What's new

Pictures from cities | Islamabad

Unless you are talking about the Suzuki FXs, the Mehrans and the Bolans. Those are just cheap alternatives for when you can't afford any better.

I understand the cheap/affordable part but those design & shapes will be consider as stone age if you bring them here in the US. These companies should be forced to change the design & shape of these cars. Toyota Corolla/Honda Civic are considered as cheap & affordable cars for low income households in US but atleast their design & shape changes.

I understand the cheap/affordable part but those design & shapes will be consider as stone age if you bring them here in the US. These companies should be forced to change the design & shape of these cars. Toyota Corolla/Honda Civic are considered as cheap & affordable cars for low income households in US but atleast their design & shape changes.

That is shallow understanding. The differences between average wage, middle income wage, low income wage and high income wage in the two respective countries is worlds apart (not to mention that there is no minimum wage in Pakistan). In Canada, for example, the minimum wage is $10.25/hr which becomes 10.25 X 40 X4 = $1640 (inclusive of the taxes). Translate this into Pakistani Rupees and you get more than Rs.1,64,000 a month. This is a very impressive monthly pay in Pakistan if you're a young buck. You can get around quite well on it since the cost of living is respectively a lot lower too (Sadly the prices of new cars are not adjusted accordingly). With the same amount in Canada though you'll be just living.

The prices of new cars in the world are pretty homogeneous. So, prices of cars the same, incomes different. And hence you get Civics and Corollas as the better cars for average users in Pakistan where as they make up the lower tier in Canada and the US. The thing about updating the designs and shapes is that it costs money and in result makes the car more expensive. All the cars that you were pointing out have had their designs and shapes changed and are being sold along side their older models, e.g. the Mehran and the Alto. The older versions are kept in production because they offer the Pakistani consumer a very affordable option without which they wouldn't have a car at all. These designs are indeed stone-age and they only offer the bare minimum. But there's a reason why they are kept so crappy. Seeing that the average Pakistani income is very low, I think its a brilliant idea.

ps: The funny bit is in comparing the prices of used cars in the two countries. You can buy a far FAR better used car in Canada for a lot less than what you would spend buying a used Mehran in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Very beautiful city but the thing i didn't like is that the road quality is even higher than America but the cars are worst than Africa.

Come on. AP

That's the lamest post I have seen from you.

You can do better, a lot better. Discussing and comparing cars between US and Pakistan is $tupid thing to do.

Sorry to say

1978707_663524577026931_951993740_n.jpg

Islamabad is similar to chandigarh but has low penetration of cars it seems. greenry and wide roads like chandigarh

Islamabad is similar to chandigarh but has low penetration of cars it seems. greenry and wide roads like chandigarh

I don't think there is any city that can be compared to Islamabad.

And yea i see some pictures of India's Chandigarh it looks quite similar to Pakistan's Chichu Ki Malyan.:agree:

Khoobsurat sheher! Ab Lahore ko bhi isi tarah bna do :tup:

@jatt+gutts please stop posting images from non-Islamabad cities. Open another thread about Chandigarh!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom