What's new

PLA Navy J-35 stealth carrier borne fighter made its maiden flight this morning in Shenyang.

J-20S, J-35, KJ-600

All revealed within the last few days:yahoo:

Don't forget about Y-20U Strategic Aerial Tanker last month :enjoy:

FCkGaIHX0Acbl5U.jpeg

That's also mean, Type 003 Carrier Battle Group ready to take Action Fully Equipped :smokin:

any news regarding its internal bay, howe many missiles or bombs it can carry?

Don't forget about Y-20U Strategic Aerial Tanker last month :enjoy:

View attachment 788554

That's also mean, Type 003 Carrier Battle Group ready to take Action Fully Equipped :smokin:

US aggression against China is accelerating China’s technology development.

These are on my wish list:
J-20B (with WS-15 engine)
Y-20B (with WS-20 engine)
Y-20Q Maritime Patrol Aircraft
KJ-3000 AWACS
H-20 stealth strategic bobber
JH-XX stealth fighter-bomber
Type 095 SSN
Type 096 SSBN
Type 076 UAV carrier
Type 003 CATOBAR carrier
HQ-26 naval midcourse missile defence
Z-XX Heavy attack helicopter
Z-XX Heavy transport helicopter

It's to be expected naval stealth fighter would appear around this time. Could you imagine Type 003 was finished and there was nothing on it but J-15? That would b a disaster!
Yes it's about time, FC-31/35/whatever has been dragging on for years, with 003 in shape, J-15 even KJ-600 both ready, this perhaps is last piece of the puzzle. I believe it has always been designed for CV since 1st day on drawing board, i.e. everything from aspect ratio to low speed maneuverability to EW suite (similar to F-35's role in NIIF-CA) revolves around CV and naval doctrine. The previous "prototypes" are more like testbeds at different stages, it has never been a land-based design, but of course future land-based variants (export-driven, PLAAF unlikely) are not ruled out.

Last edited:
J-15 may be demoted to bomb trucks while this beauty dominates the air. :)

Yes it's about time, FC-31/35/whatever has been dragging on for years, with 003 in shape, J-15 even KJ-600 both ready, this perhaps is last piece of the puzzle. I believe it has always been designed for CV since 1st day on drawing board, i.e. everything from aspect ratio to low speed maneuverability to EW suite (similar to F-35's role in NIIF-CA) revolves around CV and naval doctrine. The previous "prototypes" are more like testbeds at different stages, it has never been a land-based design, but of course future land-based variants (export-driven, PLAAF unlikely) are not ruled out.

The carrier lacks a dedicated fixed wing ASW asset like the S-3 Viking. Perhaps that role will be filled with a drone that could also be the basis for a tanker like the MQ-25.
J-15 may be demoted to bomb trucks while this beauty dominates the air. :)
Also a “J-15D” could be developed to function as a growler, similar to the J-16D.

The carrier lacks a dedicated fixed wing ASW asset like the S-3 Viking. Perhaps that role will be filled with a drone that could also be the basis for a tanker like the MQ-25.
Yes I also think some roles will be undertaken by UAV, like recon, ASW or tanker like you have mentioned. That's one distinctive benefit brought by EMALS i.e. flexibility to catapult a wide range of take-off-weights, a capability that STOBARs (CV-16, 17) does not offer. PLAAF is obviosuly far ahead in fielding UAVs, how PLAN max out of the new platform is yet to be seen.
Also a “J-15D” could be developed to function as a growler, similar to the J-16D.
Exactly, that's why I think one design criteria of J-XY must be ability to play similar role as F-35 plays in NIIF-CA, cos PLAN might have developed similar doctrine. J-15D is a necessary piece of the picture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom