (help) your government desires,'' said Kerry. As he spoke at length about climate change, Kerry said he felt "mother nature was asking us to heed her warnings''.

Ambassador Nancy Powell too offered her condolences to the families of those killed and to those rendered homeless in the recent flooding and landslides in the hill state.

"We are deeply saddened by the tremendous personal loss and the damage to houses, public buildings, temples, roads, and bridges, as well as safe drinking water sources, livestock, and agricultural land," Powell said.

US announces $150,000 for Uttarakhand relief - The Times of India

I hope the govt says no.
80 Lakh rupees is not a big sum. But the burden of aid that it carries is far too big, ala eurofighter.

I am saddened by this. I don't knew about this until my Mom called and informed about this.

I donated to the PM relief fund as much as I could.

Hope Government take actions that will improve the situation, and bring relief to the victims.

I don't have much money to Contribute the Rescue relief Fund..But being an Indian and Helping my Indians ..My small Contribution ...

q4jb.jpg

fw33.jpg

Uttarakhand floods: 9 power PSUs to donate Rs 25 crore for relief work

Nine public sector power companies, including NTPC and PFC, will together contribute Rs 25 crore towards relief works in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand. The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia with CMDs of public sector power firms.

"NTPC will contribute Rs 10 crore. Contribution by others will be as under: PGCIL Rs 5 crore, PFC, Rs 3 crore, REC Rs 2 crore, NHPC, THDC, SJVN, DVC and NEEPCO Rs 1 crore each," an official release said on Thursday. The projects selected for funding assistance would be decided in consultation with the state government as per their priority and requirements.

"The power sector would contribute towards sustainable re-building of infrastructure destroyed during the huge natural calamity of floods which has affected Uttarakhand," the release said. During the meeting, Scindia said that generating stations of central power companies in consultation with the state government should ensure uninterrupted electricity on top priority basis.

Uttarakhand floods: 9 power PSUs to donate Rs 25 crore for relief work

Back
Top Bottom