What's new

'PK' breaks box-office records in China just three days after opening

I thought this was an average movie. Not a scratch on TZP/ 3 Idiots. But Dhoom 3 becomes successful china? man that movie gives you brain cancer. I would ask the discerning Chinese viewer to be choosy on what they watch that from Bollywood. The gems are scattered among minefields of toxic nuclear waste......

I thought this was an average movie. Not a scratch on TZP/ 3 Idiots. But Dhoom 3 becomes successful china? man that movie gives you brain cancer. I would ask the discerning Chinese viewer to be choosy on what they watch that from Bollywood. The gems are scattered among minefields of toxic nuclear waste......

Yea like K3G. If that was to be re-released it would easily make over 200$ million.

Yea like K3G. If that was to be re-released it would easily make over 200$ million.

This is the second time you're suggesting K3G man. I have avoided 'sanskari' movies coz it gives you brain cancer. I'm afraid if I give in to your recommendation and actually watch it I might be in for a shock like all sanskari movies.

This is the second time you're suggesting K3G man. I have avoided 'sanskari' movies coz it gives you brain cancer. I'm afraid if I give in to your recommendation and actually watch it I might be in for a shock like all sanskari movies.

You need to watch it. It's honestly really good. I hate most films of similar genre like KANK, KKHA, Bhagbhan.

PK was OK movie for me.. OMG!! was much better.. Chinese members give OMG!! movie a try.. If you like PK then I am sure you will love OMG!!

Frankly, never heard of it from any news until now. I just check, it seems quite interesting, and only 20 yuan($3) in the nearest cinema. If I have time, I will consider a watch. 35 million in 3 days is quite good for a non-Holleywood and non-Chinese movie.
Isn't it quite controversial in India? I mean the religious part.
@Bussard Ramjet

Frankly, never heard of it from any news until now. I just check, it seems quite interesting, and only 20 yuan($3) in the nearest cinema. If I have time, I will consider a watch. 35 million in 3 days is quite good for a non-Holleywood and non-Chinese movie.
@Bussard Ramjet

To some extent. But generally it was well received by youngsters and middle class. Among youngsters the biggest issue is that there was a movie quite similar to this movie's concept.
The Hindu minded people in India lost their mind because they thought that Islam was not made fun of adequately !

Also, 20 yuan is actually a lot of money from Indian stand point. It is 200 ruppees, which is higher than normal screen (multiplex) showings in India.
Normally a ticket for a weekday, for evening will cost 130-150 ruppees in a good theatre.

To some extent. But generally it was well received by youngsters and middle class. Among youngsters the biggest issue is that there was a movie quite similar to this movie's concept.
The Hindu minded people in India lost their mind because they thought that Islam was not made fun of adequately !

Also, 20 yuan is actually a lot of money from Indian stand point. It is 200 ruppees, which is higher than normal screen (multiplex) showings in India.
Normally a ticket for a weekday, for evening will cost 130-150 ruppees in a good theatre.

To be frank, me and my friends go into a multiplex which charges 100 ruppees for a normal movie on nights. That is 10 yuan. More than 95% of movie watchers will watch a movie like PK, below 200 ruppees per ticket.

20 yuan is super cheap for movies here in Wuhan. Remember my trip to Chongqing? Since I ordered some hotels through an APP called Qunar( means go to where?) , I now have 4 movie coupons, 20 yuan each and a 1800-yuan red package. U can also select seats using this APP.
屏幕快照 2015-05-26 19.24.06.png

屏幕快照 2015-05-26 19.26.30.png

Using red package, God, 8 yuan:lol:
屏幕快照 2015-05-26 19.47.30.png

I'll definitely watch this, I like controversial movies as opposed to those hollywood-style crap, in a new cinema recently opened in a shopping mall.
屏幕快照 2015-05-26 19.20.55.png

Last edited:
@Bussard Ramjet

Those are gun less Taliban on which nobody gives a hoot.

Back
Top Bottom