What's new

Plan to import 150 foriegn locomotives dropped...local locomotives ordered!

So what happened to Indian locomotives order???
India refused to supply them saying its production capacity is not enough to maintain its own railway fleet strength. Apparently there are even backlogs for Indian railway supplies.

The only way PR can make money is if they invest money. Pak Railway needs to buy more engines and bogies. More trains = more people traveling = more money. There is no other way

Not really Bhel offered diesel locomotives.. i guess Pakistan refused:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=44kS5f0r7c_K_DO7_sI6-g&bvm=bv.49967636,d.bGE

It was Pakistan which asked for the BHEL locos, which Indian Railway was opposed to.

No news on what happened to the request to BHEL, whether Pakistan retracted the request or problem was with Indian side. Though apparantly Pakistan went for the better option, to rehabilitate old locos. Wonder why they didn't decided that earlier.

Not really Bhel offered diesel locomotives.. i guess Pakistan refused:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=44kS5f0r7c_K_DO7_sI6-g&bvm=bv.49967636,d.bGE
I guess Pakistan only asked for 50 locomotives on lease and Indian Railway refused. BHEL is a separate company from Indian Railway. So they can only make engines if they can be sold. And Pakistan might have wanted to first test these engines on lease before buying them. So Indian Railway is the only choice for them.
No train to Pak for rlys, as it sell engines to others - Hindustan Times
This is the only explanation that seems plausible after looking at both news. Or the age old reason that the payments from Pakistan may get stuck if relations worsen.

You know what. That link looks BS once I read through it. It was written by an imbecile, look at all the figures.

Indian Railways wary as Pakistan makes fresh offer for engines | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia
This is a decent and balanced piece and talks about 'corporate risk' which is another way of saying 'we don't trust you'. The Indian rags Hindustan times and Times of India talk BS about the episode. BHEL might have been rubbed off after Pakistani railway officials got rubbed off by Indian Railway.

The lesson seems to be that Pakistan should not just talk to government departments for requests like this. In this case, Indian foreign secretary even wrote a letter to Indian Railway to look into the possibility and pursue it. But someone at the Indian Railways was an a$hhole. They should have sold at least 5 engines.

I guess Pakistan only asked for 50 locomotives on lease and Indian Railway refused. BHEL is a separate company from Indian Railway. So they can only make engines if they can be sold. And Pakistan might have wanted to first test these engines on lease before buying them. So Indian Railway is the only choice for them.
No train to Pak for rlys, as it sell engines to others - Hindustan Times
This is the only explanation that seems plausible after looking at both news. Or the age old reason that the payments from Pakistan may get stuck if relations worsen.

You know what. That link looks BS once I read through it. It was written by an imbecile, look at all the figures.

Indian Railways wary as Pakistan makes fresh offer for engines | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia
This is a decent and balanced piece and talks about 'corporate risk' which is another way of saying 'we don't trust you'. The Indian rags Hindustan times and Times of India talk BS about the episode. BHEL might have been rubbed off after Pakistani railway officials got rubbed off by Indian Railway.

The lesson seems to be that Pakistan should not just talk to government departments for requests like this. In this case, Indian foreign secretary even wrote a letter to Indian Railway to look into the possibility and pursue it. But someone at the Indian Railways was an a$hhole. They should have sold at least 5 engines.

Here is a Pakistani source... from oct-2012:

LAHORE: Pakistan Railways is in crisis and the Indian government’s offer to supply 100 engines must be given serious thought, said Pakistan-India Business Council
Chairman Noor Muhammad Kasuri on Sunday.
Talking to APP, he said the addition of 100 engines to Pakistan Railways could help revive the department, which was an important source of livelihood for a lot of people. “The railways crisis has created a lot of problems, especially for those living in far-flung parts of the country,” he said.
Kasuri said India had made the offer as a goodwill gesture and it should be taken in the same spirit.
However, Daily Passengers Association President Hafiz Abdul Qayyum said the engines India was offering were too old. He said that India had bought the engines from an American company several decades ago. That company closed 26 years ago over quality concerns, he said. He said Pakistan should buy engines from a company of good repute and should not repeat the mistake of 2005. “Pakistan Railways spent a huge amount on the purchase of 69 engines from a Chinese company then, but 50 of them are not working now,” he said.
Published in The Express Tribune, October 1st, 2012.

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...i_ipeypFu42awV7xnxqwE0g&bvm=bv.49967636,d.bGE

In short blessing in disguise for Pakistan... the rotting Locomotive factory in Risalpur was leased... made in a state of the art facility ... producing local jobs,saving foriegn exchange etc etc.

Very interesting. I can see merits to this but also opens up avenues for abuse. Lets see where this goes.

Like Hassan Nisar said in his talk show, be afraid of Saad Rafique because this man can make anything happen and he will definitely fix Railway

So what happened to Indian locomotives order???

that company called ANP went out of business

It may seem beneficial at first, but giving all the contracts to a single firm would not be wise. In Pakistan, these firms would take full advantage of their monopoly powers.

Is there anyway to diversify orders? How many firms produce these kind of locomotives in Pakistan? Competition is key.

Almost forgot about that. Corruption becomes more likely in this scenario.
Strange isn't it? we have more faith in private foreign firms only out to make money than our own leaders.

can you please give up the corruption crap, its part of us and its not going anywhere...we have been corrupt when corruption was not even heard of...so live with it, lets appreciate if anyone is doing anything good

can you please give up the corruption crap, its part of us and its not going anywhere...we have been corrupt when corruption was not even heard of...so live with it, lets appreciate if anyone is doing anything good

This kind of attitude is no good for the nation.
This is why we don't progress. Did you read the rest of my post by any chance, there are many reasons where I can see it going wrong, not least, corruption.

This kind of attitude is no good for the nation.
This is why we don't progress. Did you read the rest of my post by any chance, there are many reasons where I can see it going wrong, not least, corruption.

dude this nation is no nation anymore, this is where 5 people come with guns, break a jail and take 100 criminals with them, there is no one to fight and stop them, no one is willing to put their life on the line for this country and you are worried about corruption. Corruption is the least of our problem. I would be happy if those policeman guarding the jail asked for money to do their job and not run away.

dude this nation is no nation anymore, this is where 5 people come with guns, break a jail and take 100 criminals with them, there is no one to fight and stop them, no one is willing to put their life on the line for this country and you are worried about corruption. Corruption is the least of our problem. I would be happy if those policeman guarding the jail asked for money to do their job and not run away.

So, we should just keel over and accept the demise of Pakistan.
I'm sorry, but my forefathers sacrificed too much for the nation we like ruining.
The Pakistani people are to blame, they ruin their nation and then complain like you're doing here.

Funniest part of it all is that they wish that some God-given leader will swoop down from the heavens to save Pakistan, all while they themselves are doing a fine job ruining everything.

I'm sorry, but my forefathers sacrificed too much for the nation we like ruining.
The Pakistani people are to blame, they ruin their nation and then complain like you're doing here.

Funniest part of it all is that they wish that some God-given leader will swoop down from the heavens to save Pakistan, all while they themselves are doing a fine job ruining everything.

I thought God did that too in last election, but then that leader went saving the Elephants

what is the F***ing nation, its people ok, these people are so morally corrupt that its not worth worrying about
I am not the problem here but people like you are who are hell bend on financial corruption while morally this nation is going in gutters.
Animals everywhere just animals

I thought God did that too in last election, but then that leader went saving the Elephants

My point there was making fun of that perspective.
A leader is only as good as the nation that makes him, and God wont help those who don't help themselves.

what is the F***ing nation, its people ok, these people are so morally corrupt that its not worth worrying about
I am not the problem here but people like you are who are hell bend on financial corruption while morally this nation is going in gutters.
Animals everywhere just animals

I'm not hell bent on government level corruption. Have you not seen my rants in other threads?
With the topic at hand, government corruption is the main issue.

But I do agree, Pakistanis are to blame, which is what i said in my last post.
I for one don't see any change in the near future.
Change will come when Pakistanis are forced to live on the brink and pushed beyond their tolerance limit.

Back
Top Bottom