What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF special mission aircraft - Y-8GX-family

005Meirwly1fsq6owmy04j30oc1f6b29.jpg

China has listening and submarine detection pods all over China Sea. In near terms, we don't need the capabilities that the P8A offers. On the other hand, we already got a working railgun on sea trial. Cheers.
P8A's have exceptional capabilities. About RG's, We have them on our ships cheers....:coffee:

Now 82012 confirmed ....

Y-8GX-6 82012 - 1. NDiv - part.png

To admit, now I'm confused: :undecided:

We first had 85191 & 85191 clearly assigned to the 9th Naval Air Division, STC
a bit later we saw 80082, which was said to be psed but also said to be assigned to the ETC (therefore 8. NDiv won't fit) ...
and now we have 82011 & 82012 assigned to the 1st NDiv, which should be the same psed aircraft ... ... so 1st NDiv seems indeed re-established Or am I wrong?

Deino

Last edited:
But so it seems, all three are different aircraft:

The first one posted yesterday has the typical Y-8GX-8-style nose but this huge Radar Array on the LEFT side.
The second one (GE-Image) has the same Y-8GX-8-style nose but this huge Radar Array on the RIGHT side.
The third one has a Y-8GX-6-style nose but this huge Radar Array on the LEFT side.

So IMO These are three different Projects.

Deino
Any ideas now?

Any ideas now?

Most likely only two ... the one with the GX8 nose should be the GX12 and the other one is the GX11.

Now 82012 confirmed ....

View attachment 484024

To admit, now I'm confused: :undecided:

We first had 85191 & 85191 clearly assigned to the 9th Naval Air Division, STC
a bit later we saw 80082, which was said to be psed but also said to be assigned to the ETC (therefore 8. NDiv won't fit) ...
and now we have 82011 & 82012 assigned to the 1st NDiv, which should be the same psed aircraft ... ... so 1st NDiv seems indeed re-established Or am I wrong?

Deino

But do you have any idea on this issue?

Back
Top Bottom