What's new

Pics of Karakoram Highway Reconstruction

Beautiful highway, Pakistan and China should promote the Karakorum highway and make it as famous as Germany's Autobahn.

Very nice work for both Pakistan and China. :pakistan::china::tup: It'll nice to add rail link and oil/gas pipeline along the route.

Better yet Pakistan should develop a new city along the Karakorum highway. A city that will act as a hub of trade between Pakistan and western China. That way we can do business better with Urumqi and Kashgar.

220px-KKH.png

K-Highway is already connected with Kashgar, but Pakistan building a new Central Asian city along KH will be better, we can name the city Karakorum.

tujhe mirchi lagi to main kya karon. lolz. Lets be honest for a second bro, We live in americas aid. Chinese know we are broke as hell and will never be able to build a proper highway in a timely manner.

False flagger alert, why don't you go on your bharatratshit site.

By the way - excellent project - Pak China friendship. :pakistan::china:

Either your are an MQM Karachite and Pakistani of convinience or an Indian false flag troll....you name raises suspicions!

Call me an indian, call me a jew, call me a kafir, call me anything you want. But dont call me a member of MQM. I am not a part of that disgusting *****. I am not affiliated with those scum bags.

Very nice work for both Pakistan and China. :pakistan::china::tup: It'll nice to add rail link and oil/gas pipeline along the route.

The rail link is next in plan. If it gets built, I swear on everything that is holly, it will be one of the greatest feats mankind has ever achieved, and I'm not even exaggerating.

IMG_3224Web.jpg

There doesnt seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel ;)

Seriously though if they seal that all the way through it would be one heck of a bike ride and one hellishly expensive road.

And you would miss out on one of the greatest privileges that this world has to offer i.e. the scenery, trust me on that.

Beautiful highway, Pakistan and China should promote the Karakorum highway and make it as famous as Germany's Autobahn.

Better yet Pakistan should develop a new city along the Karakorum highway. A city that will act as a hub of trade between Pakistan and western China. That way we can do business better with Urumqi and Kashgar.

220px-KKH.png

K-Highway is already connected with Kashgar, but Pakistan building a new Central Asian city along KH will be better, we can name the city Karakorum.

Yar do you have any idea how narrow these valleys are? In the 70s nobody could even think about building a road through them and they still can't believe that it was done. There is a reason why the KKH is called the 8th wonder of the world. There is nowhere you can build a city up there. The largest valley where you could build a very small city is the Gilgit valley and it already has the city of Gilgit, which is a little more than a large town (Don't even think about touching Hunza). And don't get me started on the bazillions of impossible to solve issues in logistics just to supply food up there e.g. had it not been for the government's subsidies petrol would cost 4 to 10 times as its normal price up there. Besides the KKH already passes through Gilgit and it pretty much acts as that hub. And trust me its best that we keep these places low key and out of reach of the typical fat, bald, middle aged southerner who crams his Corolla 2D with his ill begotten spawns who conveniently throw wrappers right out the window while the fat cow he's married to spits everywhere she sees a clean spot. They had Murree and now they have Naran, if they step one foot in Chillas I will personally shoot them through their faces. Our own people would ruin these places. But thankfully the chances of these inbreeds ever crossing Badgaram are very slim, for God made these the most remote places on the planet and a drive to them is not everyone's cup of tea.

As for @arushbhai he should go check out the stretch from Mansehra to Chillas through Naran. It was built by Pakistanis quite recently. I think they are planning to use this stretch during the summers in order to shorten the distances instead of the classical KKH route through Badgaram, Bhesham, Patan, Dassu, etc. This road, beyond Naran when you leave the moronic southern tourists behind, will choke the life out of you. Also the maintenance and repair of the KKH is a 24/7/30/365 job and against all odds the FWO (Frontier Works Orginization, the guys who built the KKH with the Chinese in the first place) keeps it running through out the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
February 16: The portion of Karakoram Highway destroyed due to the damming of Hunza River will be completed in the year 2014.

Seven tunnels, five bridges and a 17 kilometer stretch of the KKH will be constructed in Gojal Valley as part of the project
. This was stated by Mr. Lee, an official of the China Roads and Bridges Corproation. He further said that three of the tunnels will be constructed this year while work on the remaining two will be completed in 2014.

31465_10151418913097200_621723129_n.jpg

Hunza-1.jpg

Hunza-2.jpg

Karakoram Highway - Pakistan - China Documentary

Thats PTVs new English channel

Reconstruction

Highway Drive!

Last edited by a moderator:
China is investing in the reconstruction of this road. They will also be building a 3 lane highway from gawadar that will connect karakoram highway. They are doing this to increase their trade and get an access to indian ocean. It wouldnt make sense if China invests billions in gwadar but ignores the main route that connects gwadar with china. Also remember we are beggers. This is our fate. We beg infront of americans and Chinese know that we arent capable of building a proper highway without corruption. Thats why chinese are taking everything in their own hands to finish the highway on time.

you might be a beggar but we not.

February 16: The portion of Karakoram Highway destroyed due to the damming of Hunza River will be completed in the year 2014.

Seven tunnels, five bridges and a 17 kilometer stretch of the KKH will be constructed in Gojal Valley as part of the project
. This was stated by Mr. Lee, an official of the China Roads and Bridges Corproation. He further said that three of the tunnels will be constructed this year while work on the remaining two will be completed in 2014.

31465_10151418913097200_621723129_n.jpg

Hunza-1.jpg

Hunza-2.jpg

is that tunnel one-way?
because it looks kind of small

220px-KKH.png

Yeah, I like the idea of a new city. We need new cities considering how fast our population is growing. Also, In this new city, I hope the government would encourage people to migrate from all over Pakistan, KPK, Kashmir, Punjab, Balochistan, Sindh, Tribal Areas. etc.
Chinese migrating to this city with duel nationality is also a good idea.

PS: The city has to be self sustaining, even if it does get cuts off from rest of the world, people would still be able to grow their own good, make their own cloths, built their own houses. etc.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom