What's new

Pindi Metro Bus concerns

People who have cars won't use it much. People travelling by bus would if the fares are reasonable and the metrobus provides efficient and civilized service. The reason i say trams, because Islamabad is not a very dense city like Karachi, Lahore or Peshawar. The roads in Islamabad already have empty looks because there aren't enough vehicles to drive on them. Trams could have been integrated easily, plus it gives the city a more tourist friendly look. Or even better, monorail would have sufficed as well. The passenger demand is simply not that much to create a whole new elevated infrastructure to run buses on them.

Bro i don't know weather you visited Peshawar Mor in the morning or not but Huge traffic from Pindi come to Islamabad daily more bikes then cars and Zero point many people who work in Islamabad travel from Tarnol Fateh jung and Pindi It will surely reduce traffic even Islamabad Highway is 4 lane road but there's much traffic on that too

The federal Govt should also fund a similar project in peshawar to be only funded by federal govt.

anyway i am in support of any sort of development throughout Pakistan

I dont think PTI will allow PMLN government to initiate any such project in peshawar.

I dont think PTI will allow PMLN government to initiate any such project in peshawar.

I think KPK gov. is thinking to run sky bus rapid bus system and light train in Peshawar saw some pics of light train in Peshawar but no work started yet

o_O Zero point in the morning?!! .. Blue area.. Karachi company.. all get blocked up. People travel to and fro.
A good metro Bus system(with associated Parking Plazas at the end) will turn the Twin cities into a dream area.
The problem is the timeframe needed to get this going and the current loss experienced by business on Murree road.
But things are going fast.

The problem isn't the creation of a public transport system, but the way it is being created.

A retard gets a brainwave at night and in the morning you have a team working on the job and roads getting dug up in under a week.

No planning, no feasibility, no environmental impact, no studies, no population movement study, no nothing.

These things take months to plan, the environmental studies (it's not as simple as taking a tree from point A to point B, have you been to Islamabad lately?), the traffic studies, proper feasibility, studying the patterns of the population and identifying the crucial areas, and much more.

I can bet my house on the fact that within 5 years the Lahore Metrobus would turn into a shambles...mark this post folks.

IMO, Islamabad doesn't need a separate Metro Bus lane dug up everywhere you go. There could have been much better alternatives, like buying 100 odd good low lying buses and plying them on the city roads. The roads are already pretty wide and are not all that jam packed, unlike Pindi or lahore.

I think KPK gov. is thinking to run sky bus rapid bus system and light train in Peshawar saw some pics of light train in Peshawar but no work started yet

No work has started because there is real work going on. Not adhoc stuff.

Folks are busy doing studies and chalking out the best strategy.

A couple of weeks back, I saw some tenders being floated out related to the project.

The problem isn't the creation of a public transport system, but the way it is being created.

But that is how things in Pakistan are done. Take Centaurus for e.g. and how they conveniently forgot about getting their Chiller system getting into place before it was too late.

But that is how things in Pakistan are done. Take Centaurus for e.g. and how they conveniently forgot about getting their Chiller system getting into place before it was too late.

Well, that's the sad reality.

Roshan Pakistan khayi main gir gaya hai.

As for Centaurus, at least that was private money, not of the taxpayers.

Well, that's the sad reality.

Roshan Pakistan khayi main gir gaya hai.

As for Centaurus, at least that was private money, not of the taxpayers.

Doesnt matter. Taxpayers money, your money, my money.. black money, white money..
You can sink a trillion into the population of Pakistan and we'll still be here planning the next war against polio or Tabdeelis.
The problem was NEVER leadership.. its US as a whole.

o_O Zero point in the morning?!! .. Blue area.. Karachi company.. all get blocked up. People travel to and fro.
A good metro Bus system(with associated Parking Plazas at the end) will turn the Twin cities into a dream area.
The problem is the timeframe needed to get this going and the current loss experienced by business on Murree road.
But things are going fast.

The things are going fast because it is a matter of ego for the PML-N. They would have put Mian Sahib on the moon with this level of dedication if they wanted to.

The things are going fast because it is a matter of ego for the PML-N. They would have put Mian Sahib on the moon with this level of dedication if they wanted to.

Mian Sahab will never go to the moon.. I mean have you ever thought of space? Have you heard of the food available to people in space? Have you thought of how impossible and rather pathetic dried Payas and Naan will be?
Gastronauts will never travel there.

Bro i don't know weather you visited Peshawar Mor in the morning or not but Huge traffic from Pindi come to Islamabad daily more bikes then cars and Zero point many people who work in Islamabad travel from Tarnol Fateh jung and Pindi It will surely reduce traffic even Islamabad Highway is 4 lane road but there's much traffic on that too

It will help, no doubt, and i am not questioning that if there should be a transit system in the twin cities or not. I am suggesting there could have been alternatives, like monorail/metrorail/trams etc. Think about it, Karachi, the biggest city in Pakistan still doesn't have a mass transit system.

It will help, no doubt, and i am not questioning that if there should be a transit system in the twin cities or not. I am suggesting there could have been alternatives, like monorail/metrorail/trams etc. Think about it, Karachi, the biggest city in Pakistan still doesn't have a mass transit system.

The Biggest city in Pakistan doesnt have law and order. A mass transit system will only lead to greater political BS there.

Guys, when the authorities built service road, albeit compensated, we still suffered financial losses but sadly the traffic problem remained , let's hope this project helps to some extent, it will be interesting to see how will they go about side lining the flyovers along Murree Road.

No work has started because there is real work going on. Not adhoc stuff.

Folks are busy doing studies and chalking out the best strategy.

A couple of weeks back, I saw some tenders being floated out related to the project.
Pathetic attempt to cover up the incompetency of KPK's government.

Unko center pai tankeed karnay sai fursat milay tou apnay soobay pai tawaja dein na.

Back
Top Bottom