What's new

PL-21 A2A missile for J-20

I said it DOES NOT have a serpentine inlet, which allows it to use the full length of the fuselage for its weapons bay which would allow a really long missile to fit in it, something up to 9-10m long if the weapons bay door was configured properly. So, maybe this has something to do with the design not using a serpentine inlet in order to gain the ability to carry a really long missile, for perhaps an ultra long distance AAM missile or extended range AShM.

My bad I misread, but what you said wouldn't make sense since they left a huge gap in the middle of the fuselage.

s27j20t50f22.jpg

I said it DOES NOT have a serpentine inlet, which allows it to use the full length of the fuselage for its weapons bay which would allow a really long missile to fit in it, something up to 9-10m long if the weapons bay door was configured properly. So, maybe this has something to do with the design not using a serpentine inlet in order to gain the ability to carry a really long missile, for perhaps an ultra long distance AAM missile or extended range AShM.

My bad I misread, but what you said wouldn't make sense since they left a huge gap in the middle of the fuselage.
Here's a picture of the underside of the PAKFA. Notice the probable location of weapons bays between the engines in the middle of the fuselage from behind the pilot seat to the tail. These weapons bays can be combined together to fit an extremely long missile, something like a long-range ramjet powered AShM or AAM. That's how I got the figure 9-10m.

weapons-bay.jpg

Back
Top Bottom