What's new

Pics of Karakoram Highway Reconstruction

whats the height on it?

Enough for the big trucks that use that road the most. But I don't believe this one's for traffic, it's an avalanche/landslide shelter for the passing vehicles. The KKH is being expanded from two lanes to four and that tunnel can't handle four lanes. The road will pass right outside this tunnel, the way it is shown in the vids. Or, possibly, just one side of the traffic will pass through them while the other side will pass from outside (most plausible to me).

Yeah, I like the idea of a new city. We need new cities considering how fast our population is growing. Also, In this new city, I hope the government would encourage people to migrate from all over Pakistan, KPK, Kashmir, Punjab, Balochistan, Sindh, Tribal Areas. etc.
Chinese migrating to this city with duel nationality is also a good idea.

PS: The city has to be self sustaining, even if it does get cuts off from rest of the world, people would still be able to grow their own good, make their own cloths, built their own houses. etc.

Agreed, even a mid-size city would be beneficial, of course trouble is finding suitable terrain, there are some areas I'm sure which could be suitable for a new city. Pakistani population is very concentrated in Punjab and needs to become more wide-spread, new cities need to be built in Balochistan especially and housing development projects and job opportunities for people to migrate to a new city in a different region.

Back
Top Bottom