What's new

PIA’s new management revives Boeing 777 grounded for 1.5 years

My parents traveled a 1-2 month back and said it was impressive service
Most likely they traveled on the Active 777 ER crafts

Food Quantity was great and extra snacks were provided in Craft

I suggest you find a different hobby instead of your negative comments after my post

dude you are too distant from ground realities. people fly Brand Pakistan religiously. instead of Finding new ways to exploit them. why cant you thing for the people first and taxation brand later.

why the robotic view of life man

why even bother dude its all in the past.

i hope Embrarer and Bombardier are being evaluated. impressive little machines these

Embraer and Bombardier make regional jets. Cant compare that with a 777 which is a long haul aircraft.

Not every PIA official would know why three different configurations were bought. So it depends on who you asked. But if you are cynical, even if you had asked the right person, it would still not have satisfied you.

Decision to buy 777 was made in Musharraf era. At that time, the idea was to fly direct to New York, a profitable route. But then came American war on terror and they did not allow PIA to fly direct. So PIA had to stop at Manchester for pre flight screening by American border officials. This made flights to NY expensive and thus that historic PIA route was cancelled.

Embraer and Bombardier make regional jets. Cant compare that with a 777 which is a long haul aircraft.

Not every PIA official would know why three different configurations were bought. So it depends on who you asked. But if you are cynical, even if you had asked the right person, it would still not have satisfied you.

Decision to buy 777 was made in Musharraf era. At that time, the idea was to fly direct to New York, a profitable route. But then came American war on terror and they did not allow PIA to fly direct. So PIA had to stop at Manchester for pre flight screening by American border officials. This made flights to NY expensive and thus that historic PIA route was cancelled.

i am not comparing the two jets. just discussing the use case for pakistani populace

I have traveled recently on PIA and so too my family on two separate occasion. There is a marked difference in service. It has improved.

This story shows almost criminal neglect of PIA and its assets by former governments. With sincere effort, PIA can be revived.

Just shows how the corrupt and dishonest rulers of PPP and PMLN have ruined other sectors of Pakistan economy too. This would be the same thing they have done to Steel Mills and other sectors of industry.
With the support of our own people..

Last July I flew with PIA to vote in the elections and the misery and mistreatment I received only fortified my vigor to vote out these b*stards PPP and PML-N. I had vowed never to fly PIA again even if the ticket was free.

Now I'm reading on this thread that PIA has massively improved. I'll wait a couple more years before choosing PIA again. In the meantime I'll use Middle Eastern airlines, atleast they don't treat their passengers like garbage.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom