What's new

PLAAF should learn from Libyan War

China has the money and materials (rare earth metals included) to recover and rebuild faster than their neighbors could.:azn:

There is only one lesson to be learned from Libya and that is "might make right". End of story.

Let's drop the bullshit about democracy and human rights.

Recall the military actions of the West since the Cold War, you find that many countries got bombed are ones tried to get N-ability but failed, such as Iraq, Libya. But the ones possess such ability such as Korea are untouched.

So hold your arm tight, Pakistan.

Mine analysis revolves around a SAM rich environment. China must adobt & or acquire a two-tire defense field comprised of neutralizing SAM system @60km & 2nd shield @no less than 20km. under these altitudes missiles aren't to be used rather radar aimed guns will be the best option or they may be augmented by short range MANPAD missile that can be mounted on a truck/armored vehicle . I am categorically referring to systems like Pantsir-S systems that also include MANPAD missile like Strela & Igla-S which sure can hit anything flying ~10km
pa_1.jpg

KBP's Pantsir-S1
The Pantsir-S1 has 2 twin-barrel 30-mm 2A38M antiaircraft guns and 12 57E6-E SAMs. It is reportedly effective against targets with a reflective surface of 2-3 square centimeters and speeds to 1,000 meters per second, at a maximum range of 20 kilometers and altitude of 15 kilometers.

Read the latter part of this post
DefenceDog: MANPADS "Igla-S" In Libya Worries West

It is not the lesson that China should learn, but a lesson that people in the world who love peace should learn, that is, the so-called democracy and human rights those western countries talked about everyday are totally BS. Those western rogue countries are doing the same thing they did in 1800s and 1900s, the only difference is that now they have a mask on their face.

A tomahawk is 500,000 USD. A F-16 is 40 million USD. you can buy 80 tomahawks for the price of 1 F-16. The prices for CJ-10 and J-10 are similar. For offense, nothing beats mass cruise missiles/ballistic missiles.

Oh, so for every third a salvo of Tomahawks, you can buy an F-16.

That had just proved my point.

You can use the F-16 for decades while 40 Tomahawks only makes up 1/3 of a salvo.

[\
A cruise missile is essentially a scaled down plane. It requires a lot of computers, sensors, and engines to do the job. An air-to-air missile requires nowhere as near much equipment.

A cruise missile salvo will cost more than several fighter jets for sure.

That is especially true when you are dealing with sophisticated cruise missiles such as the HN-I/II/III, DH-10, CJ-10, or HN-2000 and DH-2000.

The average price of a fighter is about 50 million, several fighter would average out to 100 million, so you are saying a salvo is 100 million? What about the entire cruise missle?

Cruise missles are clearly cheaper, an average aircraft is 50 million but can be well over 100 million, an aircraft requires fuel--very very expensive, pilot training (this usually is in the millions), a payed pilot, a payed maintanance crew, maintanance/overhauls and the parts that goes with it, and of course the cost of air-to air and air-to ground weapons.

[\

The average price of a fighter is about 50 million, several fighter would average out to 100 million, so you are saying a salvo is 100 million? What about the entire cruise missle?

Cruise missles are clearly cheaper, an average aircraft is 50 million but can be well over 100 million, an aircraft requires fuel--very very expensive, pilot training (this usually is in the millions), a payed pilot, a payed maintanance crew, maintanance/overhauls and the parts that goes with it, and of course the cost of air-to air and air-to ground weapons.
Hey there I hope you be fine, I think you are posting very low nowadsys?
On-topic...thr was an article comparing between UCAV & cruise missiles & people were of the view that having the UCAVs armed even with dumb-bombs can out-class [performance/economics] the modern expensive cruise missiles. So can you giv your opinions on this??
On the other side I feel that UCAVs can be downed with an AK-47 on helicopters [...sort-off] & cruise missile have extremely good chance [relatively speaking] to even evade counter-measures
regards;

Back
Top Bottom