What's new

Plan to split PIA into two firms - again...

They still made an exception for PIA when COVID hit and people were stranded
I haven't seen any news reports that PIA were allowed in EU or UK airspace. I know before Pakistan went on the red list there were additional flights chartered by airlines to accommodate passengers. There were reports that they used a plane from Somalian airlines but no report said they allowed PIA.

If at 450 employees to each aircraft, it is the highest in the world, will even cutting by half be enough? What is the international average of employees to each aircraft?

It'd make it roughly average I believe, although some international airlines are very efficient. The budget airlines are best.

Have a Google for the stats.

I haven't seen any news reports that PIA were allowed in EU or UK airspace. I know before Pakistan went on the red list there were additional flights chartered by airlines to accommodate passengers. There were reports that they used a plane from Somalian airlines but no report said they allowed PIA.
You’re right for those countries. However, the US did open access for PIA for this purpose

PIA needs to bring its game to the next level......how about a respectable cargo operation (china is your bestfriend) take over the African routes and fire half of you very corrupt and unnecessary staff.

How about getting some plane? like you need to have plane to do business PIA....planes that actually fly!!!

Etihad is retiring its 777 fleet with an average age of 10 years (younger than any PIA plane)......given the current conditions how about grab em for a stealing price.....this way PIA can actually make some money!!! rather then paying the leasing company what ever little profit it manages to produce!

Even better how about you bring up your maintenance game and have professional flight crew with a cabin that actual functions?

Fire the unnecessary staff, make stocks avail, get a cargo fleet (this is the best time to buy aircraft...seriously) have a respectable service, venture into Africa and south America and perhaps PIA will be great again.

LATM is retiring all A350

Etihad is Retiring all 777 mostly 300er

Alaska has 10 A320 for grabs

If PIA has any shame any respect any ambition any hope for success in 10 years then it should at the very least try to capitalize on this situation.

Last edited:
Btw, in case no one remembers, this was the same plan proposed back in 2014/2015. The article doesn't mention it but the split to two is so that the government can retain control of the ground handling/catering services while the rest can be privatized. Imran Khan had vowed to always oppose it, threatened to hold protests at all airports to block it, tried torpedoing the vote, even held rallies against it. Now watch PMLN do the exact same.

How do you people give excuses for these clowns? How dishonest can you be?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom